Windows 10: Audio playback from microphone to headset - I want to hear myself speak

Discus and support Audio playback from microphone to headset - I want to hear myself speak in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Looking for assistance this. I cannot hear myself on my headphones when I speak into my headset. The microphone is a USB device and the headset is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesLawson9, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Audio playback from microphone to headset - I want to hear myself speak

Looking for assistance this.

I cannot hear myself on my headphones when I speak into my headset. The microphone is a USB device and the headset is plugged into the computer through the 3.5mm jack. Both devices are high quality, and otherwise function normally. However, I am now working from home and doing a lot of VTC sessions. When I cannot hear myself speak I feel like no one else can either and it throws me off. I fly as a hobby so I am used to being able to hear myself on the radio when speaking.

I have tried several methods suggested by Windows help, but so far no success.

Thanks,

James

:)

JamesLawson9, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Having to unplug microphone to hear playback.

Hi Mark,

There are several audio inputs on your PC depending on your motherboard. It is possible that you are plugging your
    microphone in the jack which supports audio in and audio out (same as phone jacks) and is set as your playback device. When this happens, you will not hear the audio out because the audio signal is sent into the microphone. Simply unplug your
    microphone and move it to the microphone jack and you will be able to hear the playback sound.

Audio playback from microphone to headset - I want to hear myself speak [​IMG]

If you are sure that your microphone is connected to the microphone jack, it is possible that your playback device is being disabled by your microphone. To enable/change your playback device, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Volume icon on the lower-left corner of your screen.
    • Click Playback devices, right-click your speaker (or any preferred playback device), and click Enable.

Note: If you cannot see your preferred playback device, right-click on your current playback device and click
      Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Audio playback from microphone to headset - I want to hear myself speak

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Audio playback from microphone to headset - I want to hear myself speak [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Audio playback from microphone to headset - I want to hear myself speak

1. Audio playback from microphone to headset - I want to hear myself speak - Similar Threads - Audio playback microphone

2. Can’t hear audio or voice from my headset microphone on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t hear audio or voice from my headset microphone on my pc: Yesterday i couldn’t hear myself through my headphone microphone so i let the support person go on my pc and try to fix it. All they did was update the drivers multiple times and then they deleted the drivers for my audio so now i can’t hear my microphone or any audio from my...
  3. Can’t hear audio or voice from my headset microphone on my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can’t hear audio or voice from my headset microphone on my pc: Yesterday i couldn’t hear myself through my headphone microphone so i let the support person go on my pc and try to fix it. All they did was update the drivers multiple times and then they deleted the drivers for my audio so now i can’t hear my microphone or any audio from my...
  4. I can hear myself through my headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can hear myself through my headset: Hey, I got a new headset recently Steelseries Arctis 5 and I tried to use it on my PC just now but I can hear myself whenever my mic is plugged in, I have listen to this device off and I can't find anyway to fix the problem...
  5. I can hear myself through my headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can hear myself through my headset: Hey, I got a new headset recently Steelseries Arctis 5 and I tried to use it on my PC just now but I can hear myself whenever my mic is plugged in, I have listen to this device off and I can't find anyway to fix the problem...
  6. I can hear myself through my headset

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Audio playback through headset microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio playback through headset microphone: Hi there, so to elaborate a little if any sound comes from an app my headset will show that it is transmitting sound through the "headphones" function designed for speakers. but somehow, this sound is also being played through my microphone somehow. Uninstalling the driver...
  8. Cant hear myself with external microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant hear myself with external microphone: I have a blue yeti nano microphone that i plug my headphones into. I like being able to hear myself speak, so I keep my input sound at around 30%. All of a sudden I cannot hear myself. Other people can still hear me, but I dont know what to do. I've restarted my pc, reset the...
  9. I hear myself on my headset

I hear myself on my headset: This is super annoying i deleted my sound card and my headphones from device manager and i still hear myself. "Listen to this device" is also off. Please help the only thing i can hear is myself and its driving me crazy....
  10. I hear myself through my headset.

I hear myself through my headset.: Hello, i've had a problem before that i hear myself through my headset. Its not an echo its just live & without delay. Its like talking into a microhphone with speakers around you. I couldn't find a fix 1 year ago so i rolled back to an old windows because no1 was able to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 i can hear myself in my headphones

2. hear myself

3. why do i hear myself talking on headset pc