Windows 10: Audio problems on TV output

Discus and support Audio problems on TV output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, mostly I use my computer with headphones, I have an evga rtx2070 connected to a desktop monitor that is set as my primary display. I also have it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VancouverDean, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Audio problems on TV output

So, mostly I use my computer with headphones, I have an evga rtx2070 connected to a desktop monitor that is set as my primary display. I also have it connected to my living room tv. I have no problems using my wireless headphones on the computer, but when I want to put on content through the TV, the video connects fine, however It wont switch the audio over. If I restart the computer it seems to work, but when the PC goes to sleep or I switch sources on the TV the audio is once again muted. It shows audio going from the pc to the TV and I get the menu sounds from the TV. If I run it through the troubleshooter it comes back, but it takes a few times. Obviously this or restarting the computer is not an ideal senario. It seems as though the audio is working, but the video card is not wanting to output the audio to the TV without a redetection. Has anyone had this issue? does anyone have a solution?

:)

VancouverDean, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 24, 2020
  3. no audio in Hdmi output

Hi Pankish,

It seems that the issue is due to incorrect audio settings. For help fixing audio or sound problems, try the audio troubleshooter.
    It might be able to fix audio problems automatically.

Additionally, we suggest that check your audio settings. Make sure that your HDMI TV is set as your default sound device. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and in the Search box, type
      Sound
    • From the search results, click the Sound option.
    • Under the Playback tab, click Speakers
    • Click Set Default at the bottom.
    • Click Apply and OK to save the settings.

Please post back with the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Melowin Mar, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Audio problems on TV output

Why can't I change audio output when cast to device?

I have a problem when I cast my streaming to a TV via WiDi, I want to change the audio out put from the system.

Steps:

1. Connect to video streaming eg. Youtube

2. Cast the video streaming to my TV via WiDi (Actiontec)

3. Open playback device and try to change my audio output from TV to my laptop

Question here:

Win10 is not allowed to change my audio output frommy TV to my native speaker

is it a bug?

Kate_question_boy, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Audio problems on TV output

1. Audio problems on TV output - Similar Threads - Audio problems output

2. Output audio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Output audio problem: I'm using windows 10 and having an audio output problem.When I plug my headphone in the audio jack, it shows no headphone output.But when I unplug my headphone, it shows a problem in this video https://youtu.be/c65TSp2A-P4 The first 12 seconds I have my headphones plugged in,...
  3. Output audio problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Output audio problem: I'm using windows 10 and having an audio output problem.When I plug my headphone in the audio jack, it shows no headphone output.But when I unplug my headphone, it shows a problem in this video https://youtu.be/c65TSp2A-P4 The first 12 seconds I have my headphones plugged in,...
  4. Output audio problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. system audio output problem

system audio output problem: I am having difficulty with sound output via hdmi. It is not getting to the display via hdmi. I have replaced/updated drivers, rebooted several times, and the sound meter shows activity but cannot get sound from computer to display. I do, of course, get image. This...
  6. Audio Output Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Output Problems: Hello. I have a pc build with a gigabyte b450m ds3h, r5 3600, 5700xt. The bios is flashed to the latest version. Running windows ten, and my headset will not work out of ANY jack on the PC, including both the front ports and the ones on the IO in the back. However, when I...
  7. Problem with audio output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with audio output: Hello fellow Redditors, My friend has Win10 and since it's install, sometimes it happens that in middle of some app/game audio output switches from headphones to TV (using it as a monitor). Now, we recently started playing one game and in one game (approx. 40 minutes) it...
  8. HDMI Output to TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Output to TV: I use my laptop to send PowerPoint presentations to a big screen TV in a classroom. That works fine as long as I am in Slide Show mode. However, I cannot get anything else from the computer to the TV. When I connect the laptop to the TV I see my background photo but I do not...
  9. Audio output device problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio output device problem: I have my audio output device on my HP laptop set to a Bluetooth wireless device. Every time I boot from shutdown or on restart the computer, the output resets to the computer's audio device. I have to reset it in Bluetooth and other device settings. How can I stop this? Is...
  10. Audio output problem

Audio output problem: i am getting audio output problem it is showing no device installed but in device manager there is device how to solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-problem/b00a6d90-7fff-4532-9a32-ccb7430865dc