Windows 10: Audio Output Problems

Discus and support Audio Output Problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I have a pc build with a gigabyte b450m ds3h, r5 3600, 5700xt. The bios is flashed to the latest version. Running windows ten, and my headset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/k_ellan, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Audio Output Problems

Hello. I have a pc build with a gigabyte b450m ds3h, r5 3600, 5700xt. The bios is flashed to the latest version. Running windows ten, and my headset will not work out of ANY jack on the PC, including both the front ports and the ones on the IO in the back. However, when I plug it in, I see that a new output option comes up in my sound settings, Speakers (2- Realteck(r) Audio). This output doesn't produce any sound when selected. The headset works on other machines just fine. I really have tried everything I can think of and nothing is working. BTW earbuds/ different headsets don't work with the jack plugs either, so it is a problem with the PC, however, USB headsets DO work. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

submitted by /u/k_ellan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/k_ellan, Jun 15, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    audio problems

Hi,

One possible reason that you’re experiencing sound issue is missing or outdated drivers. We suggest that you update the display drivers by following the steps on this
    article.

You may also try checking the sound settings if the default audio device is set to an HDMI output.

• Right-click the sound icon on the taskbar.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Under the Playback tab, make sure you choose HDMI output as default audio device.

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Marby Rey, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Audio Output Problems

No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Audio Output Problems

1. Audio Output Problems - Similar Threads - Audio Output Problems

2. Output audio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Output audio problem: I'm using windows 10 and having an audio output problem.When I plug my headphone in the audio jack, it shows no headphone output.But when I unplug my headphone, it shows a problem in this video https://youtu.be/c65TSp2A-P4 The first 12 seconds I have my headphones plugged in,...
  3. Output audio problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Output audio problem: I'm using windows 10 and having an audio output problem.When I plug my headphone in the audio jack, it shows no headphone output.But when I unplug my headphone, it shows a problem in this video https://youtu.be/c65TSp2A-P4 The first 12 seconds I have my headphones plugged in,...
  4. Output audio problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. advice for "problem : multiple audio outputs as one output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    advice for "problem : multiple audio outputs as one output: first thing to do uninstall realtek high definition audio device driver : press Win + X select device manager open the "audio controllers, video, games" tabthen right click on the realtek high definition audio device and press uninstall device, restart the pc and your problem...
  6. system audio output problem

system audio output problem: I am having difficulty with sound output via hdmi. It is not getting to the display via hdmi. I have replaced/updated drivers, rebooted several times, and the sound meter shows activity but cannot get sound from computer to display. I do, of course, get image. This...
  7. Problem with audio output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with audio output: Hello fellow Redditors, My friend has Win10 and since it's install, sometimes it happens that in middle of some app/game audio output switches from headphones to TV (using it as a monitor). Now, we recently started playing one game and in one game (approx. 40 minutes) it...
  8. Audio problems on TV output

Audio problems on TV output: So, mostly I use my computer with headphones, I have an evga rtx2070 connected to a desktop monitor that is set as my primary display. I also have it connected to my living room tv. I have no problems using my wireless headphones on the computer, but when I want to put on...
  9. Audio output device problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio output device problem: I have my audio output device on my HP laptop set to a Bluetooth wireless device. Every time I boot from shutdown or on restart the computer, the output resets to the computer's audio device. I have to reset it in Bluetooth and other device settings. How can I stop this? Is...
  10. Audio output problem

Audio output problem: i am getting audio output problem it is showing no device installed but in device manager there is device how to solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-problem/b00a6d90-7fff-4532-9a32-ccb7430865dc