Windows 10: Audio problem, and video and audio files problem

Discus and support Audio problem, and video and audio files problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I need help. The issue I'm encountering now is that my laptop doesn't produce sounds when playing videos or musics, and have problems playing video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lvico, Mar 6, 2019.

1. lvico Win User

Audio problem, and video and audio files problem

Hi, I need help. The issue I'm encountering now is that my laptop doesn't produce sounds when playing videos or musics, and have problems playing video and audio files using Groove music and Windows Media Player. I have no problem playing videos and musics using VLC, but then again theres no sounds what so ever.

It all started when I left my laptop(sleep mode) and the battery ran out. I restart my laptop and to my surprise the audio is not working anymore, I noticed it because theres this red X mark on the speaker icon. I ran the troubleshooter, checked drivers and services but nothings helped removed the red X on the speaker icon. I shutdown a few times and nothing happened until i decided to restart my laptop. > After restarting the red X was gone and i can now even use the fn to increase, decrease or mute the sounds. The orange light even appears then i mute the sounds. BUT theres still no sounds when playing videos. At this point I assumed it was my video player VLC and went on testing other things like YouTube, Groove music, and Windows Media Player, still no sounds. And Groove music, and Windows Media Player are not able to play at all.
    Windows Media Player

Audio problem, and video and audio files problem 9af675a7-5610-40c1-9d06-ec30a43c8f7d?upload=true.png

Groove music

Audio problem, and video and audio files problem bffa9f5b-6fd3-4494-a2cf-2cff0ace031a?upload=true.png

Anything that supposed to make sounds doesn't, also no movements on the audio mixer.

Audio problem, and video and audio files problem d5b5ba29-61fe-4d43-b986-7e75f858e3d6?upload=true.png

Also something appears when I click the speaker icon on the audio mixer.
    Audio problem, and video and audio files problem ccb2cfc4-9823-4241-b11e-95cd455863b2?upload=true.png

But then, i don't have any enhancement option om my speaker.

Audio problem, and video and audio files problem 01cddc15-a60a-4222-b24a-a006bb37f951?upload=true.png

All help or info to solve my issue is appreciated. Thank you.

:)

lvico, Mar 6, 2019

2. Audio Flipping sides problem

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, provide us more information.

• Is the issue is specific to only export stream videos?

• Try playing other videos/audio and let us know the status?
    I appreciate the steps you have performed. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps provided.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.

• Click on Advanced on the Audio troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Audio troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to set the headset as default and check.

• Right click on the on the sound icon on the Windows taskbar.

• Click on Sounds and click on Playback
      tab.

• Click on the headset and set it as default by clicking on the
      Set default button.

• Now click Apply and OK.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Audio problem

Hi Sulav,

For us to better assist your concern, we would like to ask for some additional information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you try to run the
    audio troubleshooter
    . It might be able to fix audio problems automatically.

You can also check the troubleshooting steps provided by Santosh on this

link
    . Hope it helps.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Audio problem

Upon checking, HP Beats Audio is an application that was installed by the OEM (Orginal Equipment Manufacturer) of your computer. The HP Beats application may be connected to the audio driver of your computer. The audio driver of your computer may have an
    issue that is why the application is missing. We suggest that you re-install the audio driver of your computer to resolve the issue. Please take note that you need to unplug your external speaker before re-installing the audio driver. To do this, follow these
    steps:

• Right click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • On the Device Manager Window, double-click Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right the audio driver, and then select Uninstall.
    • On the Confirm Device Uninstall window, click the Delete the driver software for this device check box.
    • Click OK.
    • After uninstalling the audio driver, download the audio driver software of your computer. You can download it by visiting the support page of HP.
    • After downloading the audio driver software, run the installer.
    • Follow the prompts of the installer.
    • After re-installing the driver, check if you can access the HP Beats application and also check if your external speakers will work.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps above.

Argel Obm, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Audio problem, and video and audio files problem - Similar Threads - Audio problem video

2. Problem with stopping audio and video for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with stopping audio and video for no reason: PC Specs: CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 3.7GHz GPU: GTX 1080 Palit JetStream MOBO: ASRock ab350 PRO4 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 3000MHz XMP PSU: XFX 650W don't remember what model OS SSD: ADATA SP920 OS: Windows 10 21H2 Problem description: Hi. I have a problem that has been...
  3. Problem with stopping audio and video for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with stopping audio and video for no reason: PC Specs: CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 3.7GHz GPU: GTX 1080 Palit JetStream MOBO: ASRock ab350 PRO4 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 3000MHz XMP PSU: XFX 650W don't remember what model OS SSD: ADATA SP920 OS: Windows 10 21H2 Problem description: Hi. I have a problem that has been...
  4. Problem with Audio while Watching Video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Audio while Watching Video: In my case when iam watch a specific series some videos in 5 minutes after the sound gone only i well listening The backround musicAND SAME VIDEO I WATCH MY ANOTHER DEVICE THAT WELL SOUND IS EXITs WHY THIS PROBLEM...
  5. Problem with Audio while Watching Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Audio while Watching Video: In my case when iam watch a specific series some videos in 5 minutes after the sound gone only i well listening The backround musicAND SAME VIDEO I WATCH MY ANOTHER DEVICE THAT WELL SOUND IS EXITs WHY THIS PROBLEM...
  6. Problem with Audio while Watching Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Having problems with Audio and Video/RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having problems with Audio and Video/RAM: Hey yall, sorry if im in the wrong sub. 1. Problem My PC used to boot up without any problem but since 2 months or so i´ve a problem with my RAM. Since i build the PC i just had XMP on and it booted up with 3600MHZ. BUT then it started booting the system with 2133MHZ. So i...
  8. Video Playback & Audio Problems

Video Playback & Audio Problems: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  9. Audio/Video Problem

Audio/Video Problem: When I upgraded to Windows 10 my audio and video now runs at half speed, have checked everthing I can think of, remove WMP and read it , used other a/v players get the same thing, audio and video runs at half speed, no matter weather it is a you tube video or on the machine...
  10. Problems with USB audio and video devices

Problems with USB audio and video devices: Hi, installed Windows 10 on my new system (my first Win 10 install). So far so good, but having issues with UBS audio and video devices. More specifically, - my Trust webcam (with integrated microphone) does not work: it is recognised by the system, but neither webcam nor...