Windows 10: Audio Problem with Windows 10 - lose audio everytime I plug in headphones

Discus and support Audio Problem with Windows 10 - lose audio everytime I plug in headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a W 10 update bug fiasco whenever I plug in Headphones it kills all the audio - no audio in headset - no audio back on speakers Blah Blah... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShawnMarshall4, May 27, 2020.

1. Audio Problem with Windows 10 - lose audio everytime I plug in headphones

This is a W 10 update bug fiasco

whenever I plug in Headphones it kills all the audio - no audio in headset - no audio back on speakers

Blah Blah Blah run troubleshooter - does no good - have to restart to get audio back

someone published a fix - go to cmd prompt Stop AudioServ start audioserv

that didn't work - service not found

tried ctrl-Alt-DEL task Manager services

Stop Audiosrv

start audio srv

presto headphones working again w/o restart

:)

ShawnMarshall4, May 27, 2020

2. DTS Audio Control and headphone plug

Hi Terry,

This issue with the DTS Audio Control can be caused by system corruption on the application itself. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you uninstall the application. Here's how:

• Type DTS in the search field at the task bar.
    • Right-click on the DTS Audio Control in the results.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Once done, proceed with installing it back.

You can also check out with HP as the manufacturer of this application for any updated drivers that can help to resolve the issue.

You may try to plug in the headphone again once the issue has been resolved. If it is the same, try a different headphone and let us know about the results.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, May 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Audio sounds tinny when headphones are plugged in

Though I've tried all of these options, I tried them yet once more:

Audio Playback Troubleshooter could not identify the problem.

When checking the list of playback options, neither external speakers nor headphones show up on the list when I plug them into the audio jack.

I tried updating the drivers via Realtek's website (it has the Windows 10 edition of the audio driver), but it didn't change anything.

What next?

Thanks,

TB

Thomas Buonanno, May 27, 2020
  4. Audio Problem with Windows 10 - lose audio everytime I plug in headphones

Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time

Just downloaded the most recent Windows 10 update. But now, even when my headphones are plugged in, I get audio from both the headphone and the internal speakers. Instead of a separate "speaker" and "headphone" sections in the sounds menu, it's listed
    as "Speaker/Headphone." Surely, this is not a feature people wanted. There is no problem when using Bluetooth headphones, just the audio jack.

MidKnight Swami, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Audio Problem with Windows 10 - lose audio everytime I plug in headphones

1. Audio Problem with Windows 10 - lose audio everytime I plug in headphones - Similar Threads - Audio Problem lose

2. Headphone Audio Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone Audio Problems: I got a new pair of headphones and when I plug them in they work and the noise registers but I hear no audio. Also the mic isn't working. The window's troubleshooter updated the audio drivers and it didn't fix the problem. Any advice?...
  3. Audio Issues "No speakers or headphones plugged in."

Audio Issues "No speakers or headphones plugged in.": Hello everyone, 2019 iMac 21.5 windows bootcamp my audio isn't working and whenever I hover over it, it says "No speakers or headphones plugged in." But I have my headphones plugged in and it says that all of my PC's built in speakers all unplugged, but they're all plugged...
  4. Audio problems with headphones

Audio problems with headphones: My problem is that normally I plug my headphones into my computer, it has a degree of volume, for example, 40/100, when I unplug the headphones, it has a different degree of volume, it can be 30/100 or 0/100 depends on the degree of volume I've set before plugging in. But...
  5. Headphone audio problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Headphone audio problem: Hi, My laptop audio is working fine. But when I connect my headset, I don't hear anything. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-audio-problem/1ac61c75-b2f5-4f33-94da-ebbca49734bb
  6. Audio problems with headphones.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio problems with headphones.: I recently purchased a pair of USB headphones and went straight into its software and cranked the bass up. Problem is that when there is heavy bass in music the volume rapidly decreases then goes back to normal to compensate for the bass. I've had this problem with my...
  7. Headphone/Audio Problems

Headphone/Audio Problems: Hello! I am encountering an extremely annoying issue with my HyperX Cloud II headphones where only certain things will play. I loaded up Minecraft, and the audio was playing through my headphones normally. I then realized I couldn’t hear my friends through Discord, so I...
  8. Audio issue with Windows 10 laptop when headphones are not plugged in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio issue with Windows 10 laptop when headphones are not plugged in.: My Lenovo laptop (with Windows 10 installed) is having trouble with audio and I'm unable to hear it except when my earphones or headphones are plugged in. My laptop's left stereo channel is working fine but the right isn't. When I tried changing the volume, I either only hear...
  9. audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"

audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in": hi, i've been having serious audio issues with my computer, an asus x555ya, for almost three weeks now. the sound icon on my taskbar has a red x on it. i've tried every single solution on the internet to no avail; attempted to update/reinstall my audio driver only to find out...
  10. Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10)

Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10): Hi, this happened all of a sudden. I was using my Bluetooth headset for audio for YouTube videos when all of a sudden the battery died. After putting my wireless Bluetooth headphone to charging, when I tried using any of the wired headphones, none of them worked. It is like...