Windows 10: Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine

Discus and support Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On most of the games I have the audio simply doesn't work, yet on everything else, youtube, spotify etc it works normally? Any ideas on how I can fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hugo823, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine

On most of the games I have the audio simply doesn't work, yet on everything else, youtube, spotify etc it works normally? Any ideas on how I can fix this?

submitted by /u/hugo823
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hugo823, Feb 24, 2021

2. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine

No audio in some games in Windows 10

(Issue similar to No audio in newer games on Windows 10)

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit 10.1803.17134.345 on an MSI GV62VR 7RF laptop.
    (Intel HD 630, nVidia GTX 1060)

The problem started yesterday after there was a BSOD when bringing the laptop out of hibernation. Since then, there is no audio in many of my games. Audio works fine outside games.

List of games where audio works:

• Warframe
    • Killing Floor
    • Kingdom : Classic
    • Dirty Bomb
    • Heat Signature

List of games where audio doesn't work:

• GTA 4
    • Borderlands 2
    • Homefront : The Revolution
    • Plague Inc : Evolved
    • Hotline Miami 2

What I've tried:

• Checked dxdiag : No errors
    • Checked Device Manager : No warnings or anything
    • Reinstalled Realtek HD Audio drivers, both with the MSI OEM ones as well as latest generic ones from the Realtek site
    • Uninstalled Realtek audio drivers, used the Windows default ones
    • Uninstalled Nahimic 2.0 audio suite
    • Installed Nahimic 2.3.0, supposed to support the Windows 10 Anniversary update
    • Repaired DirectX through the redistributable package
    • Disabled each and both of the graphics cards from Device Manager
    • Updated both graphics card drivers
    • SFC /scannow
    • DISM, then SFC /scannow
    • Tried changing audio bitrate in Sound settings
    • Deselected allowing applications to take exclusive control.
    • Checked per-app volume settings (all default)
    • Spatial sound off
    • Windows Update to latest
    • No System Restore point available so no can do

What I've not tried: reinstalling Windows.

I tried mostly everything mentioned in the other question, however I don't have Sonic Studio on my MSI but I do have Nahimic, which is currently uninstalled.

Any suggestions are welcome.

supersonic_ht, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine

1. Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine - Similar Threads - Audio games working

2. Windows 10 update 22H2 will not install, computer works fine otherwise.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 22H2 will not install, computer works fine otherwise.: I've tried running the troubleshooter but it seems incompetent as it is telling me to install updates. I ran the troubleshooter because this ONE update is not installing. 22H2 The other available updates installed just fine. Other than windows bothering me every hour to...
  3. Windows 10 update 22H2 will not install, computer works fine otherwise.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update 22H2 will not install, computer works fine otherwise.: I've tried running the troubleshooter but it seems incompetent as it is telling me to install updates. I ran the troubleshooter because this ONE update is not installing. 22H2 The other available updates installed just fine. Other than windows bothering me every hour to...
  4. Windows 10 update 22H2 will not install, computer works fine otherwise.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio Refuses to Come Through Headphone when playing games; but otherwise works normally.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Refuses to Come Through Headphone when playing games; but otherwise works normally.: Hey all, Weird situation.. I've recently built my new rig (specs below), and I'm having this really weird issue: I have Turtle Beach Stealth 700 BT headphones that will connect and play music, youtube, etc just fine -- but when I go to play BattleField4, or any other game,...
  6. Headphones not working, Realtek oddities, otherwise audio fine

Headphones not working, Realtek oddities, otherwise audio fine: submitted by /u/BreakingGood [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i771e7/headphones_not_working_realtek_oddities_otherwise/
  7. Audio works fine with airpods but when I launch a game, there's no sound

Audio works fine with airpods but when I launch a game, there's no sound: So I can run specific games with my airpods while using chrome and I can hear sounds on both apps. However when I open other games at the same time, the audio stops working. The volume mixer shows that sound is coming from chrome, but whatever app I open simultaneously...
  8. Bluetooth devices not connecting; Bluetooth seems to be working fine otherwise?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth devices not connecting; Bluetooth seems to be working fine otherwise?: I have been having this problem for around a week, maybe a bit more. My Bluetooth has been acting up when I attempt to connect Bose 700 Bluetooth headphones. I assumed this was just the headphones, so I plugged them in instead of using Bluetooth. I later attempted to...
  9. audio issues in some games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio issues in some games: I am using windows 10 1809 in a variety of machines Halo: Combat Evolved has issues with the dialog, not sure if there is a codec missing Freelancer also has some similar issues with spoken dialog i tried installing dx9 fresh no help any ideas what is missing to get...
  10. USB Keyboard Does Not Work in BIOS (But Otherwise Works Fine.)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Keyboard Does Not Work in BIOS (But Otherwise Works Fine.): I have a USB keyboard which normally works fine but is not working when I enter the BIOS. (Which I am trying to do BTW so that I can boot from the the Win10 ISO install disk. I'm on Win7 now and I've tried the easier way many times but it always fails.) The keyboard is...