Windows 10: audio playing through speakers and heaphones at the same time

Discus and support audio playing through speakers and heaphones at the same time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after updating to windows 10 laptop speakers keeps on playing sound while headphones are connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EvidenceMakanya, Feb 19, 2019.

1. audio playing through speakers and heaphones at the same time

after updating to windows 10 laptop speakers keeps on playing sound while headphones are connected

:)

EvidenceMakanya, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

speaker/heaphone/microphone for laptop

Hi joshuaforde,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Is the sound audible only through headphones?
    • Did you Uninstall equalizer
      APO program and check?

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Inbuilt troubleshooter.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Update and Security > click on troubleshoot > Click on
      Playing Audio on the left pane > Run the troubleshooter.
    3. This should fix the issue automatically or it will show the error message.
    If this doesn’t fix the issue, go to Method 2 and Method 3.

Method 2: Set a Default Device.

1. Press Windows
      and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and sound >
      click on Sound on the right pane.
    4. Choose Playback tab and find the PC speaker on the devices list.
    5. If you can’t find it:
      Right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    6. Select “Speaker” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the Speaker is enabled.
    7. Select the Speaker and click the button Set Default.

8. Restart the computer and check if it works.

audio playing through speakers and heaphones at the same time 6b4941c6-d7c5-4c9d-9f84-93ef243fe11c?upload=true.png

Method 3: Update Driver.

I would suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers and check if the issue still persist.

You can also update the audio drivers, you will need to look for ‘Audio Inputs and Outputs’, expand it to find the audio driver, example: ‘Realtek High Definition Audio’, please follow
    Update drivers in Windows 10.

For more information, check the Microsoft article about
    Fix sound problems in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Feb 19, 2019
  4. silkmaze Win User

audio playing through speakers and heaphones at the same time

How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away.

I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was wondering if I could setup that audio, be it music, gaming audio or movie audio could be played through BOTH sets of speakers.

The main T40's are on either side of the monitor and I have the bluetooth speaker behind me on a shelf. That would, kind-of, give me surround sound. Or when I have people over I could get better sound if I could just move the bluetooth speaker to a different part of the room.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you.

silkmaze, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

audio playing through speakers and heaphones at the same time

1. audio playing through speakers and heaphones at the same time - Similar Threads - audio playing through

2. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio playing through speakers and headphones.: My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek audio speakers. How do I get it to automatically disable speakers when headphones are plugged in? 172751
  3. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...
  4. Headphones and speakers playing at the same time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headphones and speakers playing at the same time: Yesterday i was trying to fix an issue with microphone echo on my new lenovo laptop which led to me reintalling my audio drivers after this both my speakers and headphones are playing at the same time. my headphones are not showing up in playback devices or recording devices...
  5. Unable to play Audio through Headphone jack and HDMI at the same time

Unable to play Audio through Headphone jack and HDMI at the same time: I Have found many articles and followed the steps but then i got to "Select wave out input on microphone", when i have disabled devices enabled nothing happens, i dont have Realtek either but everytime i try to get any driver it says something along the lines of "This Driver...
  6. Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time

Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time: Just downloaded the most recent Windows 10 update. But now, even when my headphones are plugged in, I get audio from both the headphone and the internal speakers. Instead of a separate "speaker" and "headphone" sections in the sounds menu, it's listed as...
  7. Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time

Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time: My audio wasn't working at first so I checked my device manager and saw that my intel high definition audio device was missing so I manually downloaded it and used intel device support to make sure it was all updated now the sound works but when I plug in my headphones the...
  8. Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.

Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.: I reinstalled my audio drivers today because it wasn't working, I can hear everything now but it plays through both my headphones and speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-playing-through-both-speakers-and/39c750ca-4d00-4b36-846a-6d5ba871da62
  9. How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers: I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away. I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was...
  10. Play Audio from Wired Speakers and Bluetooth Speakers at the same time

Play Audio from Wired Speakers and Bluetooth Speakers at the same time: Hello, I am currently working on a homemade project in my free time called Project Surround. I am trying to get a full surround sound setup in my room. I have 2 wired speakers in the front and a Bluetooth speaker in the back. The problem is I need both the wired and...