Windows 10: Audio output while connected with HDMI

Discus and support Audio output while connected with HDMI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm connected to a projector with an HDMI cable and want to use the audio output from the computer to connect to a local PA system. The default is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LewisPhinney, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Audio output while connected with HDMI

I'm connected to a projector with an HDMI cable and want to use the audio output from the computer to connect to a local PA system. The default is that when HDMI is connected, the computer audio port is disabled. How do I enable it?

:)

LewisPhinney, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jul 6, 2019
  3. No HDMI audio output

I have connected the monitor X23T-1 from Fujitsu, which has built-in speakers, with my graphics card Nvidia Geforce GT 230 via an HDMI cable at both ends. I have installed the latest graphics card driver. In the OSD menu of the X23T-1 I have selected HDMI
    Audio in the section Input. In the system control panel of Nvidia I have selected X23T-1 the HDMI audio device. In Windows 10 however I do not get the option of selecting an HDMI audio device even if I let display disabled and disconnected devices. I have
    also installed the latest Realtek audio driver but in the Realtek HD Audio-Manager there is no HDMI output device. I know that the speakers, the cable and the graphics card work properly because they worked properly with another mainboard but I also know that
    I had some difficulties to enable the audio sound over HDMI at that time but finally it worked but now I do not know how I made it. I also know that I need Realtek HDMI Output instead of Realtek Digital Output in the device manager but it is just not there.
    Can you help me?

CarlaFromNYC, Jul 6, 2019
  4. ricopedro Win User

Audio output while connected with HDMI

HDMI audio output problem

If you had read the web page
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/no-hdmi-audio-output/7b5b4084-5e0e-4c52-befb-1564ca2fe57e
    , you would not have suggested the Realtek website for finding the driver. If you want more
    information, you will be able to read the web pages from above. The software tool named audio10 does not work. It cannot be started. The issue is: “How do I get Realtek HDMI Output in the device manager?” This would really solve the problem.

ricopedro, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Audio output while connected with HDMI

1. Audio output while connected with HDMI - Similar Threads - Audio output while

2. hdmi output

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi output: i am not getting any sound or video from my hdmi. what should i try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/aa63273e-1a66-495a-b272-d3d32d8495fb
  3. HDMI Output Audio

HDMI Output Audio: I connected my HDMI to my TV and attempted to play output audio through the secondary device but it is not detected in my sound settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-audio/518ee249-2648-404a-8e83-6a078caf080b
  4. Hdmi audio output from a website

Hdmi audio output from a website: While listening to my favorite fm station from the internet, kdfc.com, through an hdmi cable to my stereo reciever, Sony STR DH-510, my audio signal stops when my laptop screen Lenovo Windows 10 goes dark after the screen saver times out. How do I keep my screen saver alive...
  5. HDMI output disappeared on laptop - TV no longer plays audio when connected with HDMI cable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI output disappeared on laptop - TV no longer plays audio when connected with HDMI cable.: I connected my laptop to the TV last night via HDMI to watch some shows when I noticed it wasn't playing audio like it usually does. Visual was fine, but audio was only coming from my laptop. Went through various settings and tried everything from games to mp3s, but it's like...
  6. HDMI not connecting audio

HDMI not connecting audio: Hello, When I connect my laptop to another device TV, projector, the visual connects fine, but the audio comes out of the laptop, rather than the external device. This happens on every device, regardless of cord or receiver. All of my audio driver say they are fully...
  7. HDMI is not connecting audio

HDMI is not connecting audio: Hello, When I connect my laptop to another device TV, projector, the visual connects fine, but the audio comes out of the laptop, rather than the external device. This happens on every device, regardless of cord or receiver. All of my audio driver say they are fully...
  8. About the using of HDMI as audio output

About the using of HDMI as audio output: Hi I'm using my Geforce GTX 1080 to output audio through HDMI to a amplifier Onkyo TX-NR686. But that amplifier doesn't allow the use of FreeSync and Nvidia neither allows it in HDMI so I've connected my TV through Display Port and used HDMI throug the amplifier for audio....
  9. HDMI connection Input or Output?

HDMI connection Input or Output?: I have a HP Laptop 15 and only ONE 1 HDMI connection. Is this an Input or Output? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-connection-input-or-output/d9fa377b-5491-4362-a79c-e306a05241c3
  10. HDMI output

HDMI output: I'm trying to run a projector from my Windows 10 laptop using HDMI to HDMI cable. The projector only shows background and taskbar. Using VGA to VGA cable worked fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/b3789904-ff58-4127-8138-ead5ae41f305

Users found this page by searching for:

1. digital display audio not plugged in