Windows 10: Audio on my 3.5mm jack headset worked fine earlier, restarted PC, now sound only comes out...

Discus and support Audio on my 3.5mm jack headset worked fine earlier, restarted PC, now sound only comes out... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so basically what i'm dealing with is, i have a Sennheiser game one set of headphones, it plug in with the 3.5mm audio jack and the microphone input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HunterShawver, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Audio on my 3.5mm jack headset worked fine earlier, restarted PC, now sound only comes out...

so basically what i'm dealing with is, i have a Sennheiser game one set of headphones, it plug in with the 3.5mm audio jack and the microphone input jack on the back of my MOBO, earlier today both the headset and microphone were working perfectly fine, but for some reason when i came back sound would only play from my monitor but yet my microphone is still fine, my audio device is set to realteck [R] Audio, this is the device that normally plays out of my headset but now plays out of my monitor. ive tried messing with the drivers making sure there all installed and up to date and they are. i'm at a loss, this happened to me a few weeks prior and i just wiped the PC and when it reinstalled windows everything was fine, i do not want to wipe my PC again to fix the issue, hoping somebody out there had the same problem and found a fix. I'll try anything at this point

:)

HunterShawver, Apr 3, 2020

2. Laptop with sound with only 1 3.5mm jack

Just to clarify:

You want to connect a microphone and speakers to the single 3.5mm jack on your PC. However, when you use the splitter that came with your headset, the speaker volume is low because your sound driver thinks you've connected a headset. Or do you want to connect a headset and speakers to the jack simultaneously?

I'm guessing you have a laptop. What model do you have? Your driver may have a setting to tell it what is actually connected.

Audio on my 3.5mm jack headset worked fine earlier, restarted PC, now sound only comes out... [​IMG]

PolarNettles, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Audio Jack isn't Scanning the headset

Hi Aanika,

Faulty audio jack is one of the possible reasons why your headset is not working. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed?
    • To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter key.
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      to resolve sound issues?
    • Is the headset connected to the front panel audio jack or the back panel audio jack?

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    that was provided by preethu on April 23, 2015 to resolve your issue.

We will be looking forward to your response regarding your headset issue.

Eric Ber, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Audio on my 3.5mm jack headset worked fine earlier, restarted PC, now sound only comes out...

Laptop with sound with only 1 3.5mm jack

I want to connect headphones with microphone (two 3.5mm cables, 1 for audio out and 1 for microphone) in to a single audio hole to the laptop using a splitter. I also want to connect speakers together aswell. I'm using 3.5mm jack to 2 3.5mm jacks splitter x 2. So i have 4 outputs to connect devices to. But the problems came by.

georgioumarios, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Audio on my 3.5mm jack headset worked fine earlier, restarted PC, now sound only comes out...

1. Audio on my 3.5mm jack headset worked fine earlier, restarted PC, now sound only comes out... - Similar Threads - Audio 5mm jack

2. PC worked fine earlier today but now crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC worked fine earlier today but now crashing: So my girlfriend's PC was working just fine earlier and she tried booting it recently and as far as I know it wont boot and it even apparently crashed in BIOS, she said there was no visual output, so it could possibly just be the HDMI cable. That's about all the info I have...
  3. PC worked fine earlier today but now crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC worked fine earlier today but now crashing: So my girlfriend's PC was working just fine earlier and she tried booting it recently and as far as I know it wont boot and it even apparently crashed in BIOS, she said there was no visual output, so it could possibly just be the HDMI cable. That's about all the info I have...
  4. Only 1 out of 3 headsets works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only 1 out of 3 headsets works: Hi,I'm trying to find a proper setup for my headset to play counterstrike + discord voice channel. Bluetooth doesn't work with these two programs, so I'm using wired headsets. My custom PC seems not to support TRSS jacks in the headphones input like a smartphone does, so I...
  5. Only 1 out of 3 headsets works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only 1 out of 3 headsets works: Hi,I'm trying to find a proper setup for my headset to play counterstrike + discord voice channel. Bluetooth doesn't work with these two programs, so I'm using wired headsets. My custom PC seems not to support TRSS jacks in the headphones input like a smartphone does, so I...
  6. Only 1 out of 3 headsets works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting

audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting: whenever i plug my headphones into my pc after restarting i hear no sound, and the headphonesno matter what kind dont show up on connected headphone listbut when i plug in the headphones and restart my pc with the headphones inside it works fine, and i can continue to hear...
  8. No Simultaneous Sound out of Audio Jacks

No Simultaneous Sound out of Audio Jacks: How can I get simultaneous audio out of both the USBC and 3.5mm jacks in my Samsung Tab Pro S? The sound leaves the 3.5mm side as soon as I plug in the USBC. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. no sound is coming out of my wired headset

no sound is coming out of my wired headset: No sound is coming out of my wired headset, it has an adapter that goes from a 2 male 3.5mm jacks to a 3.5mm female then my headset plugs into the female. I have tried a lot but it hasn't worked since yesterday . this problem started when i tried to play VR and launched...
  10. Audio is Coming Out of the Wrong Audio Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio is Coming Out of the Wrong Audio Jack: [ATTACH] For context, I built my pc back in 2018 and when I initially installed Windows 10, the mic did not work and I could not find a solution to fix it. The sound settings would always say that there are no input devices found and I just stopped bothering with it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nahimic headset 3 5 mm jack problems www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. win 10 3.5mm headset issues