Windows 10: Audio Playback Device Missing

Discus and support Audio Playback Device Missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So today when I got onto my computer I noticed I had audio. I did the normal thing I usually do and check to see if I'm on the right playback device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Clayton Mahoney, May 1, 2020.

1. Audio Playback Device Missing

So today when I got onto my computer I noticed I had audio. I did the normal thing I usually do and check to see if I'm on the right playback device. But it wasn't there. Now I'm stuck, I've tried everything people have said to do like uninstalling/reinstall drivers, restart windows audio, troubleshoot, and more. Nothing has worked. I really need help. I just need a way where I can bring back the playback device.

:)

Clayton Mahoney, May 1, 2020
  2. Jessen P Win User

Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, May 1, 2020
  3. RazOcean Win User
    No Playback Device Option in Realtek HD Audio Manager

I would like to switch the audio output between front headset and rear speaker in Realtek HD Audio Manager. I remember before there was a "Playback Device" option in the software. Then, choose "make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously" But it missing.

This my pic.

Audio Playback Device Missing [​IMG]

This what I need.

Audio Playback Device Missing [​IMG]

Thanks for any help.

RazOcean, May 1, 2020
  4. Audio Playback Device Missing

Headphones device missing from "Playback Devices" and Device Manager after Realtek driver install

I have an an odd situation. All my audio devices show up correctly in my device list when I'm using the Windows default High Definition Audio device Drivers. However once I install the Realtek drivers, my headphone device disappears. It's not hidden, lurking
    or otherwise - just gone. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps from various posts including this one here

Headphones missing on playback devices
    ,, but no joy. Additionally (and not surprisingly) the headphones and speaker are no longer separate. Plugging in the headphones stops the sound playback on the speaker. The reason for needing the Realtek drivers is
    to support the ASUS Sonic Studio 3 application.

As soon as I uninstall the Realtek drivers, all is back to normal.

Any ideas? Am i missing something?

Using Win 10 on an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING MB

MaxxHammer, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Audio Playback Device Missing

1. Audio Playback Device Missing - Similar Threads - Audio Playback Device

2. Missing playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing playback device: I updated my gpu driver after that my monitor speak is gone. I am using amd gpu. [ATTACH] ACER VG240Y is missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-playback-device/e4ea3c92-b0fa-4b02-9e85-cbd8f705316e
  3. Audio Playback Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Playback Devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  4. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  5. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  6. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  7. playback devices missing

playback devices missing: i was just playing the walking dead vr when everything crashed and all my speaker options just kinda vanished, i restarted my pc 4 times with no luck, cant update them since they dont appear in device manager, unplugged everything and nothing changed, what do i do? also image...
  8. Glitch with audio playback device

Glitch with audio playback device: Whenever I plug my headphones into my computer, it will begin to rapidly reassign my audio playback device among all available options. (For example: It would switch between "High Definition Audio Device" and "NVIDIA High Definition Audio Device). I have since attempted to...
  9. Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices

Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices: Hello everyone, Laptop Samsung NP300V5A. Sound stops working about a month after Win 10 upgrade. No changes done at the time. Audio devices show up under Device Manager, but not under Playback/Recording Devices. Same for Realtek Sound Manager - it doesn't see the...
  10. No HDMI audio playback device

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No HDMI audio playback device: Hello, I'm trying to understand how to enable HDMI audio on my Win10 Asus notebook (before buying a A/V receiver 5.1 *Wink). I think I should have a "Digital Audio (HDMI)" option, or something similar, in my Playback Devices inside Windows Audio control panel, but I...