Windows 10: Audio problems after Windows 10 December update

Discus and support Audio problems after Windows 10 December update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since the newest Windows update I've experienced echoing audio through all my different speakers and headsets. My headphone/Mic combo also seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IsaacSpencer, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Audio problems after Windows 10 December update

Ever since the newest Windows update I've experienced echoing audio through all my different speakers and headsets. My headphone/Mic combo also seems to have an undetectable mic. Is there anyone else that has experienced any of these problems?

I've checked the hardware on other devices and had no problems

I've reinstalled all the audio driver software through the device manager

I've disabled all sound effects in the enhancements tab of my main audio device

If anyone has any ideas i would be happy to try them

:)

IsaacSpencer, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows update & Audio Problem in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forum!

What problems are you facing with windows update in windows 10 home?

Specify the problem you are facing in audio drivers?

In the Windows 10 you have no choice to change the automatic update settings. Because the change settings option is disabled.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter
    Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

Audio problems after Windows 10 December update

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Audio problems after Windows 10 December update

1. Audio problems after Windows 10 December update - Similar Threads - Audio problems December

2. Audio problem after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio problem after Windows Update: I have a problem with my laptop speakers after windows update. The sound became flat and quiet and my speakers started to caugh. The sound seems normal on my blutooth headphones. I already tried everything, from windows troubleshooting through updating drivers, disabling...
  3. Audio problem after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio problem after Windows Update: I have a problem with my laptop speakers after windows update. The sound became flat and quiet and my speakers started to caugh. The sound seems normal on my blutooth headphones. I already tried everything, from windows troubleshooting through updating drivers, disabling...
  4. Windows 10 slow after December 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 slow after December 2020 update: I updated my laptop a few days ago to December 2020 update and now the system has become super slow and laggy. My laptop never lagged before. The same issue was faced by numerous other people who I know have downloaded the same update! 32GB RAM i7 10th gen - lags after I...
  5. Audio problems after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio problems after Windows 10 update: Yesterday my laptop installed an update, everything seemed fine, but then I noticed a very strange problem with the audio which was the following: I think the general sound is normal but if I try to enter a game, the sounds feel distorted, the Background sounds, for example,...
  6. Audio problems after windows 10 update

Audio problems after windows 10 update: Yesterday my laptop installed a bigger than usual update for windows 10 everything seemed fine but then i noticed a very weird problem with the audio which was the following : i believe the overall sound is normal if i tried testing it without entering any app but if i try...
  7. Windows 10 December Update Problem KB4530684

Windows 10 December Update Problem KB4530684: My 2017 Surface Pro installed the above update on Wednesday and restarted fine, and i used it for the rest of the day. Then, it would not turn back on on Thursday. It's stuck in startup 'preparing bitlocker recovery'. It shows that for about 5 seconds, then goes blank. Then...
  8. December Windows 10 Update

December Windows 10 Update: Windows 10 automatically updated my PC the other day and now there are tiles on the home page that I cannot get rid of. They cover over my wallpaper (family photo). I went online to found out how to get rid of the tiles, but none of the suggested methods work. How do I get...
  9. december windows 10 update

december windows 10 update: After the December update my office 2013 programs will not open. Solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/december-windows-10-update/b73589bb-cc0b-45a2-8879-f067eb992c74
  10. Windows 10 after December updates

Windows 10 after December updates: Dear Microsoft Since installing the 8/12/18 updates I experienced my system to be unstable thinking it has a virus but wasn’t the case as I run security online scanners as Windows defender did not run as well as desktop applications in which I had to be an administrator to...