Windows 10: Audio plug not working AGAIN

Discus and support Audio plug not working AGAIN in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 3 -4 year old Dell laptop. EVERY time there is an update, my computer does not recognise my audio jack for my earbuds. EVERY TIME I have to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CReb68, Sep 28, 2022.

1. CReb68 Win User

Audio plug not working AGAIN

I have a 3 -4 year old Dell laptop. EVERY time there is an update, my computer does not recognise my audio jack for my earbuds. EVERY TIME I have to go through some bunch of BS to get them working. Every time, the system says it sees the jack but chooses not use them when I plug them in. I'm getting really tired of this. All the usual fixes do not work. I seem to recall turning off some active driver that works on start up or something or other, but of course I can't remember. I don't want to have to disable and then re enable my audio driver every time I unplug my ear buds from the computer a

:)

CReb68, Sep 28, 2022
  2. Jonatino Win User

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Audio plug not working AGAIN [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Sep 28, 2022
  3. DTS Audio Control and headphone plug

Hi Terry,

This issue with the DTS Audio Control can be caused by system corruption on the application itself. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you uninstall the application. Here's how:

• Type DTS in the search field at the task bar.
    • Right-click on the DTS Audio Control in the results.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Once done, proceed with installing it back.

You can also check out with HP as the manufacturer of this application for any updated drivers that can help to resolve the issue.

You may try to plug in the headphone again once the issue has been resolved. If it is the same, try a different headphone and let us know about the results.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

audio not working

Hi Josh,

Outdated drivers can prevent your computer from detecting plugged audio devices. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the built-in audio troubleshooter in Windows 10. This tool was specially designed to find and fix common audio or sound problems automatically. Here's how to do it:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the issue persists, this
    article
    has step-by-step instructions on how to update your sound drivers, set default device, turn off audio enhancements, and try different audio formats. Follow the steps carefully.

We look forward to your reply and the results of the troubleshooting.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Audio plug not working AGAIN - Similar Threads - Audio plug working

2. Audio Service stops working. Have you plug out the computer and restart for audio to work again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Service stops working. Have you plug out the computer and restart for audio to work again: I am having issues with audio services not working. Usually when i come back to work the next morning, i have to plug out my computer and restart it before the audio service comes back.I tried to restart the service without powering down but it will not let me. I also notice...
  3. Audio Service stops working. Have you plug out the computer and restart for audio to work again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Service stops working. Have you plug out the computer and restart for audio to work again: I am having issues with audio services not working. Usually when i come back to work the next morning, i have to plug out my computer and restart it before the audio service comes back.I tried to restart the service without powering down but it will not let me. I also notice...
  4. Audio Service stops working. Have you plug out the computer and restart for audio to work again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio plug not working AGAIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio plug not working AGAIN: I have a 3 -4 year old Dell laptop. EVERY time there is an update, my computer does not recognise my audio jack for my earbuds. EVERY TIME I have to go through some bunch of BS to get them working. Every time, the system says it sees the jack but chooses not use them when I...
  6. Audio plug not working AGAIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio plug not working AGAIN: I have a 3 -4 year old Dell laptop. EVERY time there is an update, my computer does not recognise my audio jack for my earbuds. EVERY TIME I have to go through some bunch of BS to get them working. Every time, the system says it sees the jack but chooses not use them when I...
  7. The headphone does not work when plugged in again

The headphone does not work when plugged in again: My headphone is working properly when the laptop is turned on. But when I re-plug my earphones. Then I can only hear sound from the laptop and now my headphone can no longer hear anything. I never got this error until I reinstalled windows with iso file....
  8. My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in.

My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in.: I noticed that my audio stopped working without my headphones just yesterday. My laptop is still less than a month old. There was an error event in my Realtek Audio device manager. Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source:...
  9. Audio randomly stops working, will work again after plugging and unplugging headphones.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly stops working, will work again after plugging and unplugging headphones.: Pretty much the title. To be clear, I will be listening to a video through my laptop's speakers, without heaphones, then out of nowhere the audio will stop. I've figured out that if I plug in my headphones and then unplug them again, the audio will temporarily come back,...
  10. Devices plugged into audio input fail to work

Devices plugged into audio input fail to work: Hi! I'm having some problems with the audio on Windows 10. The speakers work fine and appear as playback in the sound menu. However, everytime I plug in any external device in the audio input, the devices don't play any sound, instead the speakers just keep on playing....