Windows 10: Audio problem, random low volumes

Discus and support Audio problem, random low volumes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with the audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing a video in the Windows applications or YouTube in the browsers, the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WilliamNickerson1, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Audio problem, random low volumes

Hi, I have a problem with the audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing a video in the Windows applications or YouTube in the browsers, the audio sometimes becomes very low and sounds flat. But when I close that application and reopen it, it returns to normal this is happening randomly; the volume level remains the same, a simple restart of the playback app will not fix the problem every time. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

WilliamNickerson1, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Low Audio Volume when listening songs

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. Thank you for providing the detailed information. I understand that you get low audio level while playing songs.

Ideally, the level of audio depends on the type of the audio file that you are playing. However, I would suggest you to try using the Audio Enhancements, which will boost the audio level and help you get a better audio experience. Refer the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Under Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.
    4. Click on Enhancements tab.
    5. Select the checkbox for Loudness Equalization.
    6. Click on OK.

If the issue persists, you may want to try updating the Audio drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on the Audio
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

You may also want to check the Audio levels for specific applications in the Volume Mixer. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the Sound icon on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Select Open Volume Mixer.
    3. Now, adjust the Volume levels for the Applications as per your requirement.

Refer the screenshot below:

Audio problem, random low volumes 5c89acd0-2ea3-4a5a-99cb-5f8c01a94726?upload=true.png

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Audio issue : random low volumes

Hi all,

I am facing an issue with audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing any video on netflix windows applications, youtube on browsers or anything the audio sometimes randomly becomes very low and kind of sound flat. But when I close that application and
    reopen it again it goes back to normal..it only happens when sometimes i pause my video and replay it again..it is happening randomly...the volume level remains same in windows sound and no change is present in volume level in windows level. If it had been
    a hardware problem a simple restart of the playing application would not have fixed problem everytime.

I tried-

1. Disabling / Enabling the realtek audio driver from device manager.

2. Updated the realtek audio driver to latest.

3. Troubleshooting also didn't work.

4. Disabled the communication enhancements and sound enhancements also.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

VipulPrakash1, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Audio problem, random low volumes

Surface Book output volume is low

Hello John,

I followed the above steps, but still have the same issue of low audio volume.

Dhawal Patil, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Audio problem, random low volumes

1. Audio problem, random low volumes - Similar Threads - Audio problem random

2. Audio problem, random low volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio problem, random low volumes: Hi, I have a problem with the audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing a video in the Windows applications or YouTube in the browsers, the audio sometimes becomes very low and sounds flat. But when I close that application and reopen it, it returns to normal this is...
  3. Audio problem, random low volumes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio problem, random low volumes: Hi, I have a problem with the audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing a video in the Windows applications or YouTube in the browsers, the audio sometimes becomes very low and sounds flat. But when I close that application and reopen it, it returns to normal this is...
  4. Low volume.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low volume.: Greetings!My computer recently started being quieter!! I have volume at about 100 and it's still quiet. It happens when I watched YouTube. Please help me! Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-volume/3e3aaa8d-2c05-4e78-b94e-cd412d043373
  5. Problem with low volume laptop microphone.

Problem with low volume laptop microphone.: I have been having problems with low volume on my laptop microphone. I have run the troubleshooter which says it couldn't find a problem. The mic volumes and db boost are up to 100 % but my voice still barely registers. The only thing that I can find is the following...
  6. Audio issue : random low volumes

Audio issue : random low volumes: Hi all, I am facing an issue with audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing any video on netflix windows applications, youtube on browsers or anything the audio sometimes randomly becomes very low and kind of sound flat. But when I close that application and reopen it...
  7. Audio too loud even if the volume level is low

Audio too loud even if the volume level is low: I used to set the level to around 60%, however now I get the same loudness from 6 - 8%. This happened suddenly when I ran Audacity. The device I am using is Logitech G633 Gaming Headset. I have so far tried several solutions from other similar questions posted here and on...
  8. Low audio at max volume on new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low audio at max volume on new pc: I recently just built a new pc after switching from my old msi laptop. I'm on a gigabyte b450m ds3h and am noticing low audio compared to my old laptop. At 100% volume it feels like what it would be at 50% on my laptop. I tried reinstalling my audio drivers multiple times and...
  9. volume low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    volume low: volume low https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-low/95a103b8-7af8-4705-9842-c940057d5edc
  10. Audio volume much too low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio volume much too low: reinstalled driver on my laptop windows 10, now the volume is too low (maxed out) to be effectively used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-much-too-low/003fbe44-bbd8-4c52-8941-90c41e7a5e20