Windows 10: Audio Output Not Detected

Discus and support Audio Output Not Detected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop will not detect my headphones when plugging into the audio jack. Though it does know somethings there because a popup comes up asking me what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maxxvvood, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Audio Output Not Detected

My laptop will not detect my headphones when plugging into the audio jack. Though it does know somethings there because a popup comes up asking me what device I just plugged in. Regardless, I cannot switch from laptop speakers to headphones. I've reinstalled audio drivers and even reverted to an older version to no avail. They were working yesterday and I have no idea what happened between then and now.

submitted by /u/maxxvvood
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maxxvvood, Jan 27, 2020

2. No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jan 27, 2020
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Audio Output Not Detected

No Audio Output Device is installed

Hi JacquelineL1

I am Wilfredo an Independent advisor And I'm here to help you!!

How you doing today?

Run Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter

To fix the “No Audio Output Device is installed” error in Windows 10, you could also run the built-in Windows Audio Troubleshooter. To access the troubleshooter, here’s what you need to do.

Step 1. Open the search box

Step 2. Type Troubleshooter in the search box and then press Enter

Step 3. Click View all

Step 4. Select Playing audio

Step 5. Follow the instructions to complete the audio troubleshooting process

Note: The Audio Troubleshooter will detect the audio issues. When the search is finished, the audio issues will display.

I hope it helps you, have a nice day!!!

Wilfredo_Soto, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Audio Output Not Detected

1. Audio Output Not Detected - Similar Threads - Audio Output Detected

2. windows not detecting bluetooth headphones as an audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows not detecting bluetooth headphones as an audio output device: it is showing as a connectable audio device, i can connect it as an audio device. it is not showing as an output device, preventing me to use them for their sole purpose. i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting them, i have tried unpairing and pairing them again, i've...
  3. No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio Output Devices Detected on laptop with built in speakers: The sound output on my Dell XPS 13 9310 is permanently muted as apparently no output devices can be detected. This is despite the device having built in speakers. I have tried rebooting the device to no avail. Could it be a hardware issue? Any help appreciated....
  4. Audio output not detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio output not detected.: My laptop got shut down because the battery died. But as soon as i restarted the device , it is not detecting any audio output and there is a red cross appearing on the speaker icon in the task bar. I have tried reinstalling the drivers but that did not work. Can anyone...
  5. Audio Outputs not detected when using USB

Audio Outputs not detected when using USB: When plugged in to any USB port, windows 10 does not detect any audio devices and displays that there are none. The sound control panel says there are no audio devices installed. Tried two different sets of speakers with the same results. Other devices are recognized in all...
  6. Windows 10 detects no audio output devices

Windows 10 detects no audio output devices: My computer's audio output devices have disappeared from the list of available devices and I'm left with a red cross over the speaker icon. Checking Hardware manager I can see all of the devices but they've got ! symbols on them but no matter how often I...
  7. Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem

Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem: hello, I am having a problem with my windows 10 PC. I've recently installed the windows 10 version 20H2 and all of a sudden it says that no audio devices are installed. I've tried uninstalling feature updates and quality updates but nothing seems to work. Even my monitor...
  8. No audio output/input device detected

No audio output/input device detected: I've been suing these headphones with my computer for over a month with no problems, but then I installed AMD video driver and suddenly my computer started saying there were no audio devices plugged in. I went to troubleshoot my audio in the Realtek device manager but it had...
  9. Monitor is only audio output detectable.

Monitor is only audio output detectable.: Hello, I am running windows 10 on my new PC, I have a Predator monitor hooked up. my computer does not detect my headset or microphone when I plug them into their jacks. the only sound output goes through my monitor. I can hook up speakers directly to the monitor, but my...
  10. When Windows detects a new audio output device, it automatically selects it as the audio output

in Windows 10 Customization
    When Windows detects a new audio output device, it automatically selects it as the audio output: Hello, my issue lies with sound settings. Specifically, the fact that when a new audio output device is detected by Windows, it changes the system's audio output to the new device. However, this is irritating for me as I would rather do this myself as and when I need to....