Windows 10: Audio problems and crashing

Discus and support Audio problems and crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I recently bought a new hp laptop with Windows Home installed in it. And there is an annoying problem. "The audio service is nor running" pops up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MantasPuplesis, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Audio problems and crashing

So I recently bought a new hp laptop with Windows Home installed in it. And there is an annoying problem.

"The audio service is nor running" pops up for a couple minutes and the pc crashes, saying "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart"

This happens two times a day.

:)

MantasPuplesis, Mar 5, 2021

2. Windows Audio Crashes

My audio stops working when ever a mic is turned on.

On login, audio output works normally, however, when ever any mic is used, both audio input and output crash and a red x shows up on the taskbar audio icon.

It seems the Windows Audio service is what crashes.

After the first crash, the audio does not come back no matter what I do until I restart my pc.

I can replicate this with the following steps:

1. Login to pc
      • audio output working fine
    2. Open sound settings, opens to playback tab
      • audio still fine and also able to play test sounds
    3. Click on Recording Tab
      • The sound feedback indicator on the right side is missing
      • The window freezes, error window appears about DLL crash
      • If there is no connected or enabled recording device, nothing happens everything else seem to run normally
    4. Proceed to follow various trouble shooting steps
      • Some troubleshooting steps seems to get rid of the red x on the taskbar volume icon
      • The recording tab in the sound settings is also now accessible
      • However things may seem fine at first, audio input/output is still not working and playing a test sound fails.

Solutions I've Tried:

• DISM (ended with no errors)
    • sfc /scannow (found corrupted files, required restart)
    • Restarting Windows Audio Service (results in err 1061, service then gets stuck on stopping)
    • Disabling and re-enabling audio drivers
    • Reinstalling audio drivers from manufacturers site
    • Using windows generic audio drivers
    • Restarting my PC
    As you can see, I've spent a lot of time trying to fix this issue and it is starting to get really frustrating.

Reetik2000, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Audio problems and crashing

Audio Flipping sides problem

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, provide us more information.

• Is the issue is specific to only export stream videos?

• Try playing other videos/audio and let us know the status?
    I appreciate the steps you have performed. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps provided.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.

• Click on Advanced on the Audio troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Audio troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to set the headset as default and check.

• Right click on the on the sound icon on the Windows taskbar.

• Click on Sounds and click on Playback
      tab.

• Click on the headset and set it as default by clicking on the
      Set default button.

• Now click Apply and OK.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Audio problems and crashing

1. Audio problems and crashing - Similar Threads - Audio problems crashing

2. Audio / Video problems: Videos dropping to 1 FPS, audio driver crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio / Video problems: Videos dropping to 1 FPS, audio driver crashing: Having weird issues with audio and videos:Videos suddenly stop either playing at all they get stuck on a single frame or play without audio,system wide and online; simultaneously, the audio driver seems to crash. Youtube videos, for example, run but show the loading wheel at...
  3. Audio / Video problems: Videos dropping to 1 FPS, audio driver crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio / Video problems: Videos dropping to 1 FPS, audio driver crashing: Having weird issues with audio and videos:Videos suddenly stop either playing at all They get stuck on a single frame or play without audio,system wide and online, simultaneously the audio driver seems to crash. Youtube videos, for example, run but show the loading wheel at...
  4. Audio / Video problems: Videos dropping to 1 FPS, audio driver crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio / Video problems: Videos dropping to 1 FPS, audio driver crashing: Having weird issues with audio and videos:Videos suddenly stop either playing at all They get stuck on a single frame or play without audio,system wide and online, simultaneously the audio driver seems to crash. Youtube videos, for example, run but show the loading wheel at...
  5. Audio problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio problem: I attend classes and seminars online. Usually, I watch on my big screen TV via HDMI and record on my laptop for later review. All of a sudden I find that the recorded video has no audio. I haven't made any changes in my audio settings. I find that I can have audio on my TV or...
  6. Audio crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio crashing: hello I have been experiencing my audio crashing for a month now and it's really stressing me out. I've tried everything, updating drivers, uninstalling drivers, troubleshooting, getting support on get help, restarting drivers, etc. but nothing has worked. I always have to...
  7. Audio problems

Audio problems: Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0295&SUBSYS_103C8615&REV_1000\5&1bb35b6b&0&0001 requires further installation. Audio tests say it works but speakers aren't working properly. Come on loud then go very quiet. Earphones work fine. Think there might have been an update...
  8. audio problem

audio problem: the sound on my pc suddenly stopped working. It doesn't work either with the built in speakers, or with headphones. The sound manager in settings says that I have 'no output devices found' even when the headphones are plugged in. I have updated the drivers, and don't know...
  9. Audio Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Problems: So i was using my computer when the power went out in the middle of me browsing. I heard that can cause problems on your computer but i'm unsure if its related. But when the power came back on a few hours later i started watching a video but the dialogue and voices of people...
  10. Audio problem, and video and audio files problem

Audio problem, and video and audio files problem: Hi, I need help. The issue I'm encountering now is that my laptop doesn't produce sounds when playing videos or musics, and have problems playing video and audio files using Groove music and Windows Media Player. I have no problem playing videos and musics using VLC, but then...