Windows 10: audio problem on new window 10 laptop.

Discus and support audio problem on new window 10 laptop. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On my new laptop manufactured only a few months ago the audio on video playbacks ,after sleep ,does not play except groove music albeit not a video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ColinBeardmore, Feb 6, 2021.

1. audio problem on new window 10 laptop.

On my new laptop manufactured only a few months ago the audio on video playbacks ,after sleep ,does not play except groove music albeit not a video

However If I close down and then restart the audio is restored.

On my other 5 year old laptop updated from windows 8 this problem does not appear so the issue seems to be windows 10 S software .

I wonder is this a known issue.

:)

ColinBeardmore, Feb 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Feb 6, 2021
  4. NanoPad Win User

audio problem on new window 10 laptop.

Windows 10 incompatible with Laptop - Audio Problems

Dear Friends,
    Hope this finds you well.
    I've communicated with both HP and Microsoft about this issue with my brothers Laptop.
    Ever since he allowed the Windows 10 upgrade unbeknown to him as MS slipped it in an Update as your aware. I used GWX control panel to block it. Windows 7 is still the most used OS at this time..
    Problem(s)
    He has had an issue with the headphones playing audio and no audio through the internal speakers.
    Below is a last ditch suggestion by HP. Believe me we have done everything under the sun and nothing has fixed it permanently.
    My hunch is that his computer never had the resources to run Windows 10 properly. And HP never updated anything or lets say the drivers to run Windows 10 on an older computer. "Business as usual.." I'm certain many folks out there have had this same issue.
    What we would like to know if possible assuming the steps below don't solve this and I'm just a little leery at this point that they will. Is what is the Best Way to get the computer back to Windows 7? There are no discs that he knows of in his possession.
    I may be wrong about this as I have been in the past about certain things, But...
    Any help or suggestions would be deeply appreciated.
    Sincerely, Raphael

This is the model:
    HP Pavilion g7-1150us Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

Re: Compatibility of Windows 10 and HP Computer - Audio Headphones Only [ New ]Options‎04-10-2017 05:39 PMHi: HP does not support any PC made before August of 2013 for W10. HP Products Tested with Windows 10 | HP® Customer Support
    So, the g7-1150us is not supported for W10, and unfortunately, there are no W10 audio drivers for it. You can try the W7 driver from the support page and hope it works...Install and restart the PC. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59154.exe You can also try this workaround to see if you can get the onboard sound to work... Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category. 1. Select the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.2. Select Driver tab.3. Click on the Update Driver button.4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next. A warning message may appear, but click Yes.7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.8. Restart the PC. The key is step 6. If that doesn't work either, I suggest you reinstall W7, which is the only supported operating system for that model.

NanoPad, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

audio problem on new window 10 laptop.

1. audio problem on new window 10 laptop. - Similar Threads - audio problem window

2. Laptop Audio and Bluetooth Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Audio and Bluetooth Problem: Good day!I would like to ask for technical support with my laptop regarding the problem stated above. The audio keeps on making the "brrt" sound randomly when I play some audio. Meanwhile, the bluetooth keeps on disconnecting my devices.Know that I already updated the...
  3. Laptop Audio and Bluetooth Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Audio and Bluetooth Problem: Good day!I would like to ask for technical support with my laptop regarding the problem stated above. The audio keeps on making the "brrt" sound randomly when I play some audio. Meanwhile, the bluetooth keeps on disconnecting my devices.Know that I already updated the...
  4. ASUS laptop audio problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS laptop audio problems: Okay so I own a ASUS TUF gaming f17, it's running windows 11 and frankly the sound on it isn't very good. I tried installing realtek high definition audio driver but at the very end it always gives me an error and the audio hasn't improve. I asked about this and I was told to...
  5. ASUS laptop audio problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS laptop audio problems: Okay so I own a ASUS TUF gaming f17, it's running windows 11 and frankly the sound on it isn't very good. I tried installing realtek high definition audio driver but at the very end it always gives me an error and the audio hasn't improve. I asked about this and I was told to...
  6. New laptop problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New laptop problem: I bought a new laptop, and tried signing in to y windows, and it wont give me a reason. I tried connecting the device by registering it, and it says it doesnt recognize the serial number I try to login in on the new device and get this error 0x80190001 Please help...
  7. Audio Difficulties on new laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Difficulties on new laptop: Hi there, I am experiencing some strange issues with my microphone on my new laptop. When I plug in my headphones to the audio jack the microphone becomes unable to detect any audio input however if I unplug the headphones again the audio can be registered. Secondly...
  8. Problems with new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with new laptop: Split from this thread. please help me i just bought this laptop and im not good on them in the frist place nouthing but a pain in my bum what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-new-laptop/046253a0-5581-4950-8719-f5c94bd7a0dc
  9. Audio problem with laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio problem with laptop.: So recently I just purchased a Dell XPS 15. Maxed out pretty much everything I could on it and it's blazing fast BUT I keep having issues with the audio. I know that the speakers are on the bottom so that the laptop so they can keep the laptop light and slim and what not but...
  10. Windows 10 incompatible with Laptop - Audio Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 incompatible with Laptop - Audio Problems: Dear Friends, Hope this finds you well. I've communicated with both HP and Microsoft about this issue with my brothers Laptop. Ever since he allowed the Windows 10 upgrade unbeknown to him as MS slipped it in an Update as your aware. I used GWX control panel to block it....