Windows 10: Audio on only one channel

Discus and support Audio on only one channel in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Audio shows only one channel with sound and the other is greyed out. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarolRagsdale, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Audio on only one channel

Audio shows only one channel with sound and the other is greyed out. Please help.

:)

CarolRagsdale, Aug 16, 2018

2. Audio on only one channel

Hi Monica - thanks so much for responding... we did all of the things that you have listed but to no avail...

And in spite of all this, after 2 shops looking at the computer, with no real answers to the problem, my husband on a hunch brought home 2 new digital speakers and evidently the drivers installed as well and now both channels are working! We are so thankful.

CarolRagsdale, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Audio on only one channel

Audio on only one channel

Hi Carol,

I'd like to know more about your concern. Kindly tell us if you are using a headset or an external speaker to play the audio. Are you using any audio player application? If so, please tell us which application you are using.

Also, kindly send us a screenshot of audio settings that is greyed out so we can have a closer look.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you run the Playing Audio troubleshooter. Here's how:

1. On the Start menu, type Control Panel and then hit
      Enter.
    2. On the Control Panel search field, type Troubleshooting. Click the result.
    3. On the left Pane, select View all.
    4. Select and run the Playing Audio troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Audio on only one channel

1. Audio on only one channel - Similar Threads - Audio channel

2. How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?: I have a speaker setup with two separate speakers left and right channels. I want to play music from one speaker using a media player like Pot Player, while simultaneously playing YouTube video audio from the other speaker using my web browser. In Windows 11 sound settings,...
  3. How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?: I have a speaker setup with two separate speakers left and right channels. I want to play music from one speaker using a media player like Pot Player, while simultaneously playing YouTube video audio from the other speaker using my web browser. In Windows 11 sound settings,...
  4. windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING": hi i have major issues windows 11 with my audio being taken over whenever a audio voice channel is open despite deactivating sound communication to "do nothing" when a voice channel is detected. drivers are up to date. its not just one particular app. you can have spotify or...
  5. windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING"

windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING": hi i have major issues windows 11 with my audio being taken over whenever a audio voice channel is open despite deactivating sound communication to "do nothing" when a voice channel is detected. drivers are up to date. its not just one particular app. you can have spotify or...
  6. WEIRD AND RARE PROBLEM! Why is Windows swapping audio channels in every game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEIRD AND RARE PROBLEM! Why is Windows swapping audio channels in every game?: Long story short:Every installation of Windows i do is swapping stereo channels L/R to R/L ONLY when running 3D applications.This is DEFINATELY a software/windows issue because windows sound test in sound panel or youtube stereo channel test is correct channels arent...
  7. WEIRD AND RARE PROBLEM! Why is Windows swapping audio channels in every game?

WEIRD AND RARE PROBLEM! Why is Windows swapping audio channels in every game?: Long story short:Every installation of Windows i do is swapping stereo channels L/R to R/L ONLY when running 3D applications.This is DEFINATELY a software/windows issue because windows sound test in sound panel or youtube stereo channel test is correct channels arent...
  8. I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...: I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 6i and i have local media files with 7.1 channel audio, windows media player and films and tv app plays the audio as mute, i did not face the same problem with 2.1 or 5.1 audio channels, i have reinstalled both the apps and it still doesnt output any...
  9. I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...

I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...: I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 6i and i have local media files with 7.1 channel audio, windows media player and films and tv app plays the audio as mute, i did not face the same problem with 2.1 or 5.1 audio channels, i have reinstalled both the apps and it still doesnt output any...
  10. Windows 10 only can receive left channel from analog audio interface device digital output...

Windows 10 only can receive left channel from analog audio interface device digital output...: Hello,I recently noticed that a device I have to transcode audio sound from my turntable to record vinyl only recording the left channel and splitting it into two channels like it's stereo, but it's not. I have two devices that can transcode analog sound into WAVE or MPG3,...