Windows 10: Audio problems with headphones

Discus and support Audio problems with headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My problem is that normally I plug my headphones into my computer, it has a degree of volume, for example, 40/100, when I unplug the headphones, it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NguyenDuc Anh3, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Audio problems with headphones

My problem is that normally I plug my headphones into my computer, it has a degree of volume, for example, 40/100, when I unplug the headphones, it has a different degree of volume, it can be 30/100 or 0/100 depends on the degree of volume I've set before plugging in. But now, it does not work like that anymore. When I plug/unplug the headphones, it is the same degree of volume. How can I change my set of sounds to be like in the past?

:)

NguyenDuc Anh3, Jul 31, 2020

2. [WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Audio problems with headphones

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Audio problems with headphones

1. Audio problems with headphones - Similar Threads - Audio problems headphones

2. Problem with audio through my headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with audio through my headphones: Hello, I recently bought this used PC and for the first few days of having it and using it, it worked fine. Just recently I booted it up and there was no sound playing through my headphones at all. I figured it was just a problem with my headphones but that isn't the case. I...
  3. Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio: Ever since I've upgraded to windows 11, I've had problems with my headphones. Also to note, I've never used headphones that connect using a jack with my pc. I just upgraded to the Arctis Nova 1 and they work great on my mac. I plugged them into my pc and its stuck on mono...
  4. Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio: Ever since I've upgraded to windows 11, I've had problems with my headphones. Also to note, I've never used headphones that connect using a jack with my pc. I just upgraded to the Arctis Nova 1 and they work great on my mac. I plugged them into my pc and its stuck on mono...
  5. Headphone Audio Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone Audio Problems: I got a new pair of headphones and when I plug them in they work and the noise registers but I hear no audio. Also the mic isn't working. The window's troubleshooter updated the audio drivers and it didn't fix the problem. Any advice?...
  6. Headphone audio problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Headphone audio problem: Hi, My laptop audio is working fine. But when I connect my headset, I don't hear anything. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-audio-problem/1ac61c75-b2f5-4f33-94da-ebbca49734bb
  7. Audio problems with headphones.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio problems with headphones.: I recently purchased a pair of USB headphones and went straight into its software and cranked the bass up. Problem is that when there is heavy bass in music the volume rapidly decreases then goes back to normal to compensate for the bass. I've had this problem with my...
  8. Headphone/Audio Problems

Headphone/Audio Problems: Hello! I am encountering an extremely annoying issue with my HyperX Cloud II headphones where only certain things will play. I loaded up Minecraft, and the audio was playing through my headphones normally. I then realized I couldn’t hear my friends through Discord, so I...
  9. audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"

audio problem: "no speakers or headphones are plugged in": hi, i've been having serious audio issues with my computer, an asus x555ya, for almost three weeks now. the sound icon on my taskbar has a red x on it. i've tried every single solution on the internet to no avail; attempted to update/reinstall my audio driver only to find out...
  10. Headphone Audio not working problem

Headphone Audio not working problem: There's this incredibly obnoxious problem where my wired headphones plugged into the audio jack and the audio is fine and stays like that. Then sometimes when they headphones are pulled out of the jack, the whole computer makes the audio come out of the speakers instead of...