Windows 10: Audio only playing on one side of my headset.

Discus and support Audio only playing on one side of my headset. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About two weeks ago, I accidentally knee'd my headphone jack out of my laptop, and when I plugged it back in, it only played on the left side. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MemBotz, Nov 9, 2020.

1. MemBotz Win User

Audio only playing on one side of my headset.

About two weeks ago, I accidentally knee'd my headphone jack out of my laptop, and when I plugged it back in, it only played on the left side. This isn't my headphone, because I tested on another laptop and my Xbox one. It still works on both sides on those devices, but it doesn't work on my current device. It doesn't show in playback in the sound settings and it shows as a input but not a output in the audio settings.

:)

MemBotz, Nov 9, 2020

2. Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

You could try going into settings and running the 'Troubleshooter'. Although this might not work as I think it may be a software/driver issue.

Audio only playing on one side of my headset. [​IMG]

Ah okay. I have had a look at the manufacture Nubwo, and there doesn't seem to be any official drivers or software listed.

Thus I would suggest we try and uninstall everything related to the headset, and then let everything install automatically, as it had done on the other desktop (assuming everything was automatically configured, and it just worked).

1.) See if you can first remove the Realtek Audio Manager 1.0.0.222 software by uninstalling it.
    • Settings > Apps > Click on the app and select 'Uninstall.'

2.) After that right click on Start menu (*Start) and select 'Device Manager'
    • Under the 'View' tab, select 'Show hidden devices'
    • Then click on the arrow before 'Sound, video and game controllers' as well as 'Audio inputs and outputs' (this should drop down to reveal a list of audio drivers and headsets)
    • I can help you with which driver (in relation to your headset) to uninstall, if you post back with a screenshot.

Optional.) Or if you are comfortable with knowing which driver to uninstall, then do so
    • Right click on the driver name > Uninstall (Check 'delete software for this device'). Perform a restart and plug the headset back in.

ellellell1, Nov 9, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Audio only playing on one side of my headset. :p

cadaveca, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Audio only playing on one side of my headset.

Headset won't play audio.

Alright, so I recently got a new headset, Turtle Beach Stealth 400, and I wanted to play my games using it (as all people do) but when I booted up any game the audio came out of my laptop and nothing from the headset. So I checked if it was plugged in right,
    it was, then I checked the default audio output for the games I was playing. I switched them to the headset and the headset alone. Still didn't help. Then I tried the settings assistant and that resulted in nothing. My laptop is an Asus TUF FX504 Series laptop.
    (the 16gb RAM, 128GB SSD, 1TB drive, GTX 1050, Core i7 8750H model) Also, The audio DOES play on the headset on YouTube and videos. If that helps.

Plz help

ARandomBoi, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Audio only playing on one side of my headset.

1. Audio only playing on one side of my headset. - Similar Threads - Audio playing side

2. only left side of headset plays audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only left side of headset plays audio: Like the title says, only the left side plays audio. I've done many things like balancing the audio in settings, reinstalling drivers, using different headset, etc. none of those fixed the issue. is there anything else i can do?...
  3. only left side of headset plays audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    only left side of headset plays audio: Like the title says, only the left side plays audio. I've done many things like balancing the audio in settings, reinstalling drivers, using different headset, etc. none of those fixed the issue. is there anything else i can do?...
  4. Audio only playing in one ear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio only playing in one ear: I have had a question a lot of people had, but none of the solutions seem applicable for me.For the past week or so I've been battling my computer to get my headphones playing in both of my ears, I got it working last night for about an hour before it failed again. I have...
  5. Audio only playing in one ear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio only playing in one ear: I have had a question a lot of people had, but none of the solutions seem applicable for me.For the past week or so I've been battling my computer to get my headphones playing in both of my ears, I got it working last night for about an hour before it failed again. I have...
  6. Audio only playing in one ear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio only playing in one ear.: When I was listening to music, the audio started to play in one ear only. I could still play audio but only in one ear. I didn't change any settings, this came abruptly....
  7. Pass audio for one side through headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pass audio for one side through headset: i have a very unusual problem that im not sure how to solve until i just get a new headset. my steelseries arctis 3 broke and only plays audio in the right side. its definitely a hardware problem and not anything i can fix in windows. i have a pair of akg earbuds from a...
  8. Audio Only Coming From Side Of Headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Only Coming From Side Of Headset: Just recently I bought an Omen laptop, I tried to plug in my headset to listen to music and the audio only came from the left headphone. Later on I did an audio test to make sure my headset wasn't busted and that's when I noticed that both audio channels were being combined....
  9. Audio only playing in one ear!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio only playing in one ear!: HELP!! I checked today, and my audio is only playing in one ear! I'm using a ideapad 330, Astro A10 headset, disabled effects, reinstalled drivers, unistalled drivers, updated drivers. Please help, this happened just today, what should I do??? Edit: Nevermind, it just happens...
  10. Headphones play sound only on one side

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones play sound only on one side: Hello everyone, I recently built for the first time my PC and got windows 10 on it. Everything works fine, except the sound. When I insert my Logitech G332 headset on the front pannel, sound only plays on the left side. I've already looked at the balance and the left and...