Windows 10: Audio playback stuttering after most recent (late October 2018) Windows 10 update

Discus and support Audio playback stuttering after most recent (late October 2018) Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After this most recent (late October 2018) Windows 10 update, my PC's audio playback stutters constantly, on all playing media (e.g. personal music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NicholasThrun, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Audio playback stuttering after most recent (late October 2018) Windows 10 update

After this most recent (late October 2018) Windows 10 update, my PC's audio playback stutters constantly, on all playing media (e.g. personal music library, Youtube, Netflix, Bandcamp). I have tried downloading updates to Realtek and restarting my computer with no success, and I have tried getting rid of software I don't use like the Ethernet family plan. This is not the first time I have experienced significant audio playback issues after a Windows 10 update (about 2 years ago). The last time it only went away following the next update. Any ideas?

:)

NicholasThrun, Oct 28, 2018

2. Stuttering audio playback with Bose QC35 bluetooth headphones

Ive purchased the Bose QC 35 bluetooth headphones. They have been paired with my Windows 10 desktop. Audio plays with constant stuttering. I have updated Windows, audio drivers, and the headphones themselves.

I have chosen the headphone profile (not headset profile) for audio playback.

I have tried disabling all enhancements.

I have unchecked allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.

I have turned off hands-free telephony.

When paired with my iphone the audio is fine. I tried my wife's Beats headphones and they stutter on Win 10 too, but on iPhone/iPad there's no stutter.

Its obviously a Win 10 issue as i see other people have had the same issue, but there doesn't seem to be a fix.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

johannblandford, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Swoz-77 Win User
    Audio, Mouse & Screen Stutter Since Windows October Update

Hello, i've had this ongoing problem with my computer for over 8 months now and everywhere i've taken it, they have told me "They can't find any issues".

Last year my computer worked perfectly fine and when Windows decided to install a new update in October, that's where everything went wrong. Nothing seemed to go wrong with the installation of the update but ever since then, all my computer does is stutter
    and it basically makes my computer unusable.

Everything operated fine before this update but ever since that update in October, the following things just stutter:

- Audio: Whether i'm listening to something, watching a video or playing a game, the audio will play fine for about 20 seconds, then it'll have this micro stutter and even though it's small, it's painfully noticeable. This will occur for the duration of whatever
    i'm watching/listening.

- Mouse: As the audio stutters, so does my mouse. When the audio stutters, the mouse will as well where it wont move smoothly, i'll move it from left to right and like the audio, it'll work briefly but then it'll skip to where i end up on. Just moving my mouse
    in circles and i can see it move smoothly for a second then it'll skip.

- Screen: Finally, as both the audio and mouse stutter, the screen will as well. All three will stutter at the same time and it's infuriating, i'll be watching a video and not only will the audio stutter, but the video will as well, i go to click on something
    and the mouse will skip past where i was taking it. Whether i'm doing things online or offline, this problem will occur. I play a game and the audio will stutter but the screen too, like the mouse, it'll move smoothly for a second but then you'll see the stutter
    and when doing this for about a minute, you see how bad it really is. Even when i'm just sitting in the desktop, nothing open and i just move the mouse, it'll stutter. I usually drag an icon around to see it better and it'll just stutter every 3 seconds.

When this first occurred, i reverted back to a previous version of Windows and my computer worked perfectly fine again, but not long after it decided to install the same update again and my computer was screwed again. I figured if it worked once, it could work
    twice so i tried to revert back and this time the revert decided to crash rendering my computer broken and requiring a fresh version of Windows installed. With that, i'm no longer able to revert back, meaning i can't get rid of this annoying stuttering issue.

The only way i can (somewhat) fix this issue is i go to update history and uninstall the latest security update. When i do this and restart my computer, on a good day it'll work fine for the entire time i'm using it, but then other days it'll work fine for
    20 minutes and during a random video it'll stutter again and it wont stop. Now it's to the point where i can't even do this to try and fix it as it just stutters straight away after restarting. This problem is incredibly frustrating as my computer is unusable
    due to this stutter, i can't listen to anything, i can't watch anything and i can't play anything because this stutter ruins it.

I spent almost $2000 to make this computer and to have it basically broken by one Windows update is quite pathetic. It worked fine from when i got it in January all the way up to September, even the updates then didn't do anything. But this one update in October
    has done something and it hasn't worked right since.

This is what i have in it:

- Intel Core 15 7500

- Gigabyte B250M-HD3 Motherboard

- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB

- Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2A2400C16 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Black

- Corsair Hydro Series H60 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler

- Corsiar CS450M Modular 80 Plus Gold Power Supply

- Western Digital WD Black 2TB WD2003FZEX

- Western Digital Green PC SSD 120GB

- LG GH24NSD1 24x SATA DVD-RW Drive OEM

- ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCle Adapter

- Windows 10 - 64bit

Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Swoz-77, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Audio playback stuttering after most recent (late October 2018) Windows 10 update

Start developing on Windows 10 October 2018 Update today

Source: Start developing on Windows 10 October 2018 Update today - Windows Developer Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Audio playback stuttering after most recent (late October 2018) Windows 10 update

1. Audio playback stuttering after most recent (late October 2018) Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Audio playback stuttering

2. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  3. windows 10 october 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october 2018 update: to the mother **** of Windows. I have two computer down because your stupid update and no solution out available when google it or coming to negligent support **** page. since november I am without computers thanks to the mother **** and the Smart idiots of Microsoft. you...
  4. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Windows 10 October 2018 Update was installed - cannot now open "settings" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2018-update/f6308891-f012-4f0d-a3d8-a3e5009feda3
  5. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Windows 10 October 2018 Update: I have really bad network, so I cant install directly. can I download Windows 10 October 2018 Update ISO and install that via USB or DVD ? how to do that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2018-update/f81609b8-ec1a-4328-b407-d998d0c8ddc4
  6. Missing selection of playback and recording devices after October 2018 update in speaker...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing selection of playback and recording devices after October 2018 update in speaker...: After the October update, the ability to easily select and change parameters of audio devices has been removed down several layers and mouse clicks. This is not friendly and the ability to right click the speaker icon and go directly to playback or recording devices should be...
  7. Windows 10 October 2018 update.

Windows 10 October 2018 update.: I am eagerly waiting for the new windows update, I checked windows update and also clicked on "check for updates" button, but there were no new updates, a news had came that Microsoft released that update on 9th October, but its already 19, Is my device ineligible? How do I...
  8. windows 10 october update 2018

windows 10 october update 2018: hi joydeep sir what bug fixes included in this update for windows 10 october 1809 and aslo what features included. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-update-2018/9b39add1-fba9-40d1-8693-31aaf4cc4c1b
  9. windows 10 october update 2018

windows 10 october update 2018: hi joydeep sir what bug fixes included in this update for windows 10 october 1809 and aslo what features included. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-october-update-2018/9b39add1-fba9-40d1-8693-31aaf4cc4c1b
  10. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Windows 10 October 2018 Update: When is the official windows 10 October 2018 update releases? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-october-2018-update/a368da87-fe7e-4b27-b64e-9bb849262b09

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 audio playback stuttering

2. xm3 stutters during playback windows 10

3. video playback stuttering after windows 10 update

4. audio stutters during all media playback 2018,
  5. sounf cuts after windows october update