Windows 10: audio playing through my mic i do not use a headphone mic its a desktop mic

Discus and support audio playing through my mic i do not use a headphone mic its a desktop mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mic out of no where started to play my computer sounds. On Xbox game bar and on other apps such as discord when i go into my audio interface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aexzeed, Jun 22, 2021.

1. aexzeed Win User

audio playing through my mic i do not use a headphone mic its a desktop mic

My mic out of no where started to play my computer sounds. On Xbox game bar and on other apps such as discord when i go into my audio interface everything is fine, but when I'm on any app that uses my microphone you can barely hear me but it plays sounds from my computer if anyone has a fix this would be appreciated.

:)

aexzeed, Jun 22, 2021
  2. cemy Win User

BT headphone no mic on win10pro

hello, I've tried to use BT headphone on windows10. But when speaker works mic stops. when mic works speaker stops.
    There is two options in my sounds settings stereo and handsfree. Stereo has no mic option. Handsfree has but bad sounds quality on speaker. I want to use mic with good speaker.

What did I tried to solve
    1- Reset all BT services
    2- uncheck Handsfree on headphones preficens
    3- Set manually speaker and microphone devices
    none of it works..
    Any thoughts?
    audio playing through my mic i do not use a headphone mic its a desktop mic [​IMG]

audio playing through my mic i do not use a headphone mic its a desktop mic [​IMG]

3. jamos316 Win User
    audio/mic jack

i have a windows tablet with a dual headphones/microphone jack.
    i plug in a pair of earphones with a built in mic, the audio does come through the earphones but the mic is not used. the mic on the tablet is still being used.
    how can i get the mic on the earphones to work?

jamos316, Jun 22, 2021
  4. audio playing through my mic i do not use a headphone mic its a desktop mic

Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

audio playing through my mic i do not use a headphone mic its a desktop mic

1. audio playing through my mic i do not use a headphone mic its a desktop mic - Similar Threads - audio playing through

2. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  3. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  4. audio playing through mic?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio playing through mic?: okay so discord is picking up any audio i play. youtube, games, notification noises. they all go through and people in voice calls can hear. I've tried updating drivers, disabling stereo mix. nothing helps. this only happens when I use my headset. it doesn't happen if I just...
  5. All audio playing through mic

All audio playing through mic: All of my audio including people's voices are playing through my microphone on discord, games and when I'm just testing my mic. When I mute my microphone on my headset, the audio of whatever is on my desktop still plays through my mic. This also occurred on an old headset. My...
  6. Audio Through Mic

Audio Through Mic: When using my mic people can hear my pc audio such as music and games this occurs in all games, calls, meetings. I have seen multiple methods but none have worked even when I mute my headset my computer audio still plays through my mic. How can I fix this...
  7. audio playing through mic issue.

audio playing through mic issue.: did you ever find a resolution for this i have had the same issue withg multiple headsets but i always have the same issue, i cant find anything useful online and i cant seem to figure out how to fix it. this is my discord if its easier to respond on that thanks! will neill...
  8. Headphones audio plays through mic too

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones audio plays through mic too: For some reason there’s an echo for what I’m hearing through my headphones into my mic and it’s not a hardware problem because I tried muting through the headphones and recording still in the recording I could hear the audio my pc was playing I tried everything but I couldn’t...
  9. Desktop audio coming through on the mic?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop audio coming through on the mic?: I've had this issue for quite a while now, whenever there's audio coming from the computer and I'm using a mic talking to someone, they mention that they can hear stuff from my pc. I'm using headphones with a mic built into it. I tested that it's not just the sound from the...
  10. Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone

Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone: Hello! My issue at the moment is on my old PC, I had a B&O Play control center with my realtek HDA card, which had an option for acoustic echo cancellation. Normally this should be found in the enhancement tab, correct? The problem is, on my new PC I have Realtek HDA(SST) and...