Windows 10: Audio problem - devices installed but not visible in Sound manager

Discus and support Audio problem - devices installed but not visible in Sound manager in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have had a problem of being unable to use audio devices. It has been present for a few years and first occurred after a Windows up-date. Other issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David Andrews1, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Audio problem - devices installed but not visible in Sound manager

I have had a problem of being unable to use audio devices. It has been present for a few years and first occurred after a Windows up-date. Other issues also caused problems on my PC so I use <Ctrl><Alt><Delete> to start Windows instead of the <Return> key.In Device Manager I can see under Sound, Video and Game Controllers three devices: High Definition Audio Source, NVIDIA Virtual Device Wave ExtensibleWDM and Realtek High Definition Audio. I have tried updating drivers. Device Manager reports the devices are working properly.In Settings - Manage Sound Devices there

:)

David Andrews1, Mar 24, 2023

2. Sound/Audio not working after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Davis,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and appreciate the troubleshooting methods performed to resolve the issue on your own.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What are the troubleshooting steps performed to resolve the issue?
    • Is the audio drivers visible under Device manager?
    • Have you updated the audio drivers after upgrading to Windows 10?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatible, non-updated or corrupted audio drivers installed on the PC. When the driver is in-compatible or corrupted with the operating system, it will not perform its normal task at times.

I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible audio driver for Windows 10 operating system from the manufacturer’s website and check if the device driver is visible under
    Device manager.

To check if the audio drivers are installed on the PC, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers option from the window and check if the drivers are visible and installed.

Refer to the link below on No sound in Windows and check if it helps:

Fix sound or audio problems in Windows - Microsoft Support

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 24, 2023
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Mar 24, 2023
  4. Audio problem - devices installed but not visible in Sound manager

Sound problem since installing windows 10

Hi Lynn,

As you are facing issues with updating the audio drivers we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make any model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message when you try to update the audio driver?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to Run Audio troubleshooter from
    Fix sound problems and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if any drivers in Device Manager have yellow exclamatory mark. If so, check for the device status.

Follow:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound Card, right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      device status

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

Audio problem - devices installed but not visible in Sound manager

1. Audio problem - devices installed but not visible in Sound manager - Similar Threads - Audio problem devices

2. Audio problem - devices installed but not visible in Sound manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio problem - devices installed but not visible in Sound manager: I have had a problem of being unable to use audio devices. It has been present for a few years and first occurred after a Windows up-date. Other issues also caused problems on my PC so I use <Ctrl><Alt><Delete> to start Windows instead of the <Return> key.In Device Manager I...
  3. Audio problem - devices installed but not visible in Sound manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio problem - devices installed but not visible in Sound manager: I have had a problem of being unable to use audio devices. It has been present for a few years and first occurred after a Windows up-date. Other issues also caused problems on my PC so I use <Ctrl><Alt><Delete> to start Windows instead of the <Return> key.In Device Manager I...
  4. Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found: Hi,I've lost audio on my Win 11 laptop, hoping someone can help. I've tried Googling the issue but nothing so far.I've tried to uninstall the audio driver RealTek HD Audio from the Device Manager but after a restart the audio driver has completly dissapeared. I've gone to...
  5. Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found

Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found: Hi,I've lost audio on my Win 11 laptop, hoping someone can help. I've tried Googling the issue but nothing so far.I've tried to uninstall the audio driver RealTek HD Audio from the Device Manager but after a restart the audio driver has completly dissapeared. I've gone to...
  6. Sound card not visible in Device Manager, no audio outputs found

7. Camera not Visible in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not Visible in Device Manager: The built-in camera in my windows 10 ASUS Q503UA has quit. The device has been working but has stopped and is no longer visible in Device Manager. I have download ASUS Live Update, but it says all is well. So far online resources have not been able to provide a solution. What...
  8. Camera not Visible in Device Manager

Camera not Visible in Device Manager: The built-in camera in my windows 10 ASUS Q503UA has quit. The device has been working but has stopped and is no longer visible in Device Manager. I have download ASUS Live Update, but it says all is well. So far online resources have not been able to provide a solution. What...
  9. Camera not Visible in Device Manager

10. sound problem error: no audio output devices is installed

sound problem error: no audio output devices is installed: I'm facing this issue before 2 days. I tried many times but failed. Please give me solution. Error: no audio output device is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-problem-error-no-audio-output-devices-is/ddf0b0ea-3872-4f60-bdfe-40506f59926c