Windows 10: Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone

Discus and support Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, every time I plug in my headphones I get a small box pop up in the centre of my screen asking me what I’m connect, I have some options like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lewis Barrett1, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone

Hello, every time I plug in my headphones I get a small box pop up in the centre of my screen asking me what I’m connect, I have some options like “Headphones, Headphones with Mic, Line in, Speaker ect..” Recently I’ve been trying to set up my headphones with a connected microphone, For the past 3-4 months I have had the laptop, when I plug them in and select “Headphones” in the pop up, all works fine, and even the laptops built in microphone has worked me well but I want to change. But now, when I select “Headphones with Microphone” from the pop up, my audio instantly becomes extremely grainy

:)

Lewis Barrett1, Mar 22, 2023

2. Windows 10: Microphone and Headphone Recognition issues.

Hi Armandill,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in audio settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "1/8 inch cable port
      Are you referring that there is no headphone port or microphone port on the computer?
    • Have you checked the computer specification regarding the audio ports?

I suggest you to check if speaker and microphone driver is available in the Device Manager or not.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Audio inputs and outputs.

4. Check if microphone and headphone driver is available or not.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with headphone and microphone usage on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 22, 2023
  3. Salvyar Win User
    Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable
    Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone 179885d1520446768t-headphone-microphone-not-working-first-without-headphone-pl-ugged.png

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)
    Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone 179886d1520446863t-headphone-microphone-not-working-plugged-front.png

Selected headphone
    Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone 179888d1520446922t-headphone-microphone-not-working-selected-headhpone.png

Selected Mic in
    Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone 179889d1520446958t-headphone-microphone-not-working-selected-mic-.png

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)
    Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone 179890d1520446992t-headphone-microphone-not-working-selected-cog.png

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)
    Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone 179891d1520447026t-headphone-microphone-not-working-wrench.png

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Mar 22, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone

Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• Are you able to use any other microphone on the computer?
    • Are you able to use the headphones microphone on any other computer?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Fix microphone problems

Also, you can follow the steps mentioned below to check if the Microphone is disabled:

1. Go to Settings >> Sound.
    2. Go to Check Input Devices >> Manage Sound Devices.
    3. Under Input Devices check if the device is Disabled.
    4. For Eg: You might see Stereo Mix.
    5. Click on Stereo Mix and click on
      Enable.

6. Now, test the Microphone and check if you are able to record audio.

Hope it helps. Please reply to this post for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone

1. Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone - Similar Threads - Audio problems using

2. Amplified noises when using headphone microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amplified noises when using headphone microphone: When in a call or playing a game with in game voice chat it makes the sound of the game amplified to a point where even turning the sound down to it's lowest barely helps. On top of that it also makes the sound, I don't know how to explain it, more dank I guess is a way you...
  3. Amplified noises when using headphone microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amplified noises when using headphone microphone: When in a call or playing a game with in game voice chat it makes the sound of the game amplified to a point where even turning the sound down to it's lowest barely helps. On top of that it also makes the sound, I don't know how to explain it, more dank I guess is a way you...
  4. Hollow audio when using microphone

Hollow audio when using microphone: I recently got a new Pc on windows 11 and when I have my microphone in built on my headphones turned on with any audio that's going on like if I'm playing a game then the audio starts to sound really hollow and fuzzy I tried looking at ways to fix it and turned off sound...
  5. Hollow audio when using microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hollow audio when using microphone: I recently got a new Pc on windows 11 and when I have my microphone in built on my headphones turned on with any audio that's going on like if I'm playing a game then the audio starts to sound really hollow and fuzzy I tried looking at ways to fix it and turned off sound...
  6. Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone

Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone: Hello, every time I plug in my headphones I get a small box pop up in the centre of my screen asking me what I’m connect, I have some options like “Headphones, Headphones with Mic, Line in, Speaker ect..” Recently I’ve been trying to set up my headphones with a connected...
  7. Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio problems with windows 10 when using headphones linked microphone: Hello, every time I plug in my headphones I get a small box pop up in the centre of my screen asking me what I’m connect, I have some options like “Headphones, Headphones with Mic, Line in, Speaker ect..” Recently I’ve been trying to set up my headphones with a connected...
  8. No Audio When Microphone Is In Use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio When Microphone Is In Use: Hi, I've recently built my new PC and installed Windows 10 Education since its offered free to me as a college student. I've had no problems with it so far except for an issue where when the microphone is in use (as in when there is a microphone icon in the bottom right...
  9. Microphone issue when i'm using headphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone issue when i'm using headphone: I'm using Havit h2590bt wireless headpgone. When I connected the headphone the microphone didn't work. I connected it correctly and volume levels are ok. What should i do now?...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...