Windows 10: Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.

Discus and support Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all. I just built a new PC and am using Win10 for the first time, coming from Win7 on previous PC. I have a Sades SA-903 headset, and on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xblade, Dec 2, 2018.

1. xblade Win User

Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.

Hello all. I just built a new PC and am using Win10 for the first time, coming from Win7 on previous PC.

I have a Sades SA-903 headset, and on my previous PC, I would just plug it to a USB port and it would install a Generic 7.1CH Gaming Headset driver, and work just like that, no audio/mic issues whatsoever.
    Now, on this PC, I did the exact same thing, it installs the same Generic 7.1CH driver (maybe a more up to date one?) and now my audio pops, and for some reason, my mic stopped working, even though it actually was working before.
    I have confirmed that it is the headset driver itself with the issue, since my speakers are working fine with the Realtek driver. I have tried to get hold of Sades drivers, but none of them worked, and I can't try my own driver install disc since I don't have a disc drive. Is there perhaps a way to get a previous Generic 7.1CH driver somewhere and try that? Is there anything else I can possibly do to fix this?

:)

xblade, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset. [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.

1. Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset. - Similar Threads - Audio popping Microphone

2. Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.: Hello all. I just built a new PC and am using Win10 for the first time, coming from Win7 on previous PC. I have a Sades SA-903 headset, and on my previous PC, I would just plug it to a USB port and it would install a Generic 7.1CH Gaming Headset driver, and work just like...
  3. Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.

Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.: Hi, I've been experiencing this problem for a week now, and it is very frustrating. When I go to the Windows 'Sounds' tab, then "Playback". It says that my headset (Logitech G231) is plugged in and working. Then when I go to the 'Recording' tab, it says: "Not plugged in"....
  4. headset with microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset with microphone: I have a headset with microphone that I use on my xbox, but it will not work with my PC. Can anyone direct me on how I can get it to work with my PC?...
  5. Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works?: I hopped on my computer today, expecting to just start playing a game. I wanted to try out my old speakers I had, so I plugged them in the back of my computer. They didn't work, so I just plugged my headphones in, also in the back. I couldn't hear anything, though. I went to...
  6. Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device: HelloSo three days ago I wiped all of my drives and installed Windows 10. I have a Corsair Vengenace 2100 headset. I installed the realtek drivers from ASUS download section for my motherboard and then I installed the headset drivers.The problem is that my headset does not...
  7. Microphone doesn't work with Realtek audio manager

Microphone doesn't work with Realtek audio manager: When I plug my mic in to the correct pink audio jack, the realtek manager shows up and asks me what type of device im using so i click mic in and then go to recording devices to make sure that it is working when i see that it isnt, i messed with all of the settings and found...
  8. Headset microphone not working

Headset microphone not working: I have a pic that allows both a headphone and mic connection. I went through troubleshooting and everything checks fine. The computer recognizes the mic and is registering sound output, but as soon as I go to record or talk to other people, they hear nothing. It's not just...
  9. Audio Popping USB headset

Audio Popping USB headset: Ever since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I've been experiencing brief audio popping/cracking noise. Sometimes I could go an hour and not hear anything, other times I hear a pop every 30 seconds. There has to be sound playing for the popping to occur. Its brief, but...
  10. Headset Microphone not working in windows 10

Headset Microphone not working in windows 10: Hi everyone. Last month, I installed Windows 10 preview on my 2012 macbook pro via bootcamp. Today I tried to use my headset for the first time in Windows 10 (Skullcandy SLYR). Audio seems okay, but the microphone isn't detected. In "Manage Audio Devices", only thr Cirrus...