Windows 10: Audio playback

Discus and support Audio playback in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi.... The problem I have is that audio is not playing. The problem first occurred I noticed it on 3rd October 2020 I have tried Test audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GavDevereux, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Audio playback

Hi....

The problem I have is that audio is not playing. The problem first occurred I noticed it on 3rd October 2020

I have tried

1. Test audio produces error "failed to play test tone"
    2. Troubleshooting reports "Audio services not responding"
    3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Realteck drivers
    4. I have restored to an earlier date before windows update on 3rd October
      1. This worked but windows auto updated my system on Oct 6th and the problem is back

I have an Acre Aspire A317 - 51G running Win 10 Home 64 bit

Any ideas?

Cheers

Gav

:)

GavDevereux, Oct 6, 2020

2. Audio playback

Hi,

There are some reasons why this issue occurs, such as outdated driver or loose cable connection. For help fixing your concern, we recommend running audio troubleshooter. This troubleshooter can automatically identify and fix some issues with audio.

Steps on how to run audio troubleshooter:

• First, click the Start, type Troubleshoot.
    • Then, select Troubleshoot from the list of results.
    • Select Playing Audio.
    • Lastly, Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, we suggest to check this
    link
    on how to Fix sound problems.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Marvelos Reg, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Glitches in Windows 10 audio playback

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshoot” without quotes in search and click on
      Troubleshooting in the results displayed on the left side of the screen.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click Audio playback and follow the on-screen instructions.

After running the troubleshooter, try to install the audio drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps:

1) Press Windows + X and select
    Device manager.

2) Select Audio input and output.

3) Right click on driver and select update driver software.

4) Next follow the instructions to install it.

If the issue still persists, the rollback the driver and check the issue.

To rollback:

• Right click on driver.

• Select Properties and click on
      Driver tab.

• Now select Rollback driver.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the updated status of the issue. We'll be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 6, 2020
  4. JOSHSKORN Win User

Audio playback

How can I record playback audio and mic?

I've actually managed to my problem, just by Googling...after finally figuring out what to Google.

Problem: Using Audicity, I wanted to record audio of myself singing karaoke. Sound inputs

• YouTube video playing from Google Chrome
    • G933 Logitech Headset (or any USB mic for that matter)

Two applications required for this. Download these two apps. When installing, make sure you Run As Administrator for each. Install each app, then reboot your PC.

In Windows 10

1. Go to Control Panel>Sounds>Playback and Set CABLE Input as your Default Playback device. Verify that you now have these three additional Playback Devices:

• CABLE Output
    • VoiceMeeter Aux Output
    • VoiceMeeter Output

1. Go to the Recording tab and Set CABLE Output as your Default Recording device. Verify that you now have these three additional Recording Devices:

• CABLE Output
    • VoiceMeeter Aux Output
    • VoiceMeeter Output

In Audacity (Preferences>Settings>Devices):

• Host: MME
    • Playback Device: VoiceMeeter Input (VB-Audio Voi
    • Recording Device: VoiceMeeter Output (VB-Audio Vo
    • Channels: 2 (Stereo)

Open Voice Meeter Banana (use the Search box next to the Start button) and change these settings:

• HARDWARE INPUT 1: MME: CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual
    • HARDWARE INPUT 2: MME: Set it to your desired microphone. I used Microphone Logitech G933 Gaming). For this hardware input, select A1 to deselect it. Otherwise, you will hear your voice playing through your Speakers/Headset.
    • HARDWARE OUT: Click A1 and select MME: <your output device>. In my case, MME: Speakers (Logitech G933 Gaming)

To test: Go to Youtube, find a video to play. Go to Audacity. Click Record, then go back to your YouTube video and click play. You should see the sound meter go up and down, in accordance to the track you're playing. Additionally if you speak, you will see your mic's meter rise and fall, as well. Stop the recording when finished. Note that to hear the newly recorded track's audio, you may have to change your Playback sound to your desired device. It i also important to note to reset your Playback device once exiting VoiceMeeter Banana, to your desired audio output device. This can be done by selecting the sound button on your System Tray.

JOSHSKORN, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Audio playback

1. Audio playback - Similar Threads - Audio playback

2. Issues with Audio and Video Playback when Connecting to Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Audio and Video Playback when Connecting to Bluetooth: I have issues with video playback when I connect my computer to a bluetooth audio output device. This happens in all browsers and across all applications. The following happens when:Audio or video playback is currently ongoing, but no bluetooth device is connectedWith audio...
  3. Issues with Audio and Video Playback when Connecting to Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Audio and Video Playback when Connecting to Bluetooth: I have issues with video playback when I connect my computer to a bluetooth audio output device. This happens in all browsers and across all applications. The following happens when:Audio or video playback is currently ongoing, but no bluetooth device is connectedWith audio...
  4. Have uninstalled audio input and playback; is a Win. 10 Re-set the only practical remedy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have uninstalled audio input and playback; is a Win. 10 Re-set the only practical remedy?: In Settings/Sound there are no output or input devices found so I don't know whether my unsuccessful attempts to find a Driver for whatever Realtek thingo is under Sound ...controllers in device mgr. is relevant. Have spent hours on troubleshooting/updating drivers /asking...
  5. Have uninstalled audio input and playback; is a Win. 10 Re-set the only practical remedy?

Have uninstalled audio input and playback; is a Win. 10 Re-set the only practical remedy?: In Settings/Sound there are no output or input devices found so I don't know whether my unsuccessful attempts to find a Driver for whatever Realtek thingo is under Sound ...controllers in device mgr. is relevant. Have spent hours on troubleshooting/updating drivers /asking...
  6. Have uninstalled audio input and playback; is a Win. 10 Re-set the only practical remedy?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. A Choice Between Awful Audio Playback or Being Able to Use the Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Choice Between Awful Audio Playback or Being Able to Use the Microphone: I'm facing an issue with a bluetooth headset Artic Steel 9x. This device is correctly paired with windows thanks to a bluetooth dongle. Both microphones and headset are recognized. When i'm playing sound with any app a web browser, an offline music player, a music streaming...
  8. A Choice Between Awful Audio Playback or Being Able to Use the Microphone

A Choice Between Awful Audio Playback or Being Able to Use the Microphone: I'm facing an issue with a bluetooth headset Artic Steel 9x. This device is correctly paired with windows thanks to a bluetooth dongle. Both microphones and headset are recognized. When i'm playing sound with any app a web browser, an offline music player, a music streaming...
  9. Video and Audio playback issues with Windows 11 and HD AUDIO DRIVER FOR DISPLAY AUDIO using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video and Audio playback issues with Windows 11 and HD AUDIO DRIVER FOR DISPLAY AUDIO using...: Hi,OS: Windows 11 Pro 64 bit 22H2 Build 22621.2428Motherboard : Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MAG B560 TOMAHAWK WIFI MS-7D15 U3E1Processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM: 64 GBDisplay: Hisense 50-inch ULED U6HF SeriesSoundbar: Yamaha...
  10. Video and Audio playback issues with Windows 11 and HD AUDIO DRIVER FOR DISPLAY AUDIO using...

Video and Audio playback issues with Windows 11 and HD AUDIO DRIVER FOR DISPLAY AUDIO using...: Hi,OS: Windows 11 Pro 64 bit 22H2 Build 22621.2428Motherboard : Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MAG B560 TOMAHAWK WIFI MS-7D15 U3E1Processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM: 64 GBDisplay: Hisense 50-inch ULED U6HF SeriesSoundbar: Yamaha...