Windows 10: Audio overlay popup when changing volume in Google Chrome

Discus and support Audio overlay popup when changing volume in Google Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Whenever I'm changing the volume, I'm getting this screen overlay in top left corner having three circular audio buttons. Even though no audio... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by archz2, Jun 28, 2019.

1. archz2 Win User

Audio overlay popup when changing volume in Google Chrome

Whenever I'm changing the volume, I'm getting this screen overlay in top left corner having three circular audio buttons.

Even though no audio application is playing, it always shows up whenever I control the volume. What should I do to stop this popup forever? I know uninstalling chrome to zero will resolve this but is there a better way to get rid of this issue? This problems started coming since last 6-7 days. I didn't install any chrome extension. Neither did I install any new software on my machine.

Audio overlay popup when changing volume in Google Chrome [​IMG]

:)

archz2, Jun 28, 2019
  2. JeffA5 Win User

Audio Overlay

When I am adjusting the volume and have a video playing in Google Chrome there is a very annoying audio overlay that comes up. The audio overlay shows a play button and pause like its a song. It does not happen when adjusting audio in other programs.
    Audio overlay popup when changing volume in Google Chrome 4c848168-14f0-4f78-bd6c-db33a976d34c?upload=true.png

JeffA5, Jun 28, 2019
  3. ladyovr60 Win User
    no audio in google chrome

I know this is an old thread, but I'm have the same issues with Google Chrome. I have done everything this thread suggests but I still have no audio in Chrome. Edge works fine. Any other suggestions?

ladyovr60, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Audio overlay popup when changing volume in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Audio overlay popup

2. Audio changing volume when changing apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio changing volume when changing apps: Whenever I change from one application to another windows automatically changes my audio level to something else. I tend to use multiple applications at once so it gets annoying having to set my audio over and over again. I've updated drivers and done just about everything...
  3. Audio changing volume when changing apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio changing volume when changing apps: Whenever I change from one application to another windows automatically changes my audio level to something else. I tend to use multiple applications at once so it gets annoying having to set my audio over and over again. I've updated drivers and done just about everything...
  4. Windows volume changes when I switch in and out of Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows volume changes when I switch in and out of Google Chrome: Hello,When I am in Google Chrome watching a video I set the volume to a certain level. Then I click out of Google Chrome to, let's say, a word document, and then the system volume changes to a different setting. So I click back in Chrome and the volume goes back to what a...
  5. Windows volume changes when I switch in and out of Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows volume changes when I switch in and out of Google Chrome: Hello,When I am in Google Chrome watching a video I set the volume to a certain level. Then I click out of Google Chrome to, let's say, a word document, and then the system volume changes to a different setting. So I click back in Chrome and the volume goes back to what a...
  6. Volume changes when switching to and out of google chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume changes when switching to and out of google chrome: Whenever I play something on google chrome Youtube etc. , when i switch to desktop or other applications, the volume suddenly went up to very higheg. 70, but when i switch back to chrome , the volume drop to around 12. I have tried many things such as resetting the App Volume...
  7. Google chrome audio problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google chrome audio problem: Hello, Well my problem is that whenever I play any type of audio in google chrome there is no audio output as if the device was muted but it's not. On the other hand, there is audio output when I play media on the explorer. My study field requires working with chrome the...
  8. Attenuate volume when playing from Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Attenuate volume when playing from Google Chrome: Hi, I'd like to have my PC automatically reduce volume from other apps when Google Chrome is playing a sound. It's pretty much like the Communications tab in Sound, but then with non-call apps. Is this possible in any way? Any way to maybe let Windows think Chrome is a...
  9. Popups and freezing - Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Popups and freezing - Google Chrome: I use Google Chrome web browser and recently I have been having a couple of problems: 1. It has taken to freezing when I close a tab (not every time and always a different tab) 2. I now see ads like the attached appearing periodically in a separate popup window. [img]...
  10. no audio in google chrome

in Browsers and Email
    no audio in google chrome: hi, im new to this forum so sorry if i make any mistake. my sound from google chrom just aint working. i have tried these steps resetting chrome reinstalling chrome reinstalling drivers restarting my machine checked if it was not muted checked with a youtube video if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google audio overlay

2. windows 10 chrome pause audio

3. stop chrome volume popup

4. chrome Volume overlay lockscreen,
  5. chrome volume overlay keeps popping up