Windows 10: Audio Player Wont Work In Chrome or Edge, but...

Discus and support Audio Player Wont Work In Chrome or Edge, but... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi to whoever is reading this, Ever since a windows 10 update about 6 or 7 months ago, I have not been able to play any sort of video in my chrome and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alverex, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Audio Player Wont Work In Chrome or Edge, but...

Hi to whoever is reading this,

Ever since a windows 10 update about 6 or 7 months ago, I have not been able to play any sort of video in my chrome and edge web browser. Whenever I try playing a video, "audio renderer error, please restart your computer" comes up. What's weird is, using internet explorer, version 11.657.18362.0, audio players work completely fine. This lead me to calling windows support, having to reinstall windows and create a new admin account on my pc, and went as far as me wiping all of my chrome data and passwords from my computer. Still, nothing fixed the issue. Unfortunately, internet explorer is going to stop being supported, and I have a deadline before I can watch videos on my computer again haha.

I figured something out though, right after restarting my computer, if i'm quick enough, I can open chrome or edge and everything works fine, this leads me to believe that there is some sort of malware, but both windows defender and malwarebytes say im clean

I've reinstalled my audio drivers, and uninstalled them so many times.

I need help, please, if anyone has any advice I would appreciate anything so much

submitted by /u/Alverex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alverex, Feb 16, 2020
  2. M Fischer Win User

Why does Flash Player only work in Google Chrome but not Explorer or Edge?

I have the same issue, not just with video but also audio.

The problem seems to be with users who are also running Chrome. I tried to disable Adobe Flash Player in Chrome to see if that would allow the Edge Flash Player to work. They clearly aren't the same version.

Also, if the flash player is running in Edge and you try to run the flash player in Chrome, then Chrome doesn't work either until the flash player in Edge is closed.

I also tried updating Chrome to see if that might bring the versions closer together. I wish there were a repair/reinstall for Edge, as that would likely resolve the problem.

I think we may have to uninstall other browsers with Flash Player embedded (which Chrome does). But, if there's no way to repair the Edge browser install, I'm not sure it would help. And then, I wouldn't have any browser that can play video and audio files.

In addition, I have a similar problem with certain formats of video file in the Microsoft Movie Maker application. I wonder if that has flash player embedded too.

Problem I have had include: sound not working, video stop/start, audio making horrible noises and stopping/starting. The video usually plays, just not properly.

I have tried all of the above, plus:

- updating audio and video drivers

- rolling back audio and video drivers to versions from HP

- changing to generic drivers

- altering flash player resolution to lower

- turning on/off flash player options

- disabling and reenabling flash player in Edge

- disabling flash player in Chrome

- updating Chrome to latest version

- Microsoft audio troubleshooter

- Microsoft video troubleshooter

None of these had any effect on the problem.

M Fischer, Feb 16, 2020
  3. ladyovr60 Win User
    no audio in google chrome

I know this is an old thread, but I'm have the same issues with Google Chrome. I have done everything this thread suggests but I still have no audio in Chrome. Edge works fine. Any other suggestions?

ladyovr60, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Audio Player Wont Work In Chrome or Edge, but...

Microsoft Edge audio issue with a website (and perhaps others?)

Thanks for the suggestion Melowin. I followed the steps but unfortunately this did not resolve the audio issue for the website Learn English Pronunciation | How To Pronounce Words. Still no audio.

In contrast the website HowToPronounce.com: Click, Hear & Learn Pronunciation I mentioned in my original posting was not impacted by this change either.

Kevin Kramer, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Audio Player Wont Work In Chrome or Edge, but...

1. Audio Player Wont Work In Chrome or Edge, but... - Similar Threads - Audio Player Wont

2. Only chrome and edge work on this network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only chrome and edge work on this network: I'm connected to my campus network, my friends says that there's no problem connecting to the internet on any apps. I tried it on my phone, it's working fine, but on my laptop Asus TUF Gaming F15, Windows 11 it can only connect on chrome and chrome beta, and edge. When I...
  3. Only chrome and edge work on this network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only chrome and edge work on this network: I'm connected to my campus network, my friends says that there's no problem connecting to the internet on any apps. I tried it on my phone, it's working fine, but on my laptop Asus TUF Gaming F15, Windows 11 it can only connect on chrome and chrome beta, and edge. When I...
  4. Edge wont work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge wont work properly: Edge cannot work with multiple tabs in Windows 11. I dont have issue before when this PC is running Windows 10. I have clear cache and cookies multiple times with nothing. When I open tabs it starts not responding and closes immediately. I have other browser which does not...
  5. Edge wont work properly

Edge wont work properly: Edge cannot work with multiple tabs in Windows 11. I dont have issue before when this PC is running Windows 10. I have clear cache and cookies multiple times with nothing. When I open tabs it starts not responding and closes immediately. I have other browser which does not...
  6. audio not working in chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio not working in chrome: I updated my Windows 11 to 22H2 latest build and I got a problem with my chrome. I dont have any sounds in any websites. I tried and check if it is happening on other browser but it is not. I reset chrome even uninstall and re install the app but still happening. I went to...
  7. audio not working in chrome

audio not working in chrome: I updated my Windows 11 to 22H2 latest build and I got a problem with my chrome. I dont have any sounds in any websites. I tried and check if it is happening on other browser but it is not. I reset chrome even uninstall and re install the app but still happening. I went to...
  8. Windows 10 audio not working in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 audio not working in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.: Audio play esp, on zoom, other websites, in windows 10 on Edge and Google Chrome is not working. I have run the troubleshooter and it reports no issues with audio....
  9. Google.com blocked in edge but working in chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google.com blocked in edge but working in chrome?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/asking2die [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iuzm9c/googlecom_blocked_in_edge_but_working_in_chrome/
  10. Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox: I sometimes get this sort of error in firefox and chrome Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.goodsync.com. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments ... blah blah blah blah blah But when I open the...