Windows 10: Audio Output device

Discus and support Audio Output device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an audio receiver connected to my desktop via Bluetooth. Somehow, I lose the connection every day or so. Under Settings Bluetooth, it indicates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bradrodgers12, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Audio Output device

I have an audio receiver connected to my desktop via Bluetooth. Somehow, I lose the connection every day or so. Under Settings Bluetooth, it indicates that I am paired to the receiver. Under Sound, no output device is available within the dropdown menu. It used to say either the name of the receiver or headphones. I sometimes can recover the sound output after running various troubleshooters but will lose the setting on re-boot.

Any ideas?

:)

bradrodgers12, Nov 23, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 23, 2020
  3. audio output device

My surface pro seven suddenly does not have sound. It says there is no audio output driver. I talked to someone at microsoft and they had me uninstall and reinstall updates. I cannot reinstall an audio driver because the device manager list of devices does
    not even show sound as an option anymore. The rep I talked to finally said he had no more suggestions.

I am not sure how to fix this or why it happened.

RuthBellamy2, Nov 23, 2020
  4. netter Win User

Audio Output device

No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Audio Output device

1. Audio Output device - Similar Threads - Audio Output device

2. audio output devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio output devices: My smart phone is paired to my laptop but I cannot get the laptop to output audio to my smart phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-devices/c8ddc572-e46b-4e33-92ab-baa684f6027b
  3. audio output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio output device: My surface pro seven suddenly does not have sound. It says there is no audio output driver. I talked to someone at microsoft and they had me uninstall and reinstall updates. I cannot reinstall an audio driver because the device manager list of devices does not even show sound...
  4. no audio output device

no audio output device: after win 10 update the audio not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device/5902e376-33d1-4322-ac8d-71391c20f277
  5. audio output device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio output device: My laptop has no audio output device installed, can someone help me rectify this problem/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-device/bf8d0d4c-fc5d-4db5-ad34-f9b69a93ba46
  6. Audio Output Device

Audio Output Device: I used to have headphone and speaker which I can switch under here when I pluged two audio output devices. [ATTACH] But after I updated the audio driver today, the headphone choice was disappeared. I can only switch between headphone and speaker by unplugging one of them....
  7. No Audio Output Device

No Audio Output Device: I ran an update on my PC this morning and now do not have sound. There are no output or input devices detected. How can I fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device/553a6087-4d36-4098-b99e-61e6c49ce4da
  8. output audio device

output audio device: my system is showing notification of no audio output device is installed and even no audio sound is audible.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/output-audio-device/5b5d3f20-0ab8-4f46-94cb-106a14808e96
  9. No Audio output device

No Audio output device: I have a No Audio Issue started about 2 days ago. In my search of the issue on my Surface I found Remote Capture Remote Render info. I've reinstalled Windows 10 but still no audio and possible remote control over my system 118000
  10. No Audio output device

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Audio output device: I have a No Audio Issue started about 2 days ago. In my search of the issue on my Surface I found Remote Capture Remote Render info. I've reinstalled Windows 10 but still no audio and possible remote control over my system 118000