Windows 10: audio programs

Discus and support audio programs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft suddenly forced an update on me & I lost my sound. What are the two programs I need to have my sound restored?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HowardReda, Jan 2, 2021.

1. audio programs

Microsoft suddenly forced an update on me & I lost my sound. What are the two programs I need to have my sound restored?

:)

HowardReda, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 2, 2021
  4. audio programs

Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

audio programs

1. audio programs - Similar Threads - audio programs

2. How to make a "rule" so that when launching a program an audio file plays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make a "rule" so that when launching a program an audio file plays?: Hello, I know it's a bit of a weird question, but let me clarify. When I was younger I visited a friend's house and on his PC his brother made it so that when he launched a game, a custom audio file started playing, without it being visible too! So many years later, today, I...
  3. How to make a "rule" so that when launching a program an audio file plays?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make a "rule" so that when launching a program an audio file plays?: Hello, I know it's a bit of a weird question, but let me clarify. When I was younger I visited a friend's house and on his PC his brother made it so that when he launched a game, a custom audio file started playing, without it being visible too! So many years later, today, I...
  4. How to make a "rule" so that when launching a program an audio file plays?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Youtube and game audio levels changing when tabbing between programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube and game audio levels changing when tabbing between programs: I've noticed that both games and browsers Opera GX and Microsoft Edge are the ones I've tested will have their sound changed drastically if I'm tabbed away from that program. It makes game audio basically muted if I tab away, but also makes any youtube video way louder if I...
  6. Youtube and game audio levels changing when tabbing between programs

Youtube and game audio levels changing when tabbing between programs: I've noticed that both games and browsers Opera GX and Microsoft Edge are the ones I've tested will have their sound changed drastically if I'm tabbed away from that program. It makes game audio basically muted if I tab away, but also makes any youtube video way louder if I...
  7. Audio in all programs other than ableton, only record in one channel. What changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio in all programs other than ableton, only record in one channel. What changed?: Hi,something changed on my Windows 10 PC and I'm unsure how to solve it, its caused issues with my sound input.All my windows apps other than the DAW I use for music production ableton, only record in the left channel and when it does, it records the left channel into the...
  8. Audio in all programs other than ableton, only record in one channel. What changed?

Audio in all programs other than ableton, only record in one channel. What changed?: Hi,something changed on my Windows 10 PC and I'm unsure how to solve it, its caused issues with my sound input.All my windows apps other than the DAW I use for music production ableton, only record in the left channel and when it does, it records the left channel into the...
  9. Audio in all programs other than ableton, only record in one channel. What changed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Windows 11 audio freezes for 5-30 seconds often when opening or closing a program

Windows 11 audio freezes for 5-30 seconds often when opening or closing a program: When I have audio playing and open or close a program, usually the audio will completely cut out for 5-30 seconds. I have all the latest windows updates, and this issue happens regardless of if I have the Realtek drivers from Asus's website or not. I just have to wait it out...