Windows 10: Audio output from headphones not functional

Discus and support Audio output from headphones not functional in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; whenever I unplug my headphones then re-plug them my PC can no longer detect their presence and only plays from PC speakers. this issue is solved when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShadenMas, Oct 5, 2020.

1. ShadenMas Win User

Audio output from headphones not functional

whenever I unplug my headphones then re-plug them my PC can no longer detect their presence and only plays from PC speakers. this issue is solved when I restart my PC, I can't keep restarting my PC every time I unplug my headphones.

Nothing seems off with my sound drivers.

Audio output is set to Speakers/Headphones; they are not separate, this is possibly part of the issue as well.

:)

ShadenMas, Oct 5, 2020

2. Headphones jack only outputting mono after dolby access install

Hi,

The headphones issue that you encountered after installing the audio program can be related to a possible licensing issue. The software that you're using offers an in-app purchase and it's best to contact the developer for further support. On the other hand,
    we suggest that you use Windows Sonic as an alternative for the audio output by following the steps below:

• Right click on the speaker icon located on the notification area.
    • Select Spatial sound.
    • Under the Spatial sound tab, select Windows Sonic for Headphones
      from the drop-down list.
    • Click OK.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 5, 2020
  4. fishr Win User

Making Bluetooth headphones the audio output device

I finally got my Bluetooth headphones to connect to my PC (Windows 10) but I'm not getting any sound through them. When I try to change my audio output device to them, I don't see them listed. I do see them under Bluetooth devices in Device Manager.

fishr, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio output from headphones not functional - Similar Threads - Audio output headphones

2. Wireless Beats headphones not recognized as audio output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Beats headphones not recognized as audio output: My Beats Studio 3 headphones can connect via bluetooth to my Windows 11 laptop HP ENVY x360 2-in-1 Laptop 15-ew0xxx, but I cannot select them as an audio output. These headphones work perfectly fine on other devices, and my computer can connect to and play audio from other...
  3. Swapping Audio output from Left to Right Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Swapping Audio output from Left to Right Headphones: I have rage quit and broken my old headphones recently, so I went searching my house for others and I found one that works. The thing is, my computer is to the right of me, and the cord for the headphones are meant to be on the leftwhen wearing the correct way. I have been...
  4. Swapping Audio output from Left to Right Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Swapping Audio output from Left to Right Headphones: I have rage quit and broken my old headphones recently, so I went searching my house for others and I found one that works. The thing is, my computer is to the right of me, and the cord for the headphones are meant to be on the leftwhen wearing the correct way. I have been...
  5. Need help with audio output from headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with audio output from headphones: while my speakers work fine, when I plug in my headphones theres no sound emitting from them, I have tried reinstalling drivers, and restarting the laptop but nothing fixes it. I have tried various methods, but maybe something that is worth mentioning is that I tried updating...
  6. How to output audio from two sources to a set of headphones?

How to output audio from two sources to a set of headphones?: This might not be a Windows specific question, but here it goes. I play Warzone with my bro a lot, while I talk to him on my phone. I was wondering if there is a way hear both the warzone sounds and phone conversation through a set of headphones? Also I don't ever chat with...
  7. Headphones not showing in output audio devices on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not showing in output audio devices on laptop: [ATTACH] I installed Dolby Access and I have to choose my headphones from audio devices list but they are not there. If I choose default speakers it says they're not compatible....
  8. Headphones only outputting audio in mono

Headphones only outputting audio in mono: Hello, I'd like to play Stereo audio when my headphones are plugged in to my 3.5mm audio port, but they are only outputting in Mono. Stereo works when using them through Bluetooth, but I often use them wired and would like them to play Stereo properly that way as well....
  9. Games Are Not Functioning Properly in Terms of Audio Output

Games Are Not Functioning Properly in Terms of Audio Output: OK, I downloaded a free game from the Microsoft Store. Once I run it, the game doesn't show that the audio is working. I tried to set it in-game to MAX, but the speakers built into my DELL Inspiron laptop doesn't work correctly. Any help here?...
  10. Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones

Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones: well i had this problem fixed but for some reason it's back and it won't go away no matter what i do i can't figure out how to fix it I can hear my microphone through my headphones and speakers i have listen to device unchecked but the weird part is when i try to record my...