Windows 10: Audio Problem with Windows 10 and A5 Speakers

Discus and support Audio Problem with Windows 10 and A5 Speakers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is happening on a Windows 10 PC so perhaps the solution is Windows based. It started happening around the time that a windows update (KB4515384)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jatna, Oct 29, 2019.

1. /u/jatna Win User

Audio Problem with Windows 10 and A5 Speakers

This is happening on a Windows 10 PC so perhaps the solution is Windows based.

It started happening around the time that a windows update (KB4515384) caused audio problems for some people, so I tried the odd solutions offered on YouTube about it, to no avail. At any rate the problem was said to be patched but my problem remains.

Before you suggest anything, I have already tried all the normal stuff. I have updated drivers, run the windows trouble shooter, turned off, then on everything, changed out every cord and made sure they were seated properly. I have switched out power conditioners, power cords and power strips. I even checked the weird volume control on the keyboard.

This problem is happening with 2 different sound cards, one internal, onboard one on the motherboard and one external one through usb. It only happens on my main speakers though, AudioEngine A5s, not on some $20 cheapo speakers that I bought just to test (also with 1/8th input).

The problem is this: randomly, there will be a very short ( > .3 seconds) and not loud, popping noise from the speakers and the volume of whatever is playing will immediately be zero. The various software and hardware volume knobs and sliders will remain at their unchanged positions and the software mp3 player will still be playing. More recently there is no popping sound at all from the speakers but the sound of what I am listening to will (as above) simply cease.

The annoying solution to this is to wiggle the fader on the software mp3 player or in the case of the external sound card, wiggle the volume knob. Then the sound comes back on.

This happens with various mp3 software and also whether a power conditioner is inline or not. I also disabled each sound card when I tested the other.

My A5 powered speakers have a 1/8th main input jack and a 1/8th aux input jack (no RCA input). The problem happens using either of them so I don't think it is the jack and of course I tested different cords.

Weirdly, the audio stays on in my headphones when they are simultaneously connected to my external usb soundcard, along with the speakers. So perhaps we can rule out that it is a software problem?

It is probably related to my roommate running his heater and grow lights. The entirety of both our rooms are on the same circuit. So I ran an extension cord from the bathroom which is on a different circuit and plugged in my PC and speakers to test. It still happens.

I am curious if this problem would persist over the RCA inputs of the updated A5+ speakers. But I am hesitant to buy them, just to have to return them, if the problem is still there.

Any useful solutions or ideas?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/jatna
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jatna, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

audio and speakers problems

Hi,

It is possible that audios and speakers were not recognized due to wrong configuration settings or outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried connecting your speaker/headphone to another device and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried connecting another speakers/headphones and check if the issue still persists?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter by clicking on this
    link
    . It will let you automatically diagnose audio problems and will provide you a remedy.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices. This will identify and diagnose technical issues. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the upper right part of the Control Panel window, type
      Troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to proceed with the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your PC and check if the issue still persist.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest to use a different Bluetooth speaker and check if the same issue persists. Also try using the current speaker with different computer running Windows 10 and check. As you are getting Crackles or warning sound it might be an issue with hardware.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Audio Problem with Windows 10 and A5 Speakers - Similar Threads - Audio Problem Speakers

2. Audio/speaker problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/speaker problems: I'm facing audio problems . I tried a lot to resolve it but it didn't work anyway. First, it was showing a cross in red circle on sound icon in taskbar. When I started troubleshooter then it showed 'Audio services not responding'. Then, I managed to make necessary changes in...
  3. Problems with the audio of my speakers

Problems with the audio of my speakers: First, when i was playing something the audio was very low at the beginning and it got silenced. Then, I update my laptop to the 2004 version and the audio is very low but at least it doesn't get silenced. The audio with my headphones works perfectly....
  4. Windows 10 No Audio with speakers

Windows 10 No Audio with speakers: Headset works but speakers do not except for starting sound. Tried reinstallingWindows 10 and audio drivers without success. Troubleshooter of no help. Following is Hardware ID for High Definition Speakers: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2805&SUBSYS_1179FC50&REV_1000...
  5. Windows 10 speakers problem

Windows 10 speakers problem: I cannot get my new speakers to work! I have Windows 10 installed, and it was not the free version--I paid for it! I had Windows 7 and it worked perfect, but my son-in-law decided I needed Windows 10 and installed it on my PC while I was out of town. Of course, then my old...
  6. Audio Speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Speakers: Audio speakers are plugged in . it is not HDMI plug in. worked before. don't know what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-speakers/3be12b42-9c40-4081-a7e6-269a45ed146f
  7. Problem about speakers/headphones and Realtek Audio

Problem about speakers/headphones and Realtek Audio: Hello everyone, I have a problem: I can't modify the sound volume of my speakers once I have plugged in my headphones. To explain a bit more: I can turn the wheel of the speaker, it has no effect on the volume; I can even technically switch off the speaker, I still have...
  8. Audio Problem with standard speakers

Audio Problem with standard speakers: Greetings I'm new to this site so be kind...I'm using Windows 10 1903 home version. I'm using standard Cyber Acoustics speakers. I'm experiencing a tremendous amount of feedback and even wireless conversations. I tried the rear green plug as well as the front. I found that...
  9. No Audio with speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Audio with speakers: SOUNDS missing from Microphone symbol on taskbar with audio only available on headset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-with-speakers/e957d6ab-f879-4c2f-9063-561ef29d8e7b
  10. audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"

audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in": hi, i've been having serious audio issues with my computer, an asus x555ya, for almost three weeks now. the sound icon on my taskbar has a red x on it. i've tried every single solution on the internet to no avail; attempted to update/reinstall my audio driver only to find out...