Windows 10: Audio quit working after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Audio quit working after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About a week ago I updated windows to Windows 10 Pro 21H1 and the audio quit working.MSI B550 MOBOI had been using the on board RealTech audio.So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mike32217, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Mike32217 Win User

Audio quit working after Windows 10 update

About a week ago I updated windows to Windows 10 Pro 21H1 and the audio quit working.MSI B550 MOBOI had been using the on board RealTech audio.So I ordered a Xonar SE sound card and installed it. With both units the Device Manager discovered them but in the Sound settings it showed No devices installed.I went into Services Windows Audio and restarted several times with no help, finally I set the Windows Audio service Log On settings to "Local System account" and "Allow services to interact with desktop" and both the on board unit and the Xonar unit show up in the Sound Settings but still no o

:)

Mike32217, Jul 26, 2021
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 26, 2021
  4. JoeBoyka Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everything is working *Smile Audio quit working after Windows 10 update :)

JoeBoyka, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Audio quit working after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Audio quit working

2. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard quit working after updates: I have an HP model 2000-2D49WM that came with windows 8. when I updated to 10, the keyboard stopped working. I have tried every possible solution I could find online.. Nothing has fixed it. I did discover that if I right click the start button then left click...
  3. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard quit working after updates: I have an HP model 2000-2D49WM that came with windows 8. when I updated to 10, the keyboard stopped working. I have tried every possible solution I could find online.. Nothing has fixed it. I did discover that if I right click the start button then left click...
  4. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audio quit working with Zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio quit working with Zoom: After more than a year of perfect performance, my audio on Zoom was lost. I've reinstalled Zoom, confirmed most recent drivers for my devices, reconnected cables, etc. and nothing is working. The speakers and microphone work with other apps. Possible that this is another...
  6. Audio quit working with Zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio quit working with Zoom: After more than a year of perfect performance, my audio on Zoom was lost. I've reinstalled Zoom, confirmed most recent drivers for my devices, reconnected cables, etc. and nothing is working. The speakers and microphone work with other apps. Possible that this is another...
  7. After recent update audio quits working after one minute.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After recent update audio quits working after one minute.: Here's the Version 2004 and OS Build 19041.508 Audio will work about a minute and then go silent, microphone is also affected. I can run the trouble shooter and after a scan it suggests changing the driver to the "inbox class driver" whatever that is. Sound will come back...
  8. works 2000 quit working after 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    works 2000 quit working after 10 update: newest update caused word 2000 to quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/works-2000-quit-working-after-10-update/fc6f7c71-ddff-4af3-9847-563bb0d165d0
  9. Audio quit working after a Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio quit working after a Windows update: My audio stopped working a day after a Windows update. This is the second time that happened. The first time it happened, I simply bought new speakers. That was about 4 months ago. I don’t want to buy another set of new speakers. I’ve tried pretty much everything. I’ve tried...
  10. network quit working after updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network quit working after updates: WiFi does not connect after recent updates. Wifi used to connect anywhere. Do you know how to test network adapters? Update may wiped an old adapter or this Toshiba satellite M 645 S4070 may need different one. 90705