Windows 10: Audio playback through headset microphone

Discus and support Audio playback through headset microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, so to elaborate a little if any sound comes from an app my headset will show that it is transmitting sound through the "headphones" function... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chaseAlvarez, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Audio playback through headset microphone

Hi there, so to elaborate a little if any sound comes from an app my headset will show that it is transmitting sound through the "headphones" function designed for speakers. but somehow, this sound is also being played through my microphone somehow. Uninstalling the driver for the Astro a50 game and reinstalling that driver fixes it until I have restarted my computer. When it starts back up with the same issue i have tried a good bit and its only a driver issue so it seems. Any help would be appreciated

:)

chaseAlvarez, Jul 18, 2021

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Audio playback through headset microphone [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Audio playback through headset microphone

Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Audio playback through headset microphone

1. Audio playback through headset microphone - Similar Threads - Audio playback through

2. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  3. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  4. Headset audio and microphone issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset audio and microphone issues: So I bought a CyberPower PC model GXi3200BSTV2 and I my wired turtle beach headset model recon 70 will not allow me to speak. I've tried every aux jack that would work and made sure that there were no problems with my headset but I still cannot get my microphone to work. Some...
  5. Computer audio bleeding through headset microphone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer audio bleeding through headset microphone?: I bought the PC38X headset a week ago. For some reason when I'm on discord, my friends can hear everything on my computer. I've been to at least 10 different forums and I can't find the solution for this problem. I've seen it has something to do with sound settings but I...
  6. Audio only plays through headset when connected through microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio only plays through headset when connected through microphone.: I recently got a USB microphone, which seems to work really well. It has an audio jack that allows me to hear what it's picking up, and my computer's audio through the microphone. However, since using it the first time, my computer's had trouble outputting audio. There have...
  7. Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.

Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.: I have a headset that works fine on another device, but for some reason on my desktop, no matter what port I use, all the audio from the desktop gets played through the microphone and the microphone is really quiet and muffled. The only way you can hear anything from the...
  8. Audio playback from microphone to headset - I want to hear myself speak

Audio playback from microphone to headset - I want to hear myself speak: Looking for assistance this. I cannot hear myself on my headphones when I speak into my headset. The microphone is a USB device and the headset is plugged into the computer through the 3.5mm jack. Both devices are high quality, and otherwise function normally. However, I...
  9. Headset microphone audio not detected

Headset microphone audio not detected: I recently bought new headphones and received my audio splitter adapter (1 jack > 2 jacks) but my computer still doesn't detect anything from my microphone. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and updating my drivers, but it doesn't work. The microphone shows up in the devices...
  10. Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows: How to: Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows How to Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows If you like, you can listen to your microphone through a selected playback device such as your computer speakers or headphone. You can...