Windows 10: Audio Problems With the Surface Laptop 3

Discus and support Audio Problems With the Surface Laptop 3 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; No audio output/input device detected, trouble shooting doesn't work. In device manager the audio device option is not there, the sound option isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ReanaXO, Mar 15, 2021.

1. ReanaXO Win User

Audio Problems With the Surface Laptop 3

No audio output/input device detected, trouble shooting doesn't work. In device manager the audio device option is not there, the sound option isn't either. Also up to date with any updates, cannot play any sound since the laptop 'doesn't know where to play it'. Seems it cannot detect audio device. This is a relatively new laptop which I bought early December last year.

:)

ReanaXO, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Audio Problems With the Surface Laptop 3 :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Mar 15, 2021
  3. AJMazza Win User
    Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

New Surface Laptop 3 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - January 30

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Manual download:

Brink, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Audio Problems With the Surface Laptop 3 - Similar Threads - Audio Problems Surface

2. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  3. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  4. Audio issues - speakers and audio jack are not working - Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio issues - speakers and audio jack are not working - Surface Laptop 3: I have tried most things i could find to get the speakers and audio jack to work but they will not. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reseting the pc, checking to see if there are any other audio outputs connected there is not and have factory reset recovery the pc...
  5. No Audio on Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio on Surface Laptop 3: Hi, Not to long ago I opened up my surface laptop 3 to do some work, and after doing so, I noticed that there wasn't any audio coming out through the Laptop's speakers. I verified that the volume wasn't muted, reinstalled drivers, and made sure that there...
  6. Surface Laptop 3

Surface Laptop 3: They say a Surface Laptop 3 battery should last about 11 hours. I know you will not get 11 hours but you should get something near that. If I am lucky I get 2 to 3 hours at the most out of mine I ordered the laptop November 3 2020 so it is still under Microsoft one year...
  7. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  8. Surface Laptop 3 feet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3 feet: Hi, i got my Surface Laptop 3 about 2 weeks ago and i'm wondering if i go into a Microsoft Store and try to get replacement feet as seen in other questions and answers where people say going to a Microsoft store would work, would the person who is trying to get replacement...
  9. Surface Laptop 3 Battery

Surface Laptop 3 Battery: Hi, I've recently bought: Microsoft 13.5 Intel Core i5 Surface Laptop 3 - 256GB - Black Advertised at 11.5 hours battery life, along with an expensive pricetag, I seem to be averaging about 5 hours of normal use litteraly microsoft edge and microsoft word. Any advice?...
  10. Surface Laptop 3

Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...