Windows 10: Audio Playback Devices

Discus and support Audio Playback Devices in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AMushyGrape, May 1, 2020.

1. Audio Playback Devices

Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and then another device that was just their headset name. I dont have this second option for playback. Im using earbuds to the 3.5mm audio jack, so would there be any way to create a second playback device that I could send audio to? Also, why dont I have a second device like everybody else?

submitted by /u/AMushyGrape
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AMushyGrape, May 1, 2020
  2. Jessen P Win User

Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, May 1, 2020
  3. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, May 1, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Audio Playback Devices

Switching between bluetooth audio devices.

Thank you for the information.

Try doing the following steps below to switch between your audio devices:

For Windows 10, 1607 version:

• Click on the sound icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select playback device.
    • Select the audio device you want to use from the menu.

For previous versions of Windows:

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select Playback devices to select your preferred/default speaker.
    • Click on Playback tab to see the list of the devices.
    • Right-click on the preferred device then select Enable.
    • To make the device as your default audio, right-click on the chosen device then select
      Set as Default Device.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Audio Playback Devices

1. Audio Playback Devices - Similar Threads - Audio Playback Devices

2. No audio devices are installed in playback tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio devices are installed in playback tab: All the drivers are updated still there is red cross on speaker iconI am unable make changes in playback tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-devices-are-installed-in-playback-tab/0f84d9b9-3f71-4547-b646-7ece57f87228
  3. Audio playback devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio playback devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  4. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  5. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  6. Audio Playback Device Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Playback Device Missing: So today when I got onto my computer I noticed I had audio. I did the normal thing I usually do and check to see if I'm on the right playback device. But it wasn't there. Now I'm stuck, I've tried everything people have said to do like uninstalling/reinstall drivers, restart...
  7. Glitch with audio playback device

Glitch with audio playback device: Whenever I plug my headphones into my computer, it will begin to rapidly reassign my audio playback device among all available options. (For example: It would switch between "High Definition Audio Device" and "NVIDIA High Definition Audio Device). I have since attempted to...
  8. No audio and no device pops up in playback devices

No audio and no device pops up in playback devices: Hi, So I'm on a windows ten PC and I was recently using Skullcandy headphones which broke so while I wait for my new ones to get here I was going to use regular earbuds, But when I plugged them in it gave me the popup saying you plugged something into the audio jack but no...
  9. Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices

Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices: Hello everyone, Laptop Samsung NP300V5A. Sound stops working about a month after Win 10 upgrade. No changes done at the time. Audio devices show up under Device Manager, but not under Playback/Recording Devices. Same for Realtek Sound Manager - it doesn't see the...
  10. No HDMI audio playback device

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No HDMI audio playback device: Hello, I'm trying to understand how to enable HDMI audio on my Win10 Asus notebook (before buying a A/V receiver 5.1 *Wink). I think I should have a "Digital Audio (HDMI)" option, or something similar, in my Playback Devices inside Windows Audio control panel, but I...