Windows 10: Audio randomly cuts out for 1 second every 5 - 10 minutes

Discus and support Audio randomly cuts out for 1 second every 5 - 10 minutes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time this happens i also get a notification from realtek audio console on windows 10 saying "what audio device did you plug in?" with the options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/venzo2704, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Audio randomly cuts out for 1 second every 5 - 10 minutes

Every time this happens i also get a notification from realtek audio console on windows 10 saying "what audio device did you plug in?" with the options of headphones, mic in, etc. anyone have a solution for this? its really really annoying.

submitted by /u/venzo2704
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/venzo2704, Nov 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 Audio Randomly Cuts Out

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Is the issue confined with specific browser, when you say online audio and video is not working?

2) Is the issue is confined with play online audio/video or with system audio as well?

3) Which exact Windows troubleshooter you have run?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have not performed audio troubleshooter then, I suggest you to perform audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Step 2: Set Windows Audio services as manual.

Follow the below steps:

1) Press Windows key + r, type services.msc and hit Enter.

2) Check for the Windows Audio services.

3) Right click on the service and select Manual.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...10&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Audio randomly cuts out every few minutes

This began to happen fairly recently, probably over the past few days.

My audio is cutting out/lagging randomly when listening to Spotify and/or playing games or watching YT videos for example.

I'm using a DGX Xonar 5.1 soundcard for my toslink hi-fi system, as well as bluetooth headphones and the issue is apparent on both devices.

It is worth mentioning that the cut-outs do not occour at the same time when listening to spotify
    and playing games, they appear to happen independendly.

I have updated, as well as reinstalled all my audio drivers, based on others who had similar issues I've checked my ethernet connection and its usage does not correlate with audio lags and they still occour offline.

I'm not sure what could cause this problem, especially since active audio programs have lags across all outputs but not at the same time.

Windows 10 64bit Pro

Any help would be appreciated.

WolfKordel5627, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Audio randomly cuts out for 1 second every 5 - 10 minutes

Realtek Audio stops randomly for a second

Hi and thanks for the reply. So...

1. No problems with all the troubleshooters. The only thing that I've disabled is the audio enhancements even thought they weren't turned on.
    2. I am attaching 3 screenshots to show you my startup settings, Ucheck statistics and Driver booster info.

For some reason Driver Easy doesnt start on this PC.. No Idea why
    Now I will turn on some music and latency mon and monitor the lags.

Also I use KMPlayer so I havent installed third-party codecs. What is the best choice - CCCP, K-Lite, X?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: After 5 mins of music - it happened again even though - no latency issues...

Audio randomly cuts out for 1 second every 5 - 10 minutes [​IMG]

uglyfatandalive, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Audio randomly cuts out for 1 second every 5 - 10 minutes

1. Audio randomly cuts out for 1 second every 5 - 10 minutes - Similar Threads - Audio randomly cuts

2. Audio keeps cutting out every 10 minutes then coming back after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio keeps cutting out every 10 minutes then coming back after a few seconds.: I've already tried reinstalling my drivers and many other things but nothing seems to be working. submitted by /u/ReBl437 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mmlu1h/audio_keeps_cutting_out_every_10_minutes_then/
  3. Computer freezes randomly for ~1 second, sometimes audio cuts out.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes randomly for ~1 second, sometimes audio cuts out.: Processor: Intel Core i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz upgraded from 16GB to 32GB last week OS: Windows 10 Home - latest update as of 31/03/2021; GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX2070 Super 8GB SSD 970 Evo 250gb + 500gb & HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB I'm...
  4. Audio cuts out randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio cuts out randomly: Hello This problem started happening in 2 months ago. The problem is that the audio in my headsett just cuts out randomly, and does not come back on unless I disconnect and reconnect my headsett. I have tried troubleshooting, updating drivers, and restarting. Nothing has...
  5. Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  6. Internet cutting out every 5 minutes just one my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet cutting out every 5 minutes just one my PC: Using a Wi-Fi adapter. I'm getting disconnected on my PC every 5 minutes at random time frames during the day. It's been happening for a while about once a month for a couple hours but now it's every day. It's not an internet problem, I've had the same livestream running on...
  7. Internet working for 5 minutes then cutting out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet working for 5 minutes then cutting out.: My laptop this week has started to act up, whenever I start my laptop up it works as usual. The internet and everything works fine until about 3-7 minutes later where my internet just goes to nothing. submitted by /u/RedsRepublic [link] [comments]...
  8. Audio randomly cuts out every few minutes

Audio randomly cuts out every few minutes: This began to happen fairly recently, probably over the past few days. My audio is cutting out/lagging randomly when listening to Spotify and/or playing games for example. I'm using a DGX Xonar 5.1 soundcard for my toslink hi-fi system, as well as bluetooth headphones and...
  9. Audio randomly cutting out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio randomly cutting out: Can someone help me but for some odd reason for the past couple of days I've been experiencing audio cutting out(as shown https://gyazo.com/2eebf219956e244eabed33609ed374e3 )? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my audio driver to the point where I even did a hard...
  10. Bluetooth headphones cut out for a second every few minutes

Bluetooth headphones cut out for a second every few minutes: Recently my bluetooth headphones have started to cut out for a second every few minutes. After looking at the event viewer I noticed this occurs every instance. MMDevAPI: Audio device state changed Any idea what causes this to happen...