Windows 10: Audio only playing in one ear!

Discus and support Audio only playing in one ear! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HELP!! I checked today, and my audio is only playing in one ear! I'm using a ideapad 330, Astro A10 headset, disabled effects, reinstalled drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joshzg, May 9, 2020.

1. joshzg Win User

Audio only playing in one ear!

HELP!! I checked today, and my audio is only playing in one ear! I'm using a ideapad 330, Astro A10 headset, disabled effects, reinstalled drivers, unistalled drivers, updated drivers. Please help, this happened just today, what should I do??? Edit: Nevermind, it just happens when I move, but how do I fix this? It keeps going in one ear and it's very annoying!

:)

joshzg, May 9, 2020

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 9, 2020
  3. TWS earphones only plays sound in the right ear when connected to laptop while it plays on both ears when connected to mobile.

TWS earphones only plays sound in the right ear when connected to laptop while it plays on both ears when connected to mobile. Please provide step by step instruction where the setting can be changed in the laptop.

LaminAndrews, May 9, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

unable to connect a ear phone/audio line

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Ear phone. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

I suggest you to update all the drivers from the manufacturer web site and install and check if it helps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio only playing in one ear! - Similar Threads - Audio playing ear

2. Audio only playing out of one ear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio only playing out of one ear.: Hello. About 2 weeks ago my audio completely cut out of the left ear of my headset. No clue why. I have confirmed that this is not a hardware issue because I have tested multiple audio jacks, headsets, USB adapters and everything else the issue is still there. Here is the...
  3. Audio only playing out of one ear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio only playing out of one ear.: Hello. About 2 weeks ago my audio completely cut out of the left ear of my headset. No clue why. I have confirmed that this is not a hardware issue because I have tested multiple audio jacks, headsets, USB adapters and everything else the issue is still there. Here is the...
  4. Audio only playing out of one ear.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio only playing in one ear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio only playing in one ear: I have had a question a lot of people had, but none of the solutions seem applicable for me.For the past week or so I've been battling my computer to get my headphones playing in both of my ears, I got it working last night for about an hour before it failed again. I have...
  6. Audio only playing in one ear

Audio only playing in one ear: I have had a question a lot of people had, but none of the solutions seem applicable for me.For the past week or so I've been battling my computer to get my headphones playing in both of my ears, I got it working last night for about an hour before it failed again. I have...
  7. Audio only playing in one ear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Audio only playing in one ear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio only playing in one ear.: When I was listening to music, the audio started to play in one ear only. I could still play audio but only in one ear. I didn't change any settings, this came abruptly....
  9. Audio only playing in one ear.

Audio only playing in one ear.: When I was listening to music, the audio started to play in one ear only. I could still play audio but only in one ear. I didn't change any settings, this came abruptly....
  10. Audio only playing out of one ear.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio only playing out of one ear.: Hi everyone! Issue is as the title says. Everything was working fine until I connected a second monitor (Technika LCD22-921, I was desperate) and the audio shifted to the right ear only. Using a HDMI cable with that and the audio device immediately defaulted to that. I...