Windows 10: Audio playback seems to be cutting in half once it starts

Discus and support Audio playback seems to be cutting in half once it starts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My audio when I turn my computer on is set to 100 percent and when I do the test tone it appears to be working fine and I can tell that it is at full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MicahBrandt, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Audio playback seems to be cutting in half once it starts

My audio when I turn my computer on is set to 100 percent and when I do the test tone it appears to be working fine and I can tell that it is at full volume because it is louder than I would normally want it. But after a few moments, or when I start playing a video or listening to music what displays as 100% volume only sounds like 30%, and if I go down to a level of actually 30 I can hardly hear anything at all. When I go back to 100 it can vary. Sometimes it goes back to what it ought to sound like for a split second and then cuts out, seeming to reduce in half, and sometimes it just remains abnormally quiet. I have tried everything that Windows help recommended, from uninstalling and reinstalling the RealTek drivers to reverting back to the stock HD sound device. I understand this might be due to my speakers as well so I will look on the HP forums as well.

My device is an HP Pavilion 15-cw1xxx

:)

MicahBrandt, Aug 31, 2020

2. Audio playback

Hi,

There are some reasons why this issue occurs, such as outdated driver or loose cable connection. For help fixing your concern, we recommend running audio troubleshooter. This troubleshooter can automatically identify and fix some issues with audio.

Steps on how to run audio troubleshooter:

• First, click the Start, type Troubleshoot.
    • Then, select Troubleshoot from the list of results.
    • Select Playing Audio.
    • Lastly, Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, we suggest to check this
    link
    on how to Fix sound problems.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Marvelos Reg, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 start tiles are cut in half!

Hi Kraig,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Does this issue occur with any particular tile or all tiles?

I suggest you to Unpin and then again do pin to start.

I also suggest you to run system file checker scan and check the issue.

Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • At the Command Prompt, type:
      sfc/scannow

Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Audio playback seems to be cutting in half once it starts

Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Audio playback seems to be cutting in half once it starts

1. Audio playback seems to be cutting in half once it starts - Similar Threads - Audio playback seems

2. Text cut in half

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text cut in half: The text under the menu items are cut in half. What do I need to do? I've tried to change the scale but that didn't work. You can see under 3D Builder, 7Zip etc the tops of letters. Not a big deal but kind of annoying for sure.Thanks...
  3. Text cut in half

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text cut in half: The text under the menu items are cut in half. What do I need to do? I've tried to change the scale but that didn't work. You can see under 3D Builder, 7Zip etc the tops of letters. Not a big deal but kind of annoying for sure.Thanks...
  4. Status bar cut in half

in Windows 10 Customization
    Status bar cut in half: I am on a Win10 64bit machine. I am using Access 2019. The status bar is cut in half only in MS Access. Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook are fine. I have adjusted the font size and screen resolution and restarted the applications but that does not resolve the problem. I have...
  5. Audio playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio playback: I have external speakers connected to the mic analog port and all tests work properly. Sound stopped working when connected to a newscast or movie streamed from the web. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-playback/c92e5260-3c25-4e9f-9b6d-474d4bd6b6ac
  6. My screen is cut is half ?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My screen is cut is half ?!: Microsoft Community, I would like to know why my screen became cut in half, and how to fix it ? I would like my screen to come back to what it was before. I hope this isn't a problem with my hardware. Regards, sta...
  7. Internet throughput cut by half

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet throughput cut by half: Hi all, I hope all is well with you and your families! As of a couple of months ago my pc, windows 7 ultimate began experiencing issues with the internet connection. First, I noticed that my bandwidth, which is usually somewhere in the 600+ Mbps was at about 300 Mbps. So I...
  8. my screen is cut in half

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my screen is cut in half: how to switch to full screen ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-cut-in-half/75fd8cb8-5756-49ea-ac5c-2084e007f60e
  9. Audio Driver Seems To Cause Video Playback Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver Seems To Cause Video Playback Problems: hey, since today i started having issues with videos not playing correctly. VLC: whenever i start a video, there is a delay for a few seconds where i only see the first frame of the video, after that audio crackles, then it plays normally. twitch.tv via firefox:...
  10. Ram Mhz Cut In Half

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ram Mhz Cut In Half: I have a 16Gb dual channel kit with 2133mhz of speed My computer reads that i have all 16gb but I cant run 2133mhz without overclocking and im not going to be doing that anytime soon. Here is the issue when i go into my bios settings to adjust the Mhz I put it to 1600Mhz when...