Windows 10: Audio plays at 100% no matter what volume it is at.

Discus and support Audio plays at 100% no matter what volume it is at. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have windows 10 on a LENOVO laptop, and no matter what volume it is, between 1% - 100%, it plays maximum volume sound, despite the slider not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aryantejbeezadhur, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Audio plays at 100% no matter what volume it is at.

I have windows 10 on a LENOVO laptop, and no matter what volume it is, between 1% - 100%, it plays maximum volume sound, despite the slider not necessarily being on 100%. If I set it to 0% it plays no sound.

This problem does not always happen. Each time I restart the PC the volume plays normally (i.e. 2% will be 2%), but sometimes, for apparently no reason at all, in the middle of playing audio is suddenly plays maximum volume, even though the slider isn't necessarily on 100%. This could happen when playing music from YouTube.com on a browser (no matter what browser I use I would still have the same problem), or being in a zoom video meeting, no program in particular seems to be causing this. Bitdefender Total Security has not reported any problems, neither has CCleaner free, windows defender, and sound settings troubleshoot.

Whether I play the audio on built-in speakers or external speakers/headphones makes no difference.

:)

aryantejbeezadhur, Mar 26, 2019

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Audio volume cannot be changed while Youtube Video is playing.

Model: Nokia Lumia 920

OS version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware Revision: 1232.5951.1249.1001

Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0

Radio Software Version: 1.0.202075.3

Chip SOC Version: 8960

Bug Reproduction Steps:

• Use Bing to search any video
    • IE10 goes to the Youtube
    • Play Youtube Video
    • Even the audio volume is up to the max or down to zero, you still can't feel volume changed.
    • If I long press "<-" hardware back button to go to App Switch Screen, and change the volume at App Switch Screen. Thus, the volume of the Youtube Video will be changed.

MikimotoH---01, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Audio plays at 100% no matter what volume it is at.

volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Audio plays at 100% no matter what volume it is at.

1. Audio plays at 100% no matter what volume it is at. - Similar Threads - Audio plays 100%

2. Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.: I cannot find a driver that fixes the problem. I've turned off the audio effects in sound properties and restarted the computer and still does the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.: I cannot find a driver that fixes the problem. I've turned off the audio effects in sound properties and restarted the computer and still does the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Audio on my computer plays at full volume no matter what it is set to.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My audio slider does not take effect to my volume/remains at the same volume no matter what...

My audio slider does not take effect to my volume/remains at the same volume no matter what...: My audio slider does not take effect to my volume since now. it was working all day and it stopped working just now someone please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-slider-does-not-take-effect-to-my/2e8eda23-34de-481d-8340-95b6a5b3bf24
  6. Windows 11 volume sounds like 100 no matter what volume it is at

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 volume sounds like 100 no matter what volume it is at: Hello.I noticed this issue a few days ago, and it's very annoying and I haven't been able to find a solution on the internet. No matter what volume my laptop is at, it sounds like it's at 100. It could be at 2%, it will still sound like 100. It could be at 55%, it will still...
  7. Windows 11 volume sounds like 100 no matter what volume it is at

Windows 11 volume sounds like 100 no matter what volume it is at: Hello.I noticed this issue a few days ago, and it's very annoying and I haven't been able to find a solution on the internet. No matter what volume my laptop is at, it sounds like it's at 100. It could be at 2%, it will still sound like 100. It could be at 55%, it will still...
  8. Audio plays at 100% no matter what volume it is at.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio plays at 100% no matter what volume it is at.: I saw this post from 2019 that perfectly described my issue so I'm going to copy and paste it. It is from user "aryantejbeezadhur" But, the post is from 2019 and the problem is occurring on windows 10, now it is 2022 and I have the same problem on windows 11. Here is the...
  9. Audio plays at 100% no matter what volume it is at.

Audio plays at 100% no matter what volume it is at.: I saw this post from 2019 that perfectly described my issue so I'm going to copy and paste it. It is from user "aryantejbeezadhur" But, the post is from 2019 and the problem is occurring on windows 10, now it is 2022 and I have the same problem on windows 11. Here is the...
  10. Disk always at 100% no matter what

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk always at 100% no matter what: hello all i am at my wits end! i have followed every thread on the web about how to get the disk down from 100% but no matter what i do it's always back up to it within minutes. from the moment i turn on the laptop it maxes out and doesn't decrease, to the point where it...