Windows 10: Audio profile selector not showing.

Discus and support Audio profile selector not showing. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So when I plug anything into my audio output jack headphones, speakers etc I have always had a screen pop up and ask which profile I want to use. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aidobeast, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Aidobeast Win User

Audio profile selector not showing.

So when I plug anything into my audio output jack headphones, speakers etc I have always had a screen pop up and ask which profile I want to use. I would then select either headphones or speakers depending what im using. But now when I plug either device in - I receive no pop up to select the profile, and cannot figure out how to find this screen. I cannot change the profile. and now i get no sound through my mic I think its probably set to speakers which would normally stop mic inputshow do I find the sound profile selector screen and change my input.

:)

Aidobeast, Mar 27, 2022

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Mar 27, 2022
  3. Colour profiles not showing in notification bar

Hi Miranda,

Color management profiles might not work properly due to an incompatible display driver. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the below questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • Can you enumerate the troubleshooting steps that you have performed?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install the display driver in compatibility mode by following these steps:

• Download the latest audio driver from your device manufacturer's website.
    • Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Click on Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select latest Windows
      version
      from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Reply to us with the information, so we can assist you better.

Janeane Cru, Mar 27, 2022
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Audio profile selector not showing. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Audio profile selector not showing. - Similar Threads - Audio profile selector

2. Windows Installation version selector

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installation version selector: Hi, so I know that you can create the "ei.cfg" file to unlock the version selector. But online many people create the ei.cfg file like this:"[EditionID]Professional[Channel]Retail"And others create it like this:"[EditionID]Professional[Channel]_Default[VL]0"So which one is...
  3. Windows Installation version selector

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installation version selector: Hi, so I know that you can create the "ei.cfg" file to unlock the version selector. But online many people create the ei.cfg file like this:"[EditionID]Professional[Channel]Retail"And others create it like this:"[EditionID]Professional[Channel]_Default[VL]0"So which one is...
  4. Audio profile selector not showing.

Audio profile selector not showing.: So when I plug anything into my audio output jack headphones, speakers etc I have always had a screen pop up and ask which profile I want to use. I would then select either headphones or speakers depending what im using. But now when I plug either device in - I receive no pop...
  5. Audio profile selector not showing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio profile selector not showing.: So when I plug anything into my audio output jack headphones, speakers etc I have always had a screen pop up and ask which profile I want to use. I would then select either headphones or speakers depending what im using. But now when I plug either device in - I receive no pop...
  6. Windows 11 Taskbar Not Showing Tile Selector When Multiple Instances Are Running not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Not Showing Tile Selector When Multiple Instances Are Running not...: Problem: Normally when multiple windows of the same application are running, and the icon in the taskbar is clicked, you are presented with tiles that allow you to select which running instance you want brought to the foreground/forefront. This functionality broke after...
  7. Windows 11 Taskbar Not Showing Tile Selector When Multiple Instances Are Running not...

Windows 11 Taskbar Not Showing Tile Selector When Multiple Instances Are Running not...: Problem: Normally when multiple windows of the same application are running, and the icon in the taskbar is clicked, you are presented with tiles that allow you to select which running instance you want brought to the foreground/forefront. This functionality broke after...
  8. Random languages in language selector

Random languages in language selector: Hi,Windows keeps adding random languages to my language selector. These are languages I did not select anywhere.I want EnglishUnited States to my default one and I want also Hungarian so I can switch between them with Win+Space.Some info:pic 1 Here you can see only 2...
  9. Dark mode selector missing

Dark mode selector missing: I had to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch due to an error that prevented updates from completing, After getting things set up, I went to personlize my display and wanted to turn dark mode back on but the option is missing from the place it should be under the colors field....
  10. Exe not showing in graphic settings selector!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exe not showing in graphic settings selector!: So in the graphic settings in windows settings I am trying to add a file so I change the power settings for it but it doesn't show up! It shows when in file explorer but not in the file select in the graphic settings? I hope you understand what I mean, English isn't my first...