Windows 10: Audio Pops, Stutters, Skips Need Fix

Discus and support Audio Pops, Stutters, Skips Need Fix in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey Again, I've just realized that my computer has been making popping and skipping sounds from my headphones and I've checked the driver updates and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DouglasRC13, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Audio Pops, Stutters, Skips Need Fix

Hey Again,

I've just realized that my computer has been making popping and skipping sounds from my headphones and I've checked the driver updates and nothing has changed and used LatencyMon and it appears to be an network issue or it might be something else, if you would help me that would be great it's also noticeable when gaming

Here's some information about my computer:

Audio Pops, Stutters, Skips Need Fix 9e033a18-c0e2-4af3-8d13-6788f6ef109a?upload=true.png

Sound Tab: Audio Pops, Stutters, Skips Need Fix 53c6c392-9114-412f-85db-f716f9383623?upload=true.png

LatencyMon Logs:

Audio Pops, Stutters, Skips Need Fix a419eddb-15ea-47de-ab66-f3491e6896d6?upload=true.png

Audio Pops, Stutters, Skips Need Fix 1ae3fd0d-9651-4baa-a1ee-0d32c0870a7b?upload=true.png

Thanks!

Stay Safe!

:)

DouglasRC13, Sep 20, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

HL2 stuttering fix

Valve has released a Patch for Half-Life 2 which is supposed to fix the sound problems people were having. In most cases this is related to video memory texture trashing.

W1zzard, Sep 20, 2020
  3. BENuggets Win User
    Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Audio Pops, Stutters, Skips Need Fix

Video and audio stuttering

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you in resolving your stuttering issue with Video and Audio. I would suggest you follow the below fixes one by one to resolve the issue.

Fix #1:

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type CMD

Step 2:

Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator

Step 3:

Type msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic and press enter.

Step 4:

Restart PC and Verify

Fix #2:

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Troubleshoot

Step 2:

Click on Troubleshoot

Step 3:

Then select Video Playback and click Run the Troubleshooter

Step 4:

Restart PC

Fix #3:

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Troubleshoot

Step 2:

Click on Troubleshoot

Step 3:

Then select Audio Playback and click Run the Troubleshooter

Step 4:

Restart PC

Let me know the status after performing the above and if in case the issue still persists then will provide you with further steps to resolve this issue.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Audio Pops, Stutters, Skips Need Fix

1. Audio Pops, Stutters, Skips Need Fix - Similar Threads - Audio Pops Stutters

2. Audio stuttering tried all the fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio stuttering tried all the fixes: I have searched through this forum and tried everything here to help. I have tried searching Google. No joy.I have a 5 year old laptop that has been working fine up to this point. It is a GL 753VD ASUS ROGi7-7700 Intel 2.8 GHz processor16g of RAMNvidia Geforce GTX 1050 with...
  3. Audio stuttering tried all the fixes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio stuttering tried all the fixes: I have searched through this forum and tried everything here to help. I have tried searching Google. No joy.I have a 5 year old laptop that has been working fine up to this point. It is a GL 753VD ASUS ROGi7-7700 Intel 2.8 GHz processor16g of RAMNvidia Geforce GTX 1050 with...
  4. Audio stuttering tried all the fixes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio stuttering and pops, driver latency problems

Audio stuttering and pops, driver latency problems: Please, I am exhausted trying to fix these audio problems. Can't find a solution after many days trying to fix these latency problems. I get audio stuttering and pops when reproducing audio or videos, in spotify, watching youtube, anywhere.LatenciMon's report says...
  6. Mouse Stuttering and Skipping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Stuttering and Skipping: My mouse has started skipping and stuttering real bad lately and it’s affecting my gameplay, I tried updating drivers, deleting device, turning the polling rate down and I even tried a different mouse and bought a new mousepad and it’s still doing the same thing after all...
  7. Audio stutters/pops/crackling

Audio stutters/pops/crackling: I don't know if it's windows causing this issue, or if it's my hardware. I have checked with DPC Latency Checker and it shows me all green. I have also reinstalled the driver and the OS, but none have worked. The issue seems to start when the computer has been running for a...
  8. Audio, Video, & Outbound Ethernet Traffic Stuttering, Skipping, Or Glitching

Audio, Video, & Outbound Ethernet Traffic Stuttering, Skipping, Or Glitching: Video Example: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1wt7FziRnWCyA7f16 This is a Dell Precision 7520 with i7, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, and Windows 10 Pro 2004. Audio playback experiences skips, glitches, or stuttering. Video will do the same thing on screen at the same moment as the audio....
  9. Audio popping / stutter issue, high latency in latencymon

Audio popping / stutter issue, high latency in latencymon: Hi all, I finished building my new gaming computer recently and facing serious audio (popping, crackling, stuttering) issues as soon I start a game. These issues are appearing in both, the onboard sound device and the dedicated gameDAC from Steelseries. At least the gameDAC...
  10. Audio Pop/Stutter/Crackle When Stopping Audio

Audio Pop/Stutter/Crackle When Stopping Audio: I've been having this issue for the past two days, and I've tried everything to no avail. Basically this is the issue: I get a pop/crackle when I suddenly stop audio. What I'm running: Schiit Uber Stack. Win 10 PC. What I've tried: Tried onboard audio, still get...