Windows 10: Audio quit working after a Windows update

Discus and support Audio quit working after a Windows update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My audio stopped working a day after a Windows update. This is the second time that happened. The first time it happened, I simply bought new speakers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ForeignNecessary187, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Audio quit working after a Windows update

My audio stopped working a day after a Windows update. This is the second time that happened. The first time it happened, I simply bought new speakers. That was about 4 months ago. I don’t want to buy another set of new speakers.

I’ve tried pretty much everything. I’ve tried updating my audio driver, I disabled and re-enabled my audio driver, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, I’ve tried fixing it using Command Prompt, I tried switching my default sound device, I’ve done it all. Not a damn thing has worked. The audio troubleshooter thinks my speakers aren’t plugged in, but they are. I checked all the cables, everything is plugged in securely and nothing appears damaged. The speakers still turn on.

I’m quite tired of this. Can Microsoft just make functional updates for once? What else can I do at this point?

Edit: okay wow, I just fixed it.

submitted by /u/ForeignNecessary187
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ForeignNecessary187, Jul 18, 2020

2. Rear audio jack not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing beats audio on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your HP computer?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the audio drivers for your device.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      Speakers/ Headphones and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Keyboard/audio stopped working after intel/samsung update from windows updates

Yesterday my dad did some updates on his Asus netbook, there was a rollup December update and 2 optional updates from intel and samsung. My dad installed all, after the restart the keyboard and the audio didn't work anymore. He did a system restore and now only installed the rollup update. After the restart de keyboard and the audio were working again. Tried one more time the intel and the samsung update and again it disabled the keyboard and the audio so my dad did another system restore and all was working again. Currently he avoids the optional updates from intel and samsung.

But how(or why) can these updates disable the keyboard and the audio?

P4-630, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Audio quit working after a Windows update

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.

Sai Sreekantt M, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Audio quit working after a Windows update

1. Audio quit working after a Windows update - Similar Threads - Audio quit working

2. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard quit working after updates: I have an HP model 2000-2D49WM that came with windows 8. when I updated to 10, the keyboard stopped working. I have tried every possible solution I could find online.. Nothing has fixed it. I did discover that if I right click the start button then left click...
  3. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard quit working after updates: I have an HP model 2000-2D49WM that came with windows 8. when I updated to 10, the keyboard stopped working. I have tried every possible solution I could find online.. Nothing has fixed it. I did discover that if I right click the start button then left click...
  4. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audio quit working with Zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio quit working with Zoom: After more than a year of perfect performance, my audio on Zoom was lost. I've reinstalled Zoom, confirmed most recent drivers for my devices, reconnected cables, etc. and nothing is working. The speakers and microphone work with other apps. Possible that this is another...
  6. Audio quit working with Zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio quit working with Zoom: After more than a year of perfect performance, my audio on Zoom was lost. I've reinstalled Zoom, confirmed most recent drivers for my devices, reconnected cables, etc. and nothing is working. The speakers and microphone work with other apps. Possible that this is another...
  7. Audio quit working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio quit working after Windows 10 update: About a week ago I updated windows to Windows 10 Pro 21H1 and the audio quit working.MSI B550 MOBOI had been using the on board RealTech audio.So I ordered a Xonar SE sound card and installed it. With both units the Device Manager discovered them but in the Sound settings it...
  8. After recent update audio quits working after one minute.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After recent update audio quits working after one minute.: Here's the Version 2004 and OS Build 19041.508 Audio will work about a minute and then go silent, microphone is also affected. I can run the trouble shooter and after a scan it suggests changing the driver to the "inbox class driver" whatever that is. Sound will come back...
  9. Outlook Email Quit Working After Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Email Quit Working After Windows Update: After the most recent Windows upgrade Outlook 2007 email quit working - get a "Not implemented" message when attempting to send/receive email....
  10. network quit working after updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network quit working after updates: WiFi does not connect after recent updates. Wifi used to connect anywhere. Do you know how to test network adapters? Update may wiped an old adapter or this Toshiba satellite M 645 S4070 may need different one. 90705