Windows 10: Audio play has micro pauses randomly, extremely annoying

Discus and support Audio play has micro pauses randomly, extremely annoying in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a recent problem perhaps due to one of the updates as was the case with windows 7. 69214 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dunkinidaho, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Audio play has micro pauses randomly, extremely annoying

This is a recent problem perhaps due to one of the updates as was the case with windows 7.

:)

dunkinidaho, Nov 7, 2016
  2. Sparks260 Win User

How can I TURN OFF, not pause, music (Pandora, podcasts, store) completely on Windows 8 phone?

The problem is that when you connect or disconnect from your Bluetooth, it un-pauses automatically and starts playing at whatever volume you left it at. It's quite annoying and extremely inconvenient.

Sparks260, Nov 7, 2016
  3. MJAmax Win User
    Lumia 920 Music app randomly plays after exiting car.

I think the issue is related to the "pause logic"... The player pauses and restarts automatically as I'd expect; such as I'm listening to music, a phone call comes in, the player pauses, I complete the call, the player starts playing beautifully as I'd
    expect.

The problem is when I manually pause the player. Then I make a call, then hang up, the player starts playing when I really do not want it to do so. Same thing with switching outputs, l manually pause the player while I'm on my Bluetooth headset (or the
    hardware micro plug to an external speaker) and I disconnect the Bluetooth or unplug the micro audio plug, the player starts up again when I do not want it to do so.

What I really want to do is "stop" the player app vs. pause it. And there's no option to do so.

The problem is annoying at best, I pause my player to have a conversation with someone, then our of respect, I close my Bluetooth headset or unplug/remove my headphones and the player starts up and plays through the Nokia speaker and interrupts the conversation.

Make sense? I think the issue is about the manual vs. auto pause logic in the code. Or we need an app STOP vs. pause button.

MJAmax, Nov 7, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

Audio play has micro pauses randomly, extremely annoying

fireberd, Nov 7, 2016
  5. Upon further thought I'm going to just live with the annoyance. I had a related issue with latency last year in a desktop that was only resolved with the purchase of a new machine, the new laptop that now has developed this current bug. I've found that these glitches are very rarely resolved on forums. Sorry to have wasted everyones time

dunkinidaho, Nov 7, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    We've solved a lot of problems on these forums (sevenforums, eightforums, tenforums) over the years. Just have to work a little to resolve it, not give up and buy a new PC.

fireberd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Audio play has micro pauses randomly, extremely annoying

1. Audio play has micro pauses randomly, extremely annoying - Similar Threads - Audio play has

2. Audio and video applications keep opening up randomly and PC keeps pausing and playing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio and video applications keep opening up randomly and PC keeps pausing and playing...: Hello there. I happen to have a problem with my laptop. It keeps opening up audio and video applications randomly and it keeps pausing and playing audio and video on its own. Heck, my laptop just blanks out for no reason whatsoever and I can’t make anything on Sony Vegas! I...
  3. Audio/Video pauses randomly, then resyncs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio/Video pauses randomly, then resyncs.: Got a strange one here:When watching videos or streaming, the audio randomly pauses, the video continues for a second or so, then the video pauses, the audio restarts, and then when they both get to the same point, they both continue as normal. This will happen with streaming...
  4. Audio/Video pauses randomly, then resyncs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio/Video pauses randomly, then resyncs.: Got a strange one here:When watching videos or streaming, the audio randomly pauses, the video continues for a second or so, then the video pauses, the audio restarts, and then when they both get to the same point, they both continue as normal. This will happen with streaming...
  5. Audio/Video pauses randomly, then resyncs.

6. Video/Audio play pause randomly and Touched stuck until press Windows key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video/Audio play pause randomly and Touched stuck until press Windows key: Without using external keyboard/mouse i noticed that , • My Touched not working,it got stuck until I press the Windows button. After pressing window key it works for some time and again the touch stuck.• Also my video/Audio play pause randomly when this happens.• if i open my...
  7. Annoying sound plays at random

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying sound plays at random: Recently I have upgraded my SSD to a larger and newer model. But since clean system install on my new drive, I am constantly harassed by some sort of notification sound. I haven't noticed any pattern to it, I think it plays at random. Couldn't find anything in Event Viewer...
  8. Bluetooth sending random play/pause signals

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth sending random play/pause signals: So I use my amazon echo dot as a Bluetooth speaker for my desktop PC. This problem seems to occur only when connected to that though Pretty much if I pause Spotify/YouTube while connected to the echo dot, it will stay paused for 10-15 seconds maybe, and then will...
  9. Audio & video Play Pause automatically

Audio & video Play Pause automatically: Audio and video pause automatically and sometimes pause and play only when I use an internal YouTube, google or 3rd party software windows media player, VLC, films &TVs . 1. It happens only when I am playing a video or audio. 2. No virus after scan 3. Since the space bar key...
  10. audio playback has a buffering pause

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio playback has a buffering pause: Windows 10 on dell latitude laptop. occurs on all media options including pre-recorded cds. Have re-installed driver, looked for updates--no solutions. Anyone have a recommendation for a cure?...