Windows 10: Audio problems Toshiba

Discus and support Audio problems Toshiba in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About a week ago my Toshiba laptop running with Windows 10, suddenly started having issues with the audio. I could be streaming video or playing a game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kdswift, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Kdswift Win User

Audio problems Toshiba

About a week ago my Toshiba laptop running with Windows 10, suddenly started having issues with the audio. I could be streaming video or playing a game and all of a sudden the audio just stops. I have to pause the streaming/video for about ten seconds and then the audio will play again...just to repeat every minute or two. I notice the longer into a show i am watching...the shorter the intervals between working and not working. I am so frustrated because I have troubleshooted the issue along with updating the drivers with no luck in resolving this issue. Does anyone have any other ideas or advice for what to do next? besides get an external device for audio?

:)

Kdswift, Jan 30, 2021

2. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Audio Problems on Toshiba Laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

The issue could be because of incompatible sound drivers on the computer. I suggest you to download the sound drivers and install them in compatibility mode and check.

Please follow the below link to know how to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Also, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your sound card or driver, and your speakers or headphones.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter,
    • Then click on Troubleshooting. Under
      Hardware and Sound,
    • Click on Troubleshoot audio playback.
    ‌If it prompts for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

I would suggest you try the troubleshooting steps provided in the article below and see if it helps:

Fix sound problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Audio problems Toshiba

Audio Flipping sides problem

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, provide us more information.

• Is the issue is specific to only export stream videos?

• Try playing other videos/audio and let us know the status?
    I appreciate the steps you have performed. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps provided.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.

• Click on Advanced on the Audio troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Audio troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to set the headset as default and check.

• Right click on the on the sound icon on the Windows taskbar.

• Click on Sounds and click on Playback
      tab.

• Click on the headset and set it as default by clicking on the
      Set default button.

• Now click Apply and OK.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Audio problems Toshiba

1. Audio problems Toshiba - Similar Threads - Audio problems Toshiba

2. Problem with Old Toshiba

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Old Toshiba: Good afternoon, Microsoft staff. If I may, I’m having trouble with a 2006 Microsoft Vista Toshiba laptop. I know. Not exactly cutting edge, but it’s all I’ve had to fall back onTo be honest, I’ve had to use it on safe mode for some time now because it lags in normal mode....
  3. Problem with Old Toshiba

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Old Toshiba: Good afternoon, Microsoft staff. If I may, I’m having trouble with a 2006 Microsoft Vista Toshiba laptop. I know. Not exactly cutting edge, but it’s all I’ve had to fall back onTo be honest, I’ve had to use it on safe mode for some time now because it lags in normal mode....
  4. Internet Problem on my Windows 8.1 Toshiba

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Problem on my Windows 8.1 Toshiba: Just today, I realized that my laptop wasn't connected to the internet, and when I went to check, the network that I usually use wasn't there! However, on other devices, the internet still works fine. I tried many techniques and things but the problem is still there. When I...
  5. Internet Problem on my Windows 8.1 Toshiba

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Problem on my Windows 8.1 Toshiba: Just today, I realized that my laptop wasn't connected to the internet, and when I went to check, the network that I usually use wasn't there! However, on other devices, the internet still works fine. I tried many techniques and things but the problem is still there. When I...
  6. Screen Focus Problem on Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Focus Problem on Toshiba Laptop: Tishiba laptop, W10Pro The screen on my laptop is very hard to see as focusing seems to be the problem. When watching a YouTube video, for instance, the colors don't appear as sharp as they used to be.. I've tried adjusting focusing myself, and even had a Geek Squad tech give...
  7. Toshiba Laptop audio issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Laptop audio issues.: I have no sound or audio on my Toshiba Laptop. the toolbar has a small speaker on it,which applies to earphone speaker. I think windows update is the problem,as I try to download them ,which takes hours to download , then I keep getting error messages. I have tried removing...
  8. Problem with my Toshiba external drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with my Toshiba external drive.: Hello. I'm very sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section. Previously I have only ever posted a 'response' to a particular thread. My problem is this. Recently I tried (and failed) to create a bootable version of Window 10 on my (blank) external 1TB Toshiba external...
  9. Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue: Hi folks! Have a friend with a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 laptop bought around 2009. Device Manager shows a High Definition Audio Device driver. It has no sound when playing anything from YouTube, however, can use ear buds, and listen to whatever. Plan to uninstall...
  10. Problems with Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Toshiba Laptop: 1.) Sometimes, when logging out, computer makes a sound as if there is an error somewhere. 2.) Occasionally (not all of the time), computer makes a beeping noise when left for standby and mouse cursor fails to respond on time when mouse if wiggled to wake computer up....