Windows 10: Audio Output issue - The recent Windows 10 update made it so the Monitor w/ built-in...

Discus and support Audio Output issue - The recent Windows 10 update made it so the Monitor w/ built-in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently updated the Windows 10 on my HTPC. Amongst a variety of other issues, I no longer knows how to locate and switch audio output sources.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wizard1987, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Audio Output issue - The recent Windows 10 update made it so the Monitor w/ built-in...

I recently updated the Windows 10 on my HTPC. Amongst a variety of other issues, I no longer knows how to locate and switch audio output sources. Before it was all listed under Sound Control Panel > Playback, but my TV no longer shows up. I don't know if this is the place to ask for such help, but please help.

submitted by /u/Wizard1987
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wizard1987, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Audio output issue

Hi,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your audio/video was not working. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating your driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the troubleshooter in this
    article
    to resolve your sound issues. You may choose other troubleshooting steps by clicking the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Audio Output issue - The recent Windows 10 update made it so the Monitor w/ built-in...

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.

Sai Sreekantt M, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Audio Output issue - The recent Windows 10 update made it so the Monitor w/ built-in...

1. Audio Output issue - The recent Windows 10 update made it so the Monitor w/ built-in... - Similar Threads - Audio Output issue

2. Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues: I have been using RDP to connect to my work laptop for years. It has been working fine until an update a few months ago. Now I'm experiencing a weird issue which I will describe below.I have a customized RDP file with the following setting. That allows me to use only 3 of the...
  3. Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues: I have been using RDP to connect to my work laptop for years. It has been working fine until an update a few months ago. Now I'm experiencing a weird issue which I will describe below.I have a customized RDP file with the following setting. That allows me to use only 3 of the...
  4. Audio Output Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Output Issues: I have recently bought a new windows 11 gaming pc which was working fine until yesterday. When using my headphones I'm having issues where the audio is partially becoming muffled. It seems the problem appeared after unplugging my headphones with my computer turned off and...
  5. Audio Output Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Output Issues: I have recently bought a new windows 11 gaming pc which was working fine until yesterday. When using my headphones I'm having issues where the audio is partially becoming muffled. It seems the problem appeared after unplugging my headphones with my computer turned off and...
  6. Recently Built PC Not Detecting HDMI Output (Sound)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recently Built PC Not Detecting HDMI Output (Sound): I connected my soundbar to my PC via HDMI. However, the soundbar isn't even detected. The output device is still "Digital Audio (HDMI) (2- High Definition Audio). For reference, I am running a Ryzen 7 4700G with integrated graphics. Does anyone have any idea on how to get...
  7. Audio issue after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issue after recent windows update: After the most recent update I have been experiencing an audio issue where even though my default sound output is set to my speakers and the system sounds is set to use the default unable to change that anymore apparently? the sound is still being routed to my Arctis 7...
  8. Audio output issue

Audio output issue: So I've recently encountered this issue where, when i have something plugged into the headphone jack it works fine, but when its coming out of my laptop (HP Pavillion 15-cw1042au) the sound works for about half a second then goes really quiet, even on vlc media player witht...
  9. Recent update broke audio output selection.

Recent update broke audio output selection.: Just a heads up for people who use multiple audio outputs. After recent update default audio selection does nothing and I need to reboot the system each time I want to change audio output. submitted by /u/snaut [link] [comments]...
  10. Recent Windows 10 update Audio Issues (Headphones)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent Windows 10 update Audio Issues (Headphones): So I just recently got the new windows 10 update a few days ago and when I turned on my computer the next day my audio driver was completely missing. I looked at some tutorials and managed to download the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver from the Realtek website yesterday...