Windows 10: Audio output issue

Discus and support Audio output issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've recently encountered this issue where, when i have something plugged into the headphone jack it works fine, but when its coming out of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jvd03, Sep 2, 2020.

1. /u/jvd03 Win User

Audio output issue

So I've recently encountered this issue where, when i have something plugged into the headphone jack it works fine, but when its coming out of my laptop (HP Pavillion 15-cw1042au) the sound works for about half a second then goes really quiet, even on vlc media player witht the volume on 100 and vlc on 200% it only sounds like the laptop is on 10, ive tried troubleshooting the speakers and sound drivers (and tried updating them) and all that stuff (ive also tried turning it off and on again) but nothing works, anyone have any ideas?

submitted by /u/jvd03
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jvd03, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Audio output issue

Hi,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your audio/video was not working. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating your driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the troubleshooter in this
    article
    to resolve your sound issues. You may choose other troubleshooting steps by clicking the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Audio output issue

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Audio output issue

1. Audio output issue - Similar Threads - Audio output issue

2. Audio input and output issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio input and output issues: Hi I'm using MECER Z140 , I've installed a new windows but my laptop doesn't have audio input and output, I've tried installing new audio drivers but still no luck, I get an error message that says " windows found drivers for your device but but encountered an error while...
  3. Audio input and output issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio input and output issues: Hi I'm using MECER Z140 , I've installed a new windows but my laptop doesn't have audio input and output, I've tried installing new audio drivers but still no luck, I get an error message that says " windows found drivers for your device but but encountered an error while...
  4. Audio input and output issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issue with audio output on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with audio output on laptop: Hi I've been having an issue with this for a while now, it suddenly happened. When i plug in headphones or use wireless earbuds, audio from netflix, disney plus, instagram, twitter, and youtube won't play through the headphones, but instead plays through the speakers. But...
  6. Audio Output Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Output Issues: I have recently bought a new windows 11 gaming pc which was working fine until yesterday. When using my headphones I'm having issues where the audio is partially becoming muffled. It seems the problem appeared after unplugging my headphones with my computer turned off and...
  7. Audio Output Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Output Issues: I have recently bought a new windows 11 gaming pc which was working fine until yesterday. When using my headphones I'm having issues where the audio is partially becoming muffled. It seems the problem appeared after unplugging my headphones with my computer turned off and...
  8. Having an issue with audio output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having an issue with audio output: Hey all, I just got a new gaming rig and I'm having a lot of audio issues with windows 10 that weren't present on my old Asus ROG laptop- If I start the PC, I have no sound at all. It will only start outputting the sound to my monitor (Acer VG270U P) if I do a restart. This...
  9. Issue with Audio Output Device

Issue with Audio Output Device: My Task Bar is on red and won't play sound. This issue appears since Windows update. Any Idea to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-audio-output-device/fed70ffd-4534-4b3a-9327-499f2eace86e
  10. Audio Input/Output Issues

Audio Input/Output Issues: Hey all! Today is the 2nd day with my new computer that I built and I am having some issues with audio. I am running a gigabyte motherboard- which is great btw. BUT, I have 2 separate outputs for a microphone and audio. Is it possible that I can use my earbuds/headphones...