Windows 10: Audio Popup windows 10, when plugged in to aux jack

Discus and support Audio Popup windows 10, when plugged in to aux jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, ill keep this quick. I'm trying to find a way to re-enable the "what device have you plugged in?" popup when you plug headphones into the aux jack.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CiaranGale, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Audio Popup windows 10, when plugged in to aux jack

Hi, ill keep this quick. I'm trying to find a way to re-enable the "what device have you plugged in?" popup when you plug headphones into the aux jack. Many sites trying to solve this have told me to look for the Realtek HD audio manager, but there is no such option in control panel>sounds etc. laptop is Acer Nitro 5.

:)

CiaranGale, Apr 8, 2021

2. audio jack popup

i have a question by mistake i turned off the popup dialog for when u plug something in to your audio jack and i was wondering how do i tun it back on for windows 10

peytonsummerfield, Apr 8, 2021
  3. How to get the popup when you plug a device into the audio jack in Windows 10

After the most recent Windows Updates, suddenly the popup asking me which device I plugged into my audio jack stopped popping up. Unfortunately, along with this change, I noticed a difference in sound quality when I plugged in my headphones. So I started
    my search on how to get that popup back and found an old thread about the same issue - but - for Windows 8. I noticed some people asked later about how to do the fix in Windows 10 but didn't see any replies. I'm guessing others may be having the same issue,
    and this was how I fixed it.

In the event you aren't sure how to get to the Control Panel, I just used my Cortana search for the Control Panel app. I then clicked on Hardware and Sound. My computer is a Dell, so I clicked on Dell Audio. That launched my Dell Audio window. At the
    top there are 4 "tabs"; I clicked on the "Advanced" tab. Then I clicked on "Jack Information". It then showed a graphic/picture of the jack...and below that a box with "Enable auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in". I noticed the box was unchecked,
    so I checked it and closed the window. I then tried plugging in my headphones and now the popup works again.

After looking at a couple more suggestions posted, including showing screenshots of the Realtek icon and people replying they didn't have that particular icon, I looked at my icons. I didn't see that exact icon either, but I did see an icon that looked
    like a speaker (although a little different from what was shown in the posted screenshots). I tried double-clicking that icon, and it brought up my Dell Audio window as well, so that's just a little quicker than opening up the Control Panel and then clicking
    on Hardware and Sound then clicking Dell Audio.

The old thread that triggered my finding the solution for me said to do a windows+x, but I think after the upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8, I stopped seeing the Control Panel listed that way. So, it may be if someone doesn't see a speaker to get the
    audio window to popup to explore getting that auto popup dialog enabled, starting with Control Panel will be a starting place for you. I'm no computer whiz and maybe someone has posted something along these lines already and I just didn't find it (if so,
    my apologies!), but I hope this is of some help to someone who is having the same problem I was but needed the little boost from the Windows 8 solution to one for a computer running on Windows 10.

smartblonde329, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Audio Popup windows 10, when plugged in to aux jack

Popup Not Showing When Device Plugged in Audio Jack (Windows 10)

I got this new headset which I plug into my audio jack. I've had to switch headphones to headset whenever it pops up. Once I switched and then checked the "Don't show this again" box. After plugging them in once more, the sound was only going through the
    right end. I'm guessing this is an issue with my device not recognizing my headset, as it works fine, just not with my device.

I've read through help articles and tried to find a Realtek Audio manager to enable the popup. I've sifted through my control panel and device manager, updated my audio drive, and have had no luck being able to set up this popup.

Thank you.

RandomPerson78, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Audio Popup windows 10, when plugged in to aux jack

1. Audio Popup windows 10, when plugged in to aux jack - Similar Threads - Audio Popup plugged

2. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: I was trying to connect my wired earplugs in but I accidentally clicked Don't show me this again to the usual pop up that comes. I was wondering how do I connect it now or how to get the pop-up back....
  3. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: I was trying to connect my wired earplugs in but I accidentally clicked Don't show me this again to the usual pop up that comes. I was wondering how do I connect it now or how to get the pop-up back....
  4. Popup Not Appearing When Device is Plugged into Audio Jack, and No Audio Input Detected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popup Not Appearing When Device is Plugged into Audio Jack, and No Audio Input Detected...: I am using the MI Notebook 14 with the device model XMA1901-DG. I have been using Sony MDR-EX255AP in-ear wired headphones, and usually, when I plug a device into the audio jack, a popup appears, allowing me to select whether it is a speaker or headphones. However, recently,...
  5. Popup Not Appearing When Device is Plugged into Audio Jack, and No Audio Input Detected...

Popup Not Appearing When Device is Plugged into Audio Jack, and No Audio Input Detected...: I am using the MI Notebook 14 with the device model XMA1901-DG. I have been using Sony MDR-EX255AP in-ear wired headphones, and usually, when I plug a device into the audio jack, a popup appears, allowing me to select whether it is a speaker or headphones. However, recently,...
  6. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-a-popup-when-device-is-plugged-in-audio/ad966e6d-7ff4-4b91-9297-2f861a91c0db
  7. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-a-popup-when-device-is-plugged-in-audio/ad966e6d-7ff4-4b91-9297-2f861a91c0db
  8. no sound coming from the headphone when plugged into aux/audio jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no sound coming from the headphone when plugged into aux/audio jack: Hi guys, So I’m running Windows 10 build 19042.804 version 20H2 and I am having this problem where I plug my headphones onto my laptop’s Aux/audio jack and Windows 10 detects it (it makes a sound when I plug it in). However, no sound coming from the headphone but instead...
  9. audio jack popup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio jack popup: I had an popup everytime when i plugged in a microphone or a headphone,one time i did it to not ask me and now i need it because i set it on headphones and now i need a microphone,how can i?...
  10. How to get the popup when you plug a device into the audio jack in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get the popup when you plug a device into the audio jack in Windows 10: After the most recent Windows Updates, suddenly the popup asking me which device I plugged into my audio jack stopped popping up. Unfortunately, along with this change, I noticed a difference in sound quality when I plugged in my headphones. So I started my search on how to...