Windows 10: Audio popping and crackling

Discus and support Audio popping and crackling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Alright so I've had about enough of this problem, so I've finally turned to reddit as my last resort. About 6 months ago, I started having audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CuRe Bubbas, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Audio popping and crackling

Alright so I've had about enough of this problem, so I've finally turned to reddit as my last resort. About 6 months ago, I started having audio crackling issues. I didn't think much of it at first since it wasn't that bad. However, now that I've had it for 6 months and it has just continued to get worse, I'm losing my mind. Oh, and did I forget to mention that I built a new PC in between those 6 months and the problem just carried over. The only things I transferred from my old PC to my new one is the graphics card and the hard drives. I would also like to say that I've factory reset my PC in an attempt to clean my hard drives and get a new installation of windows... the problem persisted.

Before anyone says that it might be my headset, speakers, cables, or audio ports, I've already looked into every single one of those and none of them seem to be the problem. I realized that it's an actual audio problem. Like I can record a clip (from obs or audio recorder) on my actual computer, of the crackling happening. It's weird, because it doesn't just crackle through my wired headset, it crackles through speakers and Bluetooth headsets.

I guess I should explain when the popping is most noticeable. It's very very noticeable whenever there is a random spike in volume. It also happens when the volume fluctuates. Lastly, it happens whenever the volume is too loud. And this is only when any kind of audio is present, it doesn't happen when there's no sound or audio playing. It's very annoying when trying to record a clip of my piano or just recording in general since it shows up in the recording.

Things I've already tried -

- Using different cables, headsets, and speakers.

- Changing the audio formats all the way from 1 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz to 2 channel, 24 bit, 192000 Hz with no changes in crackling.

- Updated all of my drivers through my manufacturers website (they're all up to date)

- Using older drivers (didn't work)

- Using the default windows audio drivers

- Using Realtek audio drivers

- Factory reset PC and installed a fresh version of windows

- Disabled all playback devices except for my headset

- Disabled every audio driver except for the one that my headset is using

- Turned off every single app and background process running to see if that would change anything

- Changed the power settings to high performance and changed minimum processing power of CPU to 100%

- I've checked DPS latency, nothing wrong with it.

- Disabled fast start up

- Updated graphics card and HD audio for graphics card.

- Disabled audio enhancements

- Disabled options "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority"

- Surround sound is disabled

- Unplugged every USB except for mouse and keyboard (just to see if it did anything)

- Disabled all screen capturing software

- Uninstalled every audio driver multiple times

I can't really think of anything else I've done, even though I'm sure I've tried a lot more.

I guess it would be helpful to say that I use a digital audio interface called Voicemeeter with VB audio cables. After examination and the removal of this interface completely, I can say that it doesn't effect my audio.

I'm not really looking for a fix in the drivers or my actual PC, considering I don't think there is one, but I'm okay with buying something like an external audio card or interface to fix it. Just recommend me things that might work and I will see if they do. (try to keep the price down as much as you can)

Specs -

Operating system - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version 1803) (Completely updated as of 4/6/19)

Processor - Intel i7-9700k

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15

:)

CuRe Bubbas, Apr 6, 2019

2. Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

USB headphones have never been kind to me. They always hiss, pop and crackle. The fact that you can hear it when no audio is being played suggests it's a power /connection issue.

Do you have any 3.5mm or RCA based headphones you can try?

newconroer, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Fai9al023 Win User
    Audio Pop/Stutter/Crackle When Stopping Audio

I've been having this issue for the past two days, and I've tried everything to no avail.
    Basically this is the issue:
    I get a pop/crackle when I suddenly stop audio.
    What I'm running:

• Schiit Uber Stack.
    • Win 10 PC.
    What I've tried:

• Tried onboard audio, still get the problem.
    • Tried onboard audio on both my PC and laptop, still get the problem.
    • Tried my stack on both PC and laptop, still get the problem.
    • Tried using a DPC latency checker, everything seems fine there.
    • Tried different headphones just in case, wasn't the issue.
    • Tried changing audio format, still get the problem.
    • +literally tried 99 other things *Tongue

That pop is happening when I suddenly stop the sound effect. I get that pop when a Windows notification shows up. My friend's voice on Discord also pops every couple of seconds (100% sure it's not his mic).
    Any help is appreciated!
    (Just to clarify, I made sure it's not a hardware issue, so something within Win 10 is screwing with me)

I WILL LITERALLY PAYPAL ANYONE WHO FINDS ME A SOLUTION $10 *chuckle

(Yup, I'm losing my mind and I'm that desperate lol)

Fai9al023, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Audio popping and crackling

Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

No idea what either of those are.

Aceman.au, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Audio popping and crackling

1. Audio popping and crackling - Similar Threads - Audio popping crackling

2. Audio popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio popping and crackling: Hello,Starting this Monday 28/02/2022, all of my audio through wireless USB headsets have started popping and crackling every few seconds. I have now ruled out 2.4ghz interference, I have completely formatted my drive and re-installed Windows 10, yet the issue still persists....
  3. Audio popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio popping and crackling: Hello,Starting this Monday 28/02/2022, all of my audio through wireless USB headsets have started popping and crackling every few seconds. I have now ruled out 2.4ghz interference, I have completely formatted my drive and re-installed Windows 10, yet the issue still persists....
  4. Audio popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Crackling and Popping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Crackling and Popping: I bought a new PC very recently and I'm experiencing crackling and popping audio when skipping videos on YouTube or sounds in windows and while playing games. I'm using Razer Kraken Tournament Edition and they are connected via USB on my motherboard. I've searched for days...
  6. Audio Crackle/Popping

Audio Crackle/Popping: Hi guys, Just read through a bunch of threads regarding the infamous Windows Audio popping issue after noticing it while changing volume in Windows. However, I started troubleshooting and I am a bit baffled by the results. I've used multiple audio outputs: Steelseries...
  7. Audio Crackling and Popping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Crackling and Popping: Right so I recorded some gameplay using the Windows Game Bar Recorder, but whenever I play it the audio is indistict due to crackles and pops. This seems to have been recorded since it happens in the same place each time. IS there a way I can fix this? I can't redo any...
  8. Audio Crackling/Popping

Audio Crackling/Popping: My audio faintly crackles and pops when I adjust my volume in Windows 10 submitted by /u/JulianTheCoolKid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g98wc9/audio_cracklingpopping/
  9. Audio popping and crackling

Audio popping and crackling: A few days ago I noticed my headphones popping and crackling, it seems to be a windows issue but I haven’t been able to find a fix, below are the tests I have done HyperX cloud 2 in 3.5 jack on motherboard - crackles Audio Technica ADG1X in 3.5 jack on motherboard - crackles...
  10. Audio popping/crackling

Audio popping/crackling: So after gone trough 3 motherboards, I still get popping/crackling sound with Win 10 pro and current Strix Z390-F motherboard. Iv tried updating every possible driver, even bought Sound Blaster AE-5 sound card, nothing seem to help. I am using latest win 10 version (win...