Windows 10: Audio Popping USB headset

Discus and support Audio Popping USB headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I've been experiencing brief audio popping/cracking noise. Sometimes I could go an hour and not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kerf, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Kerf Win User

Audio Popping USB headset

Ever since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I've been experiencing brief audio popping/cracking noise. Sometimes I could go an hour and not hear anything, other times I hear a pop every 30 seconds. There has to be sound playing for the popping to occur. Its brief, but can get annoying when listening to music.

I have tried many things including:
    -Updated drivers (Realtek HD Audio)(AMD GPU drivers)(Realtek Network Card)
    -Tried disabling Realtek HD Audio since it doesn't effect USB audio
    -I do not have a WiFi card so its not that
    -Its not a DPC Latency issue; No spikes from LatencyMon
    -Disabled sound enhancements from playback devices
    -Its not the headphones themselves as they work fine on other sources
    -I tried an old set of ear buds that weren't USB and they seemed to work fine so it may just be USB audio.

I do have a Dell XPS 435t/9000 that's about 4 years old with some hardware changes like PSU/GPU etc., maybe its the motherboard? (Though that's kind of a stretch). Dell says that certain computers don't support windows 10 upgrade, but I feel like that's just so they don't hold you responsible if you do upgrade, as everything else works perfectly.

Regardless, I'd appreciate any help with this issue.

:)

2. Mike_91YN Win User

Weird Audio Recognition Glitch Since Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello,

I recently took up Microsoft's offer to update my laptop to Windows 10 and was initially pleased with the results. However, I've recently gotten a bit of a hiccup with my Wireless Afterglow headset.

The headset simply won't be recognized as an audio device, and subsequently won't play any audio or pick up the microphone. I know that the headset itself is fine because when I plug it into my phone the speakers work just fine.

I did notice something weird happening under my device manager however. When I initially plug in the wireless transmitter to the headset, my computer will recognize it as an audio device and it will pop up under my audio manager and let my choose my wireless
    headset as the default device. Once I turn on the headset and it connects to the transmitter however, it switches. The device name switches from "Wireless Headset (PS)" to "Wireless Headset (XBOX)" and then my computer no longer recognizes it as the audio
    device it once was, removing it from the audio device manager entirely.

I've tried different USBs and that doesn't seem to work. I've tried troubleshooting the device and all Windows will tell me is try a different non 3.0 USB port (which I've already done).

I just want my headset to work, but this weird bug/glitch/whatever seems to be preventing that.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike_91YN, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Ear Force PX24 Turtle Beach Headset not working on my PC

My px24 is just working correctly.

the only thing that i can think of for the rest is the turtle beach audio hub that downloads drivers for the amp.

but this is what i did:

1. Made sure my amp was charged if not (step 2)

2. With the micro-usb to usb charged it and updated drivers on pc with audio hub

3. Plugged in the amp with the cable in the slots and unplugged the usb

4. Ofcourse headset in it. I turn the amp on. I can hear a pop sound from the speaker in the headset.

also make sure you headset is set as the speaker you want to use in the control pannel

5. I turned volume all the way down and bass up (i like bass)

6. Turned up some music and started increase volume and it worked for me?

DuncanSchoenmakers, Sep 11, 2015
  4. Kerf Win User

Anyone at all? I'd appreciate anything.

5. Kerf Win User
    Well about 2 weeks of looking around I can't find any solution to this issue. I've discovered though that windows media player doesn't seem to make popping noises, so I'm assuming it has something to do with video/audio. I'm going to assume the issue may be AMD drivers and just wait for an update as I have tried virtually everything else at this point.

Kerf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio Popping USB headset - Similar Threads - Audio Popping USB

2. Wireless USB Headset popping sounds only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless USB Headset popping sounds only: I have a set of Roccat Elo 7.1 Air Headphones, and they recently they stopped working on this pc only, periodically giving faint pop sounds. The headset works on other devices and even windows computers but this one doesnt seem to work anymore. Key notes:-The headset is...
  3. Wireless USB Headset popping sounds only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless USB Headset popping sounds only: I have a set of Roccat Elo 7.1 Air Headphones, and they recently they stopped working on this pc only, periodically giving faint pop sounds. The headset works on other devices and even windows computers but this one doesnt seem to work anymore. Key notes:-The headset is...
  4. Wireless USB Headset popping sounds only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My headset audio make popping/crash sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset audio make popping/crash sound: After I update the armoury crate,my headset make strange sound and my mic make weird sound. I decrease/increase the volume because it soo loud,I start to hear popping/crash sound when I spam volume bar.I check task manager and spamming volume bar at the same time,I see...
  6. Audio popping/crackling on both Headset and desktop speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio popping/crackling on both Headset and desktop speakers: I have been having an issue with audio crackling/popping across two different devices and I can't figure out what is causing it. The weird thing is the problem is able to be replicated. For example certain songs will pop at the exact same spot every time. I know nothing about...
  7. Audio popping/crackling on both Headset and desktop speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio popping/crackling on both Headset and desktop speakers: I have been having an issue with audio crackling/popping across two different devices and I can't figure out what is causing it. The weird thing is the problem is able to be replicated. For example certain songs will pop at the exact same spot every time. I know nothing about...
  8. pc audio lagging with usb headset.

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc audio lagging with usb headset.: straight to the point, i said it all in the title except for one thing. i have no other headsets so i cant test it out to see if its just the headset. also when the audio lags the video/game usually lags too non audio...
  9. Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.: Hello all. I just built a new PC and am using Win10 for the first time, coming from Win7 on previous PC. I have a Sades SA-903 headset, and on my previous PC, I would just plug it to a USB port and it would install a Generic 7.1CH Gaming Headset driver, and work just like...
  10. Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.: Hello all. I just built a new PC and am using Win10 for the first time, coming from Win7 on previous PC. I have a Sades SA-903 headset, and on my previous PC, I would just plug it to a USB port and it would install a Generic 7.1CH Gaming Headset driver, and work just like...