Windows 10: Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

Discus and support Audio playing through speakers and headphones. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RandaltheRabid, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek audio speakers. How do I get it to automatically disable speakers when headphones are plugged in?

:)

RandaltheRabid, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

Audio playback through headphones and speakers

Hi Greg,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• Are you thinking play audio through speakers and headphones at the same time?
    If yes, it's not possible to do so. You can only play audio through speaker or headphones at once.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding Windows.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

1. Audio playing through speakers and headphones. - Similar Threads - Audio playing through

2. Why does audio play through my headphones but not my speakers anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does audio play through my headphones but not my speakers anymore?: A few days ago, while playing a game, my PC made a sort of grinding noise over the speakers - not any actual part of the machine grinding together and the PC turned off with no further warning.Upon powering up as normal, there was no audio playing, so I plugged in my...
  3. Apps can only play audio through external speakers and not through headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps can only play audio through external speakers and not through headphones.: I can only hear audio through the internal speakers but not headphones, All the headphones work on other devices. The headphones appear as a sound output device. If I run the troubleshooter, sound is restored to the headphones for a few minutes but then the problem recurs....
  4. Apps can only play audio through external speakers and not through headphones.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps can only play audio through external speakers and not through headphones.: I can only hear audio through the internal speakers but not headphones, All the headphones work on other devices. The headphones appear as a sound output device. If I run the troubleshooter, sound is restored to the headphones for a few minutes but then the problem recurs....
  5. Make audio play through laptop speakers while headphones plugged in but headphone and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make audio play through laptop speakers while headphones plugged in but headphone and...: So i wanted to record with my headphone mic but let the audio play through the laptop, but when I open the sound settings, they both for some reason use the same realtek HD Audio speaker, and I can't disable just the headphone audio or anything, is there a fix or a way for me...
  6. Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously: Aight so I have headphones and my laptop speaker. I had problems with my headphones where when I plugged them in while the laptop was on it didnt detect them. However I fixed that issue by uninstalling 'Realtek R Audio' which in the Sound Control Panel was the name of my...
  7. Why does my audio play through my computers speakers and not through my headphones?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my audio play through my computers speakers and not through my headphones?: 123456 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-audio-play-through-my-computers/13f854ab-7d1d-4e6f-a64c-29ce8227777b
  8. Sound playing through both speakers and headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound playing through both speakers and headphones: Thank you for your time in advance. Since the latest larger windows update about a month ago, I have been having a problem that I cannot seem to solve with the standard solutions and what I could find from googling several hours on several days. Upon starting my computer,...
  9. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...
  10. Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.

Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.: I reinstalled my audio drivers today because it wasn't working, I can hear everything now but it plays through both my headphones and speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-playing-through-both-speakers-and/39c750ca-4d00-4b36-846a-6d5ba871da62